Moving: Pros & Cons of My Dream Place

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, the woman is considering moving to save money, but her children want to move in with her to save money as well. She's looking at two apartments and one has a steep staircase and large window, while the other has a attached two car garage and kitchen. The problem is that she'll have to pay for the added rent and her children want the one with the bathtub.

dlgoff said:
Do you have to be out of your old apartment today? Hopefully you'll have a place to sleep tonight. :uhh:
No, I have few days. Furniture is moved and I'm in excrutiating pain.

Proton Soup said:
ugh. yeah, the bad news is that some achilles injuries can be very bad. the good news is that a lot of mild tendon inflammation is now being treated with a simple eccentric exercise regimen. but in the meantime, an epsom salt foot bath might reduce a bit of the inflammation.
This is actually something that has been going on for at least a year, but this is the worst prolonged occurance. No one knows what the cause is. There are many related problems, I'm pretty sure it is neurological.

Thanks for caring. My mother used to use epsome salt foot baths for sore feet all of the time, I wish I had some.

Right now I can barely move.

Physics news on Phys.org

I wish I could give you some medical advice, Evo, but that's the domain of an orthopedic appointment. I encourage you to keep to the computer this weekend -- no "feats" of strength. The Emergency Room is always there if you do need it (or if you have generous insurance).

The "happy thoughts" aimed at my heel seem to be helping. I'd now like to ask that happy thoughts be sent to my hips and tummy.

Evo Child was going to come over and help but is going to a party instead. I can't bend forward or lift things. :frown:

I moving things by packing a tiny cooler on wheels and rolling it back and forth. At this rate it will be december before I get everything moved. :cry:

Send old Evo happy thoughts, please!

Go crash your daughter's party, you might feel a lot younger after :biggrin:

Evo said:
The "happy thoughts" aimed at my heel seem to be helping. I'd now like to ask that happy thoughts be sent to my hips and tummy.

Evo Child was going to come over and help but is going to a party instead. I can't bend forward or lift things. :frown:

I moving things by packing a tiny cooler on wheels and rolling it back and forth. At this rate it will be december before I get everything moved. :cry:

:frown:

*Sends a massive amount of happy thoughts*

Evo said:
Yeah, I just moved next door. Still waiting for the movers.

Next door?

Next time, just sneak out during the night, and switch the numbers on the apartments. They'll never know the difference.

:tongue2:

OmCheeto said:
Next door?

Next time, just sneak out during the night, and switch the numbers on the apartments. They'll never know the difference.

Oooh! Sneaky.

I've got to buy a nice gift for the couple upstairs at my new place. Yesterday she brought me a hot cup of flavored coffe during the move. Then after the movers left, she came over with a bottle of wine so I could have some and unwind. The wine is great. She and her husband are nature lovers like me and we both support the wildlife in the ravine. :tongue2:

She's older than I am and she also fell recently and has trouble moving, so we can commiserate. I'm back next door to the nice young guy. The new old place feels like I never left. I'd forgotten how roomy it was.

Evo said:

Largest box I could find:

[PLAIN]http://www.teacratepackaging.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/300x290/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/l/a/large_box_3.jpg

No empty space left inside, filled up with THE BEST thoughts I could find.

Last edited by a moderator:

Evo said:
I've got to buy a nice gift for the couple upstairs at my new place. Yesterday she brought me a hot cup of flavored coffe during the move. Then after the movers left, she came over with a bottle of wine so I could have some and unwind. The wine is great. She and her husband are nature lovers like me and we both support the wildlife in the ravine. :tongue2:

She's older than I am and she also fell recently and has trouble moving, so we can commiserate. I'm back next door to the nice young guy. The new old place feels like I never left. I'd forgotten how roomy it was.
Sounds like the move worked out well. :approve: :cool:

Evo said:

So basically, instead of moving, you got drunk with the neighbours... :biggrin:

Evo said:

"Good senses make good neighbors."

you should really get a http://www.robotoys.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=1306&p_catid=41"

Borek said:
Largest box I could find:

[PLAIN]http://www.teacratepackaging.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/300x290/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/l/a/large_box_3.jpg

No empty space left inside, filled up with THE BEST thoughts I could find.
aww, thanks Borek!

