Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I got a new apartment!

1. Oct 5, 2004 #1

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Woohoo! I'm moving into a new one-bedroom apartment! Granite countertops, hardwood floors, lots of storage space, a garage parking spot, and more! MINE, ALL MINE! Muhahahahah!

- Warren

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 5, 2004 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Wow! Sounds wonderful, you must be making some big $$$ for a place like that in California. :bugeye:

I want granite countertops. :cry:

4. Oct 5, 2004 #3

Nereid

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Does it have a broadband internet connection? A place to put your PC, printer, router, etc?

Well done Warren ... enjoy! :smile:

5. Oct 5, 2004 #4

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Actually it's pretty reasonable! $1045 a month, and only 15 minutes from SF. There's a ferry within walking distance too, so I won't even have to find parking in the city anymore!

*Warren floats on Cloud Nine*

- Warren

6. Oct 5, 2004 #5

Evo

:bugeye: That's as much as my monthly mortgage payment. But I live in a cow pasture. :frown:

That's incredible. Now I'm really jealous. Need a roommate? :tongue2:

7. Oct 5, 2004 #6

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh, it's extremely good price for this area. A nice (read: not crappy) one-bedroom in the city itself will run you $1400-1600, so this is a STEAL. Really. I know it sounds nuts, but it is.

This is my new home:

[​IMG]

- Warren

8. Oct 5, 2004 #7

Evo

That is really a beautiful area. Do you sail?

9. Oct 5, 2004 #8

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Not yet :tongue2: but I might have to take it up. I do, however, fly -- and Oakland airport is only about 10 minutes away! :biggrin:

- Warren

10. Oct 5, 2004 #9
    Sounds like a good place to bring chicks over.

11. Oct 5, 2004 #10

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, my girlfriend plans to move in sometime in early 2005, so I suppose you're on the right track, Chrono. ;)

- Warren

12. Oct 5, 2004 #11

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

nice chroot! i'll be in downtown san fran next month! of course, we may end up arguing over the validity of astrology should we decide to go out for coffee...i heard the rent is pretty high in that area-portland is not much further behind when you live downtown.

13. Oct 5, 2004 #12
    You're the man, Warren, you're the man.

14. Oct 5, 2004 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Wow, sounds fantastic! Though, I'm always shocked by prices of apartments on the coasts! Your rent is MORE than my monthly mortgage payment! Then again, I don't have granite countertops (I really would like them...or actually, anything would be better than the light blue laminate countertops I have :yuck:).

15. Oct 5, 2004 #14
    How about dark blue laminate countertops?

16. Oct 5, 2004 #15

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Actually, yes, even that would be better. My cabinets are very light colored, so the kitchen needs some dark countertops for a bit more punch (and so you can't see the coffee stains around the coffee-maker.)

17. Oct 6, 2004 #16

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Whoohooo! Way to go Chroot!!! I just got myself an apartment in Amsterdam across from where my great-grandfather used to live and everything is close by!! :biggrin:

Do you need to do a lot of fixing/redecorating?

18. Oct 6, 2004 #17

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

chroot, I'm so jealous! My rent-controlled building down here in La-La land just sold to a new owner so we may get the boot soon. Hope we can find nice new affordable, cat-friendly digs! That's very cool. Good for you!

19. Oct 6, 2004 #18
    This makes me want to get my own place. 20 and still living with parents doesn't sound very well. Of course, I like to think of it from an economic point of view. More money for me.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?