I HATE cooking

• Thread starter Drakkith
  • Start date
chiro
Science Advisor
I'm with the OP in hating cooking. My excuse is an economic one: let other people do what they're good at, I'll stick with programming and math and let the chefs do their thing.

i liked it when i was a teen, but now it feels like i've eaten a rock.
Although I haven't had McDonalds in at least half a year, I had some Dominos a little while ago and I couldn't finish it: it just tasted like crap compared to smoked salmon and salads [my OCD dish ;)]

Get your loved ones to write them down ASAP if they aren't already. Ten years ago my oldest daughter asked me to write all of my recipes down. I didn't because I had them all memorized, I made them every day. Then they went to college, moved out and I wasn't making them every day. And now I don't remember, did I put celery in that, no it was the other dish, wasn't it? did it have bay leaves? What was that special ingredient I used? :frown: I had 3 chicken soups that were as different as night and day and now they all taste the same because I forgot the tricks.
tell me about it! :rolleyes:

9u0XE.jpg

Evo
Mentor
turbo
Gold Member
Oh NO!!! Looks like something I'd do.
The pecan pie section looks like a prescription for a coronary!! Not a keeper!

Evo
Mentor
The pecan pie section looks like a prescription for a coronary!! Not a keeper!
Some things you eat in moderation for the taste treat. If you have an otherwise healthy diet and lifestyle and occasionaly splurge, it isn't going to hurt you. A pecan pie is not something you eat as a major part of your daily food intake.

I'm not a big sweet eater, so a slice of a great pecan pie once a year is a delight that I deserve.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Some things you eat in moderation for the taste treat. If you have an otherwise healthy diet and lifestyle and occasionaly splurge, it isn't going to hurt you. A pecan pie is not something you eat as a major part of your daily food intake.

I'm not a big sweet eater, so a slice of a great pecan pie once a year is a delight that I deserve.
That's about as often as I have it too. Such a treat! Butter and pecans...wow! :!!)

cobalt124
Gold Member
Forgot to mention it can be a healthier way to eat, too.

I hate cooking. It is because whenever I cook, it is always an epic failure. Well I can cook, but it tastes bad. I am more of making snacks than cooking. I only enjoy cooking whenever I am with my friends.

Evo
Mentor
Just found a *recipe* in a cookbook.

Italian tomato soup

1 cup water

1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes (oregano & basil flavored)

1 11.5 oz can of tomato juice

Pour into 3 qt pan, stir, bring to boil, serve in bowls with croutons.

No salt, no cooking, no seasonings (aside from the bare bit in the canned tomatoes)

Who in their right mind would eat this?

turbo
Gold Member
Just found a *recipe* in a cookbook.

Italian tomato soup

1 cup water

1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes (oregano & basil flavored)

1 11.5 oz can of tomato juice

Pour into 3 qt pan, stir, bring to boil, serve in bowls with croutons.

No salt, no cooking, no seasonings (aside from the bare bit in the canned tomatoes)

Who in their right mind would eat this?
Only someone who hates cooking so badly that they would try to choke down the product of this "recipe". My wife and I will thaw out a 2-quart tub of my home-made marinara to start a soup, but that's just the beginning of the stock. Without chopped vegetables, canned black beans, more seasonings, and perhaps some fine pasta or rice, it's just not a soup. Often, we will have saved and frozen stock produced in the making of a boiled dinner or by boiling poultry carcasses, and that will add to the character of the soup.

In college, I had to make time to cook. My weekday evenings were spent studying, and my Friday and Saturday nights were spent performing at frat parties, etc. That meant that at least some of Saturday and much of Sunday were spent making big batches of stuff that I could eat the next week. Bread, baked beans, boiled dinners, spaghetti, chili, etc. No other way to make it through on my budget. I certainly couldn't afford to eat at pizza joints and sandwich shops every night, though I know people that did.