Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I got a new basketball!

1. Mar 15, 2007 #1

Gib Z

Homework Helper

This is really random, but I just got a new basketball today! Yay!

Its a Nike 2000 and if there was ever a ball that was sexy, this would be it.

Im still terrible at basketball though, anyone here play?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 15, 2007 #2
    I play a lot in the summer in the backyard and sometimes at the school court near my house. Nothing beats a nice ball, between me/my brother someone always ends up leaving it in the yard and then the sun ruins it though, heh. Actually last year's is sitting out in the snow right now. :redface:

4. Mar 15, 2007 #3

Gib Z

Homework Helper

Lol i want to take care of this ball, my last one, Spalding TF-250, its pretty much just a grey sphere now..lol

5. Mar 15, 2007 #4
    I play a lot, I was on the team in high school and am playing in intramurals now. Haven't played in two years so now I'm pretty terrible haha. I bought one of those nike cage grip balls because they were on sale and I quite like it.

6. Mar 15, 2007 #5
    Used to play during high school, stopped after I went to college, and gained a few pounds, can't touch the ring anymore..
    I guess I lost my game..

7. Mar 15, 2007 #6
    I used to play on a couple of community teams. Haven't touched a ball in about 10 years. I had a great reverse layup. I would come up under the backboard cross under the rim and put the ball up backwards behind me inches from the hoop. I could do it either side, either left or right hand, without looking. If I got to the baseline they figured I was going to do it, but it was hard to stop because if they went to where I was going to be, I would just lay it up forwards. I was okay shooting from outside the foul line, but not great.

8. Mar 17, 2007 #7

Gib Z

Homework Helper

I've never been great overall, but when I was 12 i had a great 3 point shot. When I say great, i ment compared to my other friends. I got about half of them in. Theres a friend of mine that can go 30 or so before he gets unlucky and misses one. Most of those times its a swish as well.

9. Mar 17, 2007 #8
    That's like my brother. He could hit shots from all over the outside and rarely missed, pretty good inside too, but I had a better reverse layup. :tongue:

I haven't even thought about basketball in years. I ought to see if mine will still hold air and try some shots sometime. I do enjoy it, just never really too good. I was at a point where I would be picked early in gym class when playing basketball. I was happy with that.:biggrin:

10. Mar 17, 2007 #9

Gib Z

Homework Helper

Everybuddy should have a basketball :D You can get em fer a few bucks, why wouldn't you? Even when your alone, you can practice your handles and shots.

I know this guy whose almost as good at shooting as the guy i mented in my last post, but his handles are so hot. It's like those pros playing freestyle, its crazy!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?