Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I hate kids

1. Sep 21, 2006 #1
    Need I say more?

........they think there soooooo much better than us. :mad:

We better put a stop to this before they try to take over the world.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 21, 2006 #2

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Don't worry Cyrus, I'm sure that you could play the tambourin much better than any of those little twerps.
  4. Sep 21, 2006 #3
    More brats I hate....

[MEDIA=youtube]9AznccSWlKg[/MEDIA]&mode=related&search= <-what can I say, im a softie for mozart. :approve: Damn that girl is good....

What can I say, she is the master:

5. Sep 21, 2006 #4
    I spent a summer as an auto detailer...cleaning out vehicles....I got a lot of minivans and in that time I have developed a severe hatred of both children and soccer moms haha
  6. Sep 22, 2006 #5
    bah children are horrible... there is nothing more evil and self centered as a child, if they did not look cute to women, they would have been whiped up in a week(and so do human kind, in the long run)...

i heard that all parasite insects learn their job by watching children do their work...
  7. Sep 22, 2006 #6

They'll lose those skills once they discover booze :biggrin:
  8. Sep 22, 2006 #7

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I hope they're that good just because they're child prodigies. "Why would someone want to turn their child into an outboard motorboat?" (Breakfast of Champions)

I'd be more impressed if they tore their wind up toy apart and played with the spring. I'd be even more impressed if they managed to put it back together afterward.
  9. Sep 22, 2006 #8
    I agree, these brats should be spanked.
  10. Sep 22, 2006 #9
    Sounds like you are talking from experience :biggrin:
  11. Sep 23, 2006 #10

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

This is for Cyrus. Have faith.

My daughter is only five, and she can finish an entire popcicle.
    Simon can pose like a rock band front-man. He's only three.

Nell can also put a raisin on her tooth to make it look like she has lost a tooth.
    Benny (one and a half) likes to eat sand.

Hope this helps.
  12. Sep 23, 2006 #11

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ah, there is hope for kids afterall!

I stopped after looking through the links in the first post. That first little girl playing piano really did seem quite talented. The other kids seemed much more like what you'd expect if you made your kids practice something all day long. They can learn to play a song, but it's all just technical...they get all the right notes and timing, but there's no expression in it...some of them don't even have good form (which is fine, I don't expect it out of kids that age, but I just mean it's not something to give them big heads about with parents calling them prodigies when they seem likely to be quite normal...or at least they might be if their parents let them out to play instead of rehearsing their piano playing for hours every day).
  13. Sep 23, 2006 #12
    There's an article in the August 2006 Scientific American that says there really isn't such a thing as a child prodigy, or more accurately anyone can be a child prodigy. It takes about 10 years of heavy labor to master any field, child prodigies have to make the equivalent effort they just start earlier and work harder. It isn't experience per se, but effortful study, continually tackiling challenges beyond one's competence is what matters. And motivation is more important than innate ability.
  14. Sep 23, 2006 #13
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2006
  15. Sep 23, 2006 #14

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

16. Sep 23, 2006 #15
  17. Sep 23, 2006 #16
    I gotta give it to him, Simon is one cool dude. :cool:
  18. Sep 24, 2006 #17
    IMHO he's over-rated. Not that I can do anything that comes close to him, but it seems to me he lacks any kind of emotional maturity.
  19. Sep 24, 2006 #18
    I agree with what Moonbear said on these child prodigies. Anhyhow, i just wanna hear the classical music, i don't care about who is sitting behind/under/onto/next to the instrument

ps : i was a child prodigy as well. I really was...
  20. Sep 24, 2006 #19
  21. Sep 25, 2006 #20

It's a work in progress :biggrin:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?