In a Dark Time: Struggling to Write a Conclusion

• Thread starter heartless
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Time
In summary, struggling to write a conclusion can be a difficult and daunting task. It requires the writer to effectively tie together all of the main points and arguments presented in the body of the work, while also leaving a lasting impression on the reader. This process can be especially challenging in a dark time, when the writer's thoughts and emotions may be clouded. However, by focusing on the main themes and purpose of the piece, and taking breaks to gain perspective and clarity, one can overcome this struggle and successfully craft a meaningful and impactful conclusion.
heartless
It's sunday 7:40p.m and I have to write 2 essays, 3 pages each, based on 2 books and I haven't finished yet. It would be much easier to write about the 2 books only, but the topic is "In a dark time time, the eye begins to see..." and I'm completely stuck on the conclusion. I have no idea what to write in there. I got 4 paragraphs, and need the damn conclusion. I beg for help people. Would you be willing to toss some good ideas or examples my way? In a dark time, the eye begins to see... :cry:

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Which two books?

Hehe, any books that are not really important here. The conlusion must be based on something from real life, and here I meet the biggest problem. Everything I knew about realizing the learning when being in tough situation is already included in my essay and I don't see a way to take it out, nor I don't want to take it out, because it seems very good to me. I'd like some people to lend me some ideas I don't know, or just any ideas and examples of what to write in conclusion. Bystander, help...

heartless said:
Hehe, any books that are not really important here. The conlusion must be based on something from real life, and here I meet the biggest problem.

Everything I knew about realizing the learning when being in tough situation is already included in my essay and I don't see a way to take it out, nor I don't want to take it out, because it seems very good to me.

I'd like some people to lend me some ideas I don't know, or just any ideas and examples of what to write in conclusion. Bystander, help...

Gee, I wonder, I wonder, I wonder ...

Oh Bystander, can you wonder a little bit faster and throw out some good ideas?
Please...

I looked at some samples of other essays, and from what I saw, I must understand that conclusion is not anything new, but is rather a summary of all the pre-existing informations. I've just written my final conlusion.
Thanks Bystander,

Gosh, we must write another essay for tomorrow, about 2 excerpts and the theme is 'natural environment.'
How do you professionaly call essays where you write about some writings and a theme? Critical Essay? I know not.
Thanks,

In a dark time, the eye begins to see...

...scotopically!

...scotopically :biggrin:

rather tell me how professionals call essays like the one mentioned below. :tongue2:

I mean, the one mentioned above. 'Edit' button seems not to work for me..

Which essays, the ones written in the dark? They're not very good.

Nope. not the dark essays, but the one about natural environment based on to excerpts.

Just in case, let me repeat the question do don't make any confusions.
How do you professionaly call an essay where you write about some two excerpts or books and a theme
The task says, write an essay about the natural environment based on 2 read excerpts (doesn't say so word by word, by similarly).
And the problem is that I have no idea how to write such an essay, and I need an example of such, just to give me a notion of what it really should contain.
And to find an example, I need a professional name.
Thanks again Rach3

dammit! the edit button doesn't work!
first line - should be 'to' instead of 'do'.

If you are writing it based on two excerpts from two different books then it sounds like a comparision essay to me. You can do it in a block or point by point form. Block is when you talk about each excerpt in the same paragraph (each point gets its own paragraph but you argue both opinions in the same paragraph) and point by point is when each point gets two paragraphs, one paragraph dedicated to the first excerpt and the other dedicated to the second. Put in quotes to develop your point and don't leave any detail unsupported.

heartless said:
dammit! the edit button doesn't work!

I, too, have been having trouble with left-clicking the edit button.

I find that right-clicking the edit button still works - right-click the edit button and then left-click on either "Open Link in New Window" or "Open Link in New Tab".

Regards,
George

I believe that you are writing a form of comparative essay:
http://www.wikihow.com/Write-a-Comparative-Essay
Look at how each author says the same thing, but with different words. You can also look at where the authors contrast with each other, and then analyze these points.

Thanks Math Is Hard. I actually couldn't find any examples, of such essays on the net, and I was forced to write it myself, using the blind knowledge of essay-writing. I decided to do some introduction on the topic, (natural environment) and the rest, just explain how the literary works, relate to natural environment and how do they describe it. I assume, this will at least give me a 70. My usual essay grade.
Also, what would you add to this introduction to make it better? Anyone? I'd like to hear some good ideas from you guys.

Natural environment is every thing that exists around us. Animals, humans, trees, rivers, and even rocks are all part of the natural environment. Throughout history, there were many philosophers and scientists who tried to explain the role, and position of natural environment in our daily lives, beginning with Lamarck and Darwin and ending on the today's scientists. The natural environment is very important to us because it provides us with food, fresh air, water, and all various elements we use in daily lives, like paper, salt, and fossil-fuels. There are also many literary works trying to explain and show how the natural environment really is. The excerpt from Under the Sea-Wind by Rachel L. Carson and the poem In Trackless Woods by Richard Wilbur reveal the amazing natural environment.

Thanks!

p.s I'd also like to hear some ideas about mathematics in nature. I wrote some, but maybe you know some others. Thanks,

Last edited:

1. What is "In a Dark Time: Struggling to Write a Conclusion" about?

"In a Dark Time: Struggling to Write a Conclusion" is an essay by Robert Frost that explores the challenges and frustrations of writing a conclusion to a piece of writing.

2. Why is writing a conclusion difficult?

Writing a conclusion can be difficult because it requires summarizing and synthesizing all of the information and ideas presented in the essay or article. It also needs to leave a lasting impression on the reader and tie everything together in a meaningful way.

3. What strategies does Frost suggest for writing a conclusion?

Frost suggests taking a break from writing and coming back to it with a fresh perspective. He also recommends focusing on the most important points and themes of the essay and finding a creative and impactful way to end it.

4. How does Frost's personal experience relate to the struggle of writing a conclusion?

Frost shares his personal experience of struggling to write a conclusion for his own poem, showing that even experienced writers face challenges in this aspect of the writing process. He also demonstrates the importance of persistence and not giving up in the face of difficulty.

5. What is the main message or lesson of "In a Dark Time: Struggling to Write a Conclusion"?

The main message of Frost's essay is that writing a conclusion can be a difficult and frustrating task, but with persistence and creative thinking, it is possible to overcome this struggle and create a powerful and effective conclusion for any piece of writing.