Success at Last: My Journey into Medical Laboratory Science

In summary, Scorpa has made it into a medical laboratory science program. He is excited for school to start and is looking forward to learning new things.
scorpa
Well I just found out today I made it into my medical laboratory science program! I am so excited, I have worked hard to get in. I cannot wait for school to start now...come september I will be taking courses in clinical chemistry, human histology, pathogenic microbiology, physiology, hematology, hemostasis, and transfusion science! It is a very small program so there should be a good relationship between the students and professors.

Physics news on Phys.org
Woo Hoo! Congratulations! You earned that spot, and I'm proud of you. I'll bet your parents are higher than kites! Keep us in touch - it sounds like you're going to be challenged and I know you're up to it.

Edit: Am I going to have to call you Dr. Scorpa in a few years?

Great job scorpa!

Congrats!

What wonderful news! I am so excited for you!

Awesome, congrats!

:biggrin:
turbo-1 said:
Woo Hoo! Congratulations! You earned that spot, and I'm proud of you. I'll bet your parents are higher than kites! Keep us in touch - it sounds like you're going to be challenged and I know you're up to it.

Edit: Am I going to have to call you Dr. Scorpa in a few years?

Well maybe :) This isn't medical school, I didn't want to do that. But I am hoping to eventually get into grad school and earn my doctorate in clinical chemistry or toxicology so hopefully one day it will be Dr. Scorpa :biggrin:

scorpa said:
:biggrin:

Well maybe :) This isn't medical school, I didn't want to do that. But I am hoping to eventually get into grad school and earn my doctorate in clinical chemistry or toxicology so hopefully one day it will be Dr. Scorpa :biggrin:
OK Dr Scorpa, with a phd. I can handle that. As long as we can hook up sometime and ride some serious miles with your dad!

Hey, Sweetie;
Excellent job! I don't actually have any right to feel proud of you, since I had nothing to do with your success... but I do anyhow. I can't even put it off to you being from Nickleback territory. You could be in Tasmania and I'd still feel the same way. I guess that's what the PF community is about.

Bye the by, I was at the Chateau Louise a month ago. They had internet connections in the rooms, so I logged into PF to see if your were on line. I was going to invite you over for a beer and to meet W, but you were never on when I checked. :frown:

Well done scorpa. Enjoy it.

Congratulations! :biggrin:

turbo-1 said:
OK Dr Scorpa, with a phd. I can handle that. As long as we can hook up sometime and ride some serious miles with your dad!

Sounds good!

Danger said:
Hey, Sweetie;
Excellent job! I don't actually have any right to feel proud of you, since I had nothing to do with your success... but I do anyhow. I can't even put it off to you being from Nickleback territory. You could be in Tasmania and I'd still feel the same way. I guess that's what the PF community is about.

Bye the by, I was at the Chateau Louise a month ago. They had internet connections in the rooms, so I logged into PF to see if your were on line. I was going to invite you over for a beer and to meet W, but you were never on when I checked. :frown:

Thanks Danger :) I haven't been online much lately since I've been home, to much competition for the computer now :grumpy:

Scorpa, I am so happy for you!

scorpa said:
I haven't been online much lately since I've been home, to much competition for the computer now :grumpy:

Ahhh... I didn't realize that you were home; I figured that you were on campus. We just take #2 straight up and back for Edmonchuk, or veer off for Lloyd, so your place wouldn't have been too far out of the way. On the other hand, W doesn't like side-trips, and we've been using her van. :grumpy:
But... the Camino is coming back on the street very soon. As soon as I have $200 for a tank of gas, I'll be in charge of where we go. :biggrin:

Nice Job!

happy congratulations! :biggrin::biggrin:

Hey scorpa, congratulations! Well done!

Best wishes for much success.

congrats man. hope it all works out for the best for you...

Congrats!

Thumbs up, scorpa! :smile:

What inspired you to pursue a career in medical laboratory science?

I have always been fascinated by the inner workings of the human body and the role that laboratory science plays in diagnosing and treating diseases. My interest in science, combined with my desire to make a difference in the healthcare field, led me to pursue a career in medical laboratory science.

What does a typical day in the life of a medical laboratory scientist look like?

A typical day for a medical laboratory scientist involves a variety of tasks, including collecting and preparing samples, running tests and procedures using specialized equipment, analyzing data, and communicating results to healthcare providers. We also play a crucial role in quality control and ensuring accurate and timely results for patient care.

What qualities or skills do you think are essential for success in this field?

Attention to detail, critical thinking, and strong problem-solving skills are crucial for success in medical laboratory science. It is also important to have good communication and teamwork skills, as we often work closely with other healthcare professionals to provide the best care for patients.

What do you find most rewarding about your job as a medical laboratory scientist?

The most rewarding aspect of my job is knowing that I am helping to make a difference in people's lives by providing accurate and timely test results that aid in diagnosing and treating diseases. It is fulfilling to be a part of the healthcare team and contribute to improving patient outcomes.

What advice would you give to someone interested in pursuing a career in medical laboratory science?

My advice would be to have a strong foundation in science and mathematics, as well as a passion for helping others through the healthcare field. It is also important to stay updated on advancements and new technologies in the field, as medical laboratory science is constantly evolving. Finally, gaining hands-on experience through internships or shadowing opportunities can provide valuable insight into the day-to-day responsibilities of a medical laboratory scientist.