Billy Mays: Always Screaming and Making Us Turn Down the Volume

• Thread starter Cyrus
  • Start date
In summary: I just ignore them. Some people really like to watch the commercials, while