I hate computers

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
wolram
Gold Member

Main Question or Discussion Point

When ever i want to do some thing i have to down load some thing, only to find that some thing will not install, so i have to down load some thing to fix it, only to find that i should have down loaded some thing else first, only when i did that it said (this program is all ready installed on your computer) okay, but this program is not responding, so delete it and down load again, now i forgot what i wanted.

Answers and Replies

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
When ever i want to do some thing i have to down load some thing, only to find that some thing will not install, so i have to down load some thing to fix it, only to find that i should have down loaded some thing else first, only when i did that it said (this program is all ready installed on your computer) okay, but this program is not responding, so delete it and down load again, now i forgot what i wanted.
Take my wife, for example... Sorry, you said computer...

{Just kidding dear o:)}

It is not so much of an issue with computes as it is with operating systems. If I had to guess you are using windows.

wolram
Gold Member
It is not so much of an issue with computes as it is with operating systems. If I had to guess you are using windows.
I think windows is using me, i have gone round in so many circles i can see my own backside.

wolram
Gold Member
Take my wife, for example... Sorry, you said computer...

{Just kidding dear o:)}
I think you just killed your operating system Ivan :smile:

there are few computer problems for which a hammer will not find relief

Definitely a OS problem and not a computer problem. There are many many different OS's to choose from. Maybe you just haven't found the right one for you yet.

Even if you are using Windows, you can generally improve the experience by your choice of software. I run Vista on hardware that can handle it and it is totally pleasant with:

Opera instead of Internet Explorer
Foxit Reader instead of Adobe Reader
VLC instead of windows media / real player / quicktime
No itunes! Apple software blows on windows platforms!

The only thing Windows can't be is secure, but other than that it can function quite well.

I'm running Vista. For the most part it works just fine.
I did once have a problem finding drivers for a particular bit of hardware. Why they would put an OS on a computer with hardware that does not have compatible drivers I'll never know.

Danger
Gold Member
I'm running Leopard on a dual-core Intel Mac. No problems, other than software compatibility which is improving every day.

Definitely a OS problem and not a computer problem. There are many many different OS's to choose from. Maybe you just haven't found the right one for you yet.
"My car is making these noises!"

"Maybe you should try a unicycle, or a blimp..."

This is actually one of my worst fears about going back to school. I'll be using my computer extensively, and I would hate having to go through a session of backing up data files and formatting.