I got a new basketball!

• Thread starter Gib Z
  • Start date
Gib Z
Homework Helper

Main Question or Discussion Point

This is really random, but I just got a new basketball today! Yay!

Its a Nike 2000 and if there was ever a ball that was sexy, this would be it.

Im still terrible at basketball though, anyone here play?

Answers and Replies

I play a lot in the summer in the backyard and sometimes at the school court near my house. Nothing beats a nice ball, between me/my brother someone always ends up leaving it in the yard and then the sun ruins it though, heh. Actually last year's is sitting out in the snow right now. :redface:

Gib Z
Homework Helper
Lol i want to take care of this ball, my last one, Spalding TF-250, its pretty much just a grey sphere now..lol

I play a lot, I was on the team in high school and am playing in intramurals now. Haven't played in two years so now I'm pretty terrible haha. I bought one of those nike cage grip balls because they were on sale and I quite like it.

Used to play during high school, stopped after I went to college, and gained a few pounds, can't touch the ring anymore..
I guess I lost my game..

I used to play on a couple of community teams. Haven't touched a ball in about 10 years. I had a great reverse layup. I would come up under the backboard cross under the rim and put the ball up backwards behind me inches from the hoop. I could do it either side, either left or right hand, without looking. If I got to the baseline they figured I was going to do it, but it was hard to stop because if they went to where I was going to be, I would just lay it up forwards. I was okay shooting from outside the foul line, but not great.

Gib Z
Homework Helper
I've never been great overall, but when I was 12 i had a great 3 point shot. When I say great, i ment compared to my other friends. I got about half of them in. Theres a friend of mine that can go 30 or so before he gets unlucky and misses one. Most of those times its a swish as well.

I've never been great overall, but when I was 12 i had a great 3 point shot. When I say great, i ment compared to my other friends. I got about half of them in. Theres a friend of mine that can go 30 or so before he gets unlucky and misses one. Most of those times its a swish as well.
That's like my brother. He could hit shots from all over the outside and rarely missed, pretty good inside too, but I had a better reverse layup. :tongue:

I haven't even thought about basketball in years. I ought to see if mine will still hold air and try some shots sometime. I do enjoy it, just never really too good. I was at a point where I would be picked early in gym class when playing basketball. I was happy with that.:biggrin:

Gib Z
Homework Helper
Everybuddy should have a basketball :D You can get em fer a few bucks, why wouldn't you? Even when your alone, you can practice your handles and shots.

I know this guy whose almost as good at shooting as the guy i mented in my last post, but his handles are so hot. It's like those pros playing freestyle, its crazy!