I hate that stupid game

  • #26
416
2
Math Is Hard said:
Don't you worry, sweet-pea. Auntie Math can be very convincing when it comes to affairs of the heart.

(Failing that, I have a shotgun and a shovel in the back of my pick-up truck.)
I'm sure you can be convincing. Just make sure I don't get on your bad side.

I think I figured out what I'm going to do for Valentine's for, at least, a couple of the girls. One of them, for some strange reason, likes me to give her shoulder massages/rubs and recently one of our other friends has gotten a love coupon book and she seemed to like it. So what I thought was to give her some coupons for a massage. The other girl I figured to just give her some sort of Valentine's card, writing a little something, and mailing it to her from the address I can get from work. How does that sound?
 
  • #27
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
4,527
28
You know, Chrono, I saw your picture in the photo thread, you handsome thing, and you are the SPITTIN' IMAGE of my kid brother!! I just about fell over when I saw that!!! :bugeye: He's a long, tall, handsome drink o' water like yourself.
I think the massage coupons are a nice idea, since she seems to like you backrubs. (sisters, wanna weigh in on this? should he do it?) And yes, send the other girl a card - maybe you could write a cute poem to put in there - no sense putting your eggs all in one basket. :biggrin:
 
  • #28
416
2
Math Is Hard said:
You know, Chrono, I saw your picture in the photo thread, you handsome thing, and you are the SPITTIN' IMAGE of my kid brother!! I just about fell over when I saw that!!! :bugeye: He's a long, tall, handsome drink o' water like yourself.
I think the massage coupons are a nice idea, since she seems to like you backrubs. (sisters, wanna weigh in on this? should he do it?) And yes, send the other girl a card - maybe you could write a cute poem to put in there - no sense putting your eggs all in one basket. :biggrin:
I was thinking of doing something with a poem, but all the ones I like are love poems and I think she'll get a little freaked out if I did that.

Thanks for the compliment. I think that's the most I've had coming from one person. :shy: :blushing:
 
  • #29
123
1
Chrono said:
Chocolate, of course. You know the huge cane shaped container that holds Hershey's Kisses. I gave one girl a bag of Reese's Pieces which she actually told me that she loved. .
Excusme, you eat or give someone that crappy hershey's pseudo chocolate?
I eat tons of chocolate, but I would not touch with 10 foot pole American "chocolate"
Try Lindt or other European chocolate, they are not v.expensive, but my God are they good!! :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:
 
  • #30
416
2
MIH, what do you think of this poem to put in the card:

When you are sad...I will dry your tears
When you are scared...I will comfort your fears
When you are worried...I will give you hope
When you are confused...I will help you cope
And when you are lost...And can't see the light
I shall be your beacon...Shining ever so bright
This is my oath...I pledge till the end
Why you may ask?

Because you are my friend.

I can look and see if I can find some more. You don't want me creating one, because at the rate I go I'd get finished with it in time for Valentine's Day...of 2006.
 
  • #31
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
4,527
28
awww.. I think that's VERY VERY VERY sweet! I think any gal would be thrilled to receive that.
 
  • #32
416
2
Math Is Hard said:
awww.. I think that's VERY VERY VERY sweet! I think any gal would be thrilled to receive that.
So I take it that's a go on putting that on the card. Now, it's more friendly than intimate (I guess that's a good word for it)? I really don't want to come off like I really want to get with her, you know? Of course, if I had a chance I'd ask her out, but that's not where I'm going with this.
 
  • #33
356
3
Math Is Hard said:
awww.. I think that's VERY VERY VERY sweet! I think any gal would be thrilled to receive that.
*makes mental note* Girls like soppy poetry. Got it.
 
  • #34
416
2
Math Is Hard said:
awww.. I think that's VERY VERY VERY sweet! I think any gal would be thrilled to receive that.
Including your sister? (I could have sworn you said daughter. That's why I said it earlier in the other thread. I knew I should have chedked it before I said it.)
 
  • #35
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
4,527
28
Chrono said:
Including your sister? (I could have sworn you said daughter. That's why I said it earlier in the other thread. I knew I should have chedked it before I said it.)
Children are fascinating creatures. I plan to build several of my own next spring in my robotics class. :smile:
My sister Lurleen is still hooked up with her suitor, Travis. My brother and I did our best to break them up on New Year's Eve with no luck. :frown:
 
  • #36
416
2
Math Is Hard said:
My sister Lurleen is still hooked up with her suitor, Travis. My brother and I did our best to break them up on New Year's Eve with no luck. :frown:
Keep trying. I'm sure you'll get to her one day. :approve:

For a little update, I got the cards I plan on sending. I made sure they have enough room in them so I can write what I want, including that little poem I gave you earlier.
 

Related Threads on I hate that stupid game

  • Last Post
Replies
7
Views
3K
  • Last Post
3
Replies
50
Views
10K
Replies
48
Views
26K
  • Last Post
Replies
6
Views
2K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
38
Views
3K
Replies
56
Views
16K
  • Last Post
4
Replies
75
Views
9K
  • Last Post
Replies
6
Views
1K
  • Last Post
Replies
5
Views
4K
Top