Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I got kicked out.

1. Oct 7, 2009 #1
    See title.

So anyways, my already sparse visits will likely become even fewer and farther between. Not sure.

Just want to let you all know that I've enjoyed all of you guys, not that I'm leaving, but nonetheless.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 7, 2009 #2

turbo

Gold Member

Love ya, binz. Please stay close.

4. Oct 7, 2009 #3

OmCheeto

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Kicked out of school? Kicked out of the house? Kicked out of PhyForum chat? What's going on Binz?

5. Oct 7, 2009 #4
    Out of the house, my moms, and my dads teaching on the res. 60 miles away, somewhere I will not go to school, so I'm going to be with a cousin for a while at least, dunno.

6. Oct 7, 2009 #5

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh binz, I'm really worried about you...please let us know how you're doing! We really care about you!

7. Oct 7, 2009 #6
    Thank you lisa, I'll keep you guys posted.

8. Oct 7, 2009 #7
    no sweat, it's not as bad as being kicked out of pf.

9. Oct 7, 2009 #8

OmCheeto

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Sounds like an excellent adventure to me. I had to kick myself out of the house about the time I was 18. Do you have to sleep on the floor or the couch at your cousins? I had to kick myself out of the navy, as they made me sleep on the floor one day. Major no-no if you want to keep the help around.

10. Oct 7, 2009 #9
    Good luck Binzing.

11. Oct 7, 2009 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Good luck, binzing! Hopefully you'll only be gone a short time until you settle into someplace new. There are always libraries if you need a place to get access to PF!

12. Oct 7, 2009 #11

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Wait, binzing is 15, right?

Binz, do you need somone to come for you? Will your parents allow us to help?

13. Oct 7, 2009 #12

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Can your mom even legally "kick you out"? Aren't you still a minor?

I guess from everything you've told us, you're glad to go. It's going to be ok. A lot of us went off on our own pretty young. I'm hoping this cousin of yours is a responsible adult, though.

14. Oct 7, 2009 #13

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

True...I was 17. It wasn't easy, though.

I feel for you, Binz.

15. Oct 7, 2009 #14
    17 actually.

My dad's teaching on a reservation about 80 miles east of here, he came and picked me up and took me into town to my cousin's, it should all work out.

16. Oct 7, 2009 #15

OmCheeto

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Odd. This whole thread looks like tonight's episode of Futurama. I'm think I'll go to bed, before I wake up and find out this is all a weird *** dream.

17. Oct 8, 2009 #16
    Awe, we are all here for ya. Hope all goes well for ya. If ya need help, don't be afraid to ask. Hope you aren't gone for long, you will be missed.

18. Oct 8, 2009 #17

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

I pretty much left at 17, but then it was off to university.

Good luck binz. Holler if there's something we can do.

19. Oct 8, 2009 #18
    Binz, I'm sorry to say this, but from what you were telling us on PF chat regarding your mom's decorum, it seems like a blessing in disguise.

You should be glad, you're now free and you wont be called a moron or an idiot for trivial matters.

20. Oct 8, 2009 #19
    Yeah I think there will be advantages...

21. Oct 8, 2009 #20
    I was out on my own when I was 17, and that way by my own choice. I got a job, rented an apartment and it's been an interesting adventure since then. I'm not saying that's the best way to go; I just didn't really have a whole lot of choice.

If people can help you out, binzing, and you can keep going to school and get post-sec with people's support, take it. You won't regret it. Try not to make too many dumb choices. Try to listen to people who are older than you who you respect. (I realise that likely everyone older than you seems to have no clue what anything's about, but trust me on this one, there are plenty of people who know a whole bunch. Listening will only help you.)

Good luck and check back in here as needed. There's a bunch of terrific people here who know stuff and care a great deal.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook