Out of the Blue - A Strange Encounter at Work

In summary, the two girls were walking past when the Polish girl slapped the American guy. Apparently it was a light slap, but it was still shocking and unexpected. The purpose of the slap was unknown, but it may have been to prank the American guy or to test the waters.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Ok, i am just standing there, when two very nice girls walk past, they walk
on a few yards then turn around and walk back to me, one of them asks me,
(were you looking at my---) i think she is polish, i say (well it is very nice)
so she slaps me, not hard, but i was shocked, and then she gives me a kiss,
what was that all about ?

This was at work.

Physics news on Phys.org
She wants you mate.

wolram said:
Ok, i am just standing there, when two very nice girls walk past, they walk
on a few yards then turn around and walk back to me, one of them asks me,
(were you looking at my---) i think she is polish, i say (well it is very nice)

This was at work.

I may assume that she knew she's "pretty" and tried to behave like she's one all the time. Another girl told her in sarcasm that the guy out there is looking at your ass, she wanted to show how taugh she was, she went back and slapped you. I also assume that something like that had never happened to you before, and you're an emotional guy like most of the PFers are. She looked at you back, and wanted to see sorries and cries but she saw big sorrow. She felt stupid and she kissed you. That's all I assume. I myself got slapped a few times, it isn't a very nice feeling, that's why I probably have distance to most of the girls. Hope you're well right now, aren't you?

sex her up now!

heartless said:
I may assume that she knew she's "pretty" and tried to behave like she's one all the time. Another girl told her in sarcasm that the guy out there is looking at your ass, she wanted to show how taugh she was, she went back and slapped you. I also assume that something like that had never happened to you before, and you're an emotional guy like most of the PFers are. She looked at you back, and wanted to see sorries and cries but she saw big sorrow. She felt stupid and she kissed you. That's all I assume. I myself got slapped a few times, it isn't a very nice feeling, that's why I probably have distance to most of the girls. Hope you're well right now, aren't you?

:uhh: Okayyyyyyyy...

Ask her out, if she turns you down file for sexual harassment. You'll get something out of it one way or the other.

heartless said:

I keep that kiss in my mind, it will not go away :grumpy: sugar it, it is so not fair, i have developed a limp ever since.

wolram said:
She was clearly teasing you, but I can't say if it was a cruel sort of thing or means there's any genuine interest. Strikes me as over-the-top, either way.

Did you slip her the tongue? :biggrin: :wink: :tongue:

Ahhaha, this thread is funny. Some girls are just damn little Machiavellis, just as some guys are. They just like to mess with you. You can bet she had a mischievous grin right after the kiss. Probably the best thing my dear wolram should have done was either:
A) Slap her back (lighter than she did to you), then kiss her.
B) Show no emotion whatsoever.

Option-A confuses her and her friend totally, until (if she's smart), she's found that you are not insane, its just that you messed with her, just as she did to you.

Option-B, well, she wouldn't have succeeded in confusing you, as far as she knew.

So, how much does printer ink cost nowadays?

Jeez you guys are a bunch of dorks. LOL What SHOULD have transpired after she turned around and asked you is this:

Her: "Were you looking at my ass?"
You: "Well no, turn around so I can have a look."

This puts you in control, which is probably what she was after. You've most likely already blown it. She shocked you and that was a disappointment for her. Her hope was that you'd be able to handle it. She probably may have been actually surprised that you didn't handle it. There is a possibility that you may still have a shot though. If she was really as cool as she thought, she could have smoothed it over and your shock would have dissolved immediately. What you could do is the same thing to her. Walk up to her and say something that you are pretty certain will catch her off guard. When it does, tell her you're even now and yada yada yada...

Averagesupernova said:
Jeez you guys are a bunch of dorks. LOL
Says he who starts a sentence with "Jeez"

:biggrin:

zoobyshoe said:
She was clearly teasing you, but I can't say if it was a cruel sort of thing or means there's any genuine interest. Strikes me as over-the-top, either way.
Whether teasing or genuinely interested, she's noticed you.

Your move.

Interesting that the women haven't responded. Perhaps they are quietly :rolleyes:

I am not sure how I would have responded, but perhaps with my training I would have intercepted her hand.

On the other hand, if I was completely taken by surprise and received a slap, I would ask why she did that. I would most likely block a kiss.

I did have situation a few month ago where a woman asked me if I would like to check her perfume. We had both entered a door way simultaneously. She leaned a little in my direction, and then since I was apparently slow to respond (and with both hands full of books and bag), she leaned so close that I almost 'kissed' her, that is she just about touched her cheek to my face. I was utterly bewildered, and simply commented that it was nice. I actually held my breath because the perfume was overwhelming. :rolleyes:

She is also the one who likes to grap my arms or shoulders now and then. And she knows I'm married. :rolleyes:

She's a psycho.

Evo said:
She's a psycho.
I presume the she to whom you are referring is the one who slapped then kissed Wolram. :biggrin:

Astronuc said:
I presume the she to whom you are referring is the one who slapped then kissed Wolram. :biggrin:
Yes, that person is a flake.

Astronuc said:
Interesting that the women haven't responded. Perhaps they are quietly :rolleyes:

I am not sure how I would have responded, but perhaps with my training I would have intercepted her hand.

On the other hand, if I was completely taken by surprise and received a slap, I would ask why she did that. I would most likely block a kiss.
Geez, how did this type of scenario never wind up as an episode on Kung Fu ... or at least as a scene in Austin Powers?

In fact, that's a great idea for a new movie. The secret agent that can't get a girlfriend because his reactions and training are too good. :rofl:

I can top that one - when I was in university, a van load of girls stopped on the road next to me while I was walking to my car. They invited me to get in. There were no seats except for the driver's and front passenger seats. Instead there was a mattress.

I declined - and they drove off.

Evo said:
She's a psycho.
That about sums it all up, three tidy little words.

She's nuts! :rofl:

Even tidier. :biggrin:

Astronuc said:
I can top that one - when I was in university, a van load of girls stopped on the road next to me while I was walking to my car. They invited me to get in. There were no seats except for the driver's and front passenger seats. Instead there was a mattress.

I declined - and they drove off.

Good for you. Those traveling mattress saleswomen are so annoying and pushy. They probably would have talked you into a $1500 Serta before you even knew what was happening.

OK, if she is a phyco what do i do next time, she is going to be around for
at least 6 months, and it is a small factory.
ouch, i have just been bitten, there are ANTS in the HOUSE .

Math Is Hard said:
Good for you. Those traveling mattress saleswomen are so annoying and pushy. They probably would have talked you into a $1500 Serta before you even knew what was happening.
Yeah - I always say NO to unsolicited solicitations. :rofl:

wolram said:
Tell her that her behavior is inappropriate and not to touch you again.

wolram said:

Get the water guns ready. Such women don't like to be wet. If you're much of a fighter, do the same thing to her as she did to you, like somebody before me proposed. Or instead of water get some wall paint, make sure it's green, or any color. Spread it out all over her body including her hair - a violent way of dealing with such cases. There are many ways of dealing with this, but I myself would suggest to don't do anything. Revange isn't sweet.

/edit
Wait! How do you know that she's going to be in neighborhood for about 6 months and works in a small factory!?
Wolram... :!)

Last edited:
Pengwuino said:
sex her up now!
!

10chars

wolram said:
(were you looking at my---)

You should have slapped her right on the ---. Chicks dig that.

OK, if she is a phyco what do i do next time

When she slaps you, haul back and punch her in the nose. That will surprise her and do so much more.

Evo said:
She's a psycho.
I'm going to endorse this explanation. I think Evo's pretty sharp about this sort of thing.

What it means is that it was a cruel sort of tease, just intended to make herself feel powerful.

Tom Mattson said:
Exactly! :approve:

I'm not taking advice from PF again. Ow.

wolram said:
i have developed a limp ever since.
Oh, dear. Sounds serious. A limp WHAT Wollie? :biggrin: :rofl:

zoobyshoe said:
I'm going to endorse this explanation. I think Evo's pretty sharp about this sort of thing.

What it means is that it was a cruel sort of tease, just intended to make herself feel powerful.

I'm going to have to agree with zooby. She sounds like she's flaunting power.

Well i got all fired up to giver her a rollicking and she was not there :grumpy:
she is working via an agency, so i will bide my time, she is sure to be back.

Tsu, it is my right leg, an old injury, funny it all ways gets stiff at times like
this.

1. What is "Out of the Blue - A Strange Encounter at Work" about?

"Out of the Blue - A Strange Encounter at Work" is a book that explores the concept of extraterrestrial life and the possibility of encountering it in the workplace. It follows the story of a scientist who has a mysterious encounter with a being from another planet.

2. Is "Out of the Blue - A Strange Encounter at Work" based on real events?

No, "Out of the Blue - A Strange Encounter at Work" is a work of fiction. While it is based on scientific theories and concepts, it is not based on any specific real-life events.

3. What inspired you to write "Out of the Blue - A Strange Encounter at Work"?

As a scientist, I have always been fascinated by the idea of extraterrestrial life and the possibility of encountering it. I wanted to explore this concept through a fictional story that also incorporates elements of science and the workplace.

4. How does "Out of the Blue - A Strange Encounter at Work" incorporate scientific concepts?

The book incorporates various scientific concepts such as astrobiology, quantum physics, and evolutionary biology. These concepts are used to explain the existence and behavior of the extraterrestrial being encountered by the protagonist.

5. What do you hope readers will take away from "Out of the Blue - A Strange Encounter at Work"?

I hope readers will be entertained by the story, but also inspired to think about the possibility of extraterrestrial life and how it could potentially impact our world. I also hope it sparks curiosity and encourages readers to further explore scientific concepts related to the book.