Astronuc said:
Sounds like the move worked out well. :approve: :cool:

micromass said:
So basically, instead of moving, you got drunk with the neighbours... :biggrin:
Actually, she was nice enough to just bring me the bottle and leave it all to me.

Loren Booda said:
"Good senses make good neighbors."
They're are good.

Proton Soup said:
you should really get a http://www.robotoys.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=1306&p_catid=41"
EXACTLY what I need!

I'm still moving. :cry: Almost done. I can't lean forward, or bend down, or pick things up, or walk. If it wasn't for that tiny cooler on wheels, I wouldn't be able to do anything. My neightbor has helped some, finally last night and this morning Evo Child stopped by and moved stuff for me, but she's had a stomach virus the last couple of days so wasn't able to come over.

The old grey mare she ain't what she used to be...

Evo said:
I'm still moving. :cry: Almost done. I can't lean forward, or bend down, or pick things up, or walk. If it wasn't for that tiny cooler on wheels, I wouldn't be able to do anything. My neightbor has helped some, finally last night and this morning Evo Child stopped by and moved stuff for me, but she's had a stomach virus the last couple of days so wasn't able to come over.

The old grey mare she ain't what she used to be...

:cry:

You're almost done. Just keep on going and you can finally relax. My healing thoughts are being send straight to you.

Physics Forums proves to be an exercise among real concerns, virtual interactions, and their convergence.

All I can offer is good thoughts, good words and a postcard - although the PC would be wasted, as you said you don't have a key to your own mailbox. So I will pass on the postcard and concentrate on telepathy. TRANSMITTING...

Borek said:
All I can offer is good thoughts, good words and a postcard - although the PC would be wasted, as you said you don't have a key to your own mailbox. So I will pass on the postcard and concentrate on telepathy. TRANSMITTING...
Awww, thanks!

Oh my Evo, you're moving again? Please take it easy, although you're probably an expert by now on these things. Have you planned something nice for yourself when you're done? Watch your favorite tv series or read a good book? Hang in there!

Do no worry Evo! I will send you the healing power of the dolphins! *Concentrates on Evo's well being*

GregJ said:
Do no worry Evo! I will send you the healing power of the dolphins! *Concentrates on Evo's well being*
Thank you Greg!

Are you a Dolphin Ambassador?

I never thought I could become a true Dolphin Ambassador, but then I found out that you don't actually have to ever get near a dolphin or water in order to channel the psychic healing powers of dolphins. You just need to send money. I'm saving up.

Unfortunately, people that do not come to chat regularly are not enlightened to Dolphin Healing.

In reality? Nope :) but I really do wish you well.

GregJ said:
In reality? Nope :) but I really do wish you well.
:cry: You could have lied to me. Sometimes a little white lie is good.

Evo said:
:cry: You could have lied to me. Sometimes a little white lie is good.

Ah, but then i'd have to charge a fee if I were an official dolphin ambassador. As an unofficial, I can do exactly the same but free of charge ;)

And I made friends with some wild dolphins off the coast of South Africa on a surfing tour. They have much better healing power.

GregJ said:
Ah, but then i'd have to charge a fee if I were an official dolphin ambassador. As an unofficial, I can do exactly the same but free of charge ;)

And I made friends with some wild dolphins off the coast of South Africa on a surfing tour. They have much better healing power.
I knew I heard them calling to me. :!)

GregJ said:

They're MY dolphins. They're MINE! Get away or I'll attack you with my army of killer whales. (Yes, I just got my PhD in Killer whale general).

micromass said:
They're MY dolphins. They're MINE! Get away or I'll attack you with my army of killer whales. (Yes, I just got my PhD in Killer whale general).
I am honored Dolphin Ambassador. Please send me your Dolphin's healing powers.

(non chat people will think we're nuts)

Evo said:
I am honored Dolphin Ambassador. Please send me your Dolphin's healing powers.

Yep, I am a chat buddy, and dare I say, you are dabbling off the deep end... with Flipper that is.

Rhody... :blushing: :devil:

Evo said:

Nuts is the new cool :cool: