Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I hate computers

1. Apr 18, 2009 #1

wolram

Gold Member

When ever i want to do some thing i have to down load some thing, only to find that some thing will not install, so i have to down load some thing to fix it, only to find that i should have down loaded some thing else first, only when i did that it said (this program is all ready installed on your computer) okay, but this program is not responding, so delete it and down load again, now i forgot what i wanted.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 18, 2009 #2

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Take my wife, for example... Sorry, you said computer...

{Just kidding dear o:)}

4. Apr 18, 2009 #3
    It is not so much of an issue with computes as it is with operating systems. If I had to guess you are using windows.

5. Apr 18, 2009 #4

wolram

Gold Member

I think windows is using me, i have gone round in so many circles i can see my own backside.

6. Apr 18, 2009 #5

wolram

Gold Member

I think you just killed your operating system Ivan :smile:

7. Apr 19, 2009 #6
    there are few computer problems for which a hammer will not find relief

8. Apr 19, 2009 #7
    Definitely a OS problem and not a computer problem. There are many many different OS's to choose from. Maybe you just haven't found the right one for you yet.

9. Apr 19, 2009 #8
    Even if you are using Windows, you can generally improve the experience by your choice of software. I run Vista on hardware that can handle it and it is totally pleasant with:

Opera instead of Internet Explorer
    Foxit Reader instead of Adobe Reader
    VLC instead of windows media / real player / quicktime
    No itunes! Apple software blows on windows platforms!

The only thing Windows can't be is secure, but other than that it can function quite well.

10. Apr 19, 2009 #9
    I'm running Vista. For the most part it works just fine.
    I did once have a problem finding drivers for a particular bit of hardware. Why they would put an OS on a computer with hardware that does not have compatible drivers I'll never know.

11. Apr 19, 2009 #10

Danger

Gold Member

I'm running Leopard on a dual-core Intel Mac. No problems, other than software compatibility which is improving every day.

12. Apr 19, 2009 #11
    "My car is making these noises!"

"Maybe you should try a unicycle, or a blimp..."

13. Apr 19, 2009 #12
    This is actually one of my worst fears about going back to school. I'll be using my computer extensively, and I would hate having to go through a session of backing up data files and formatting.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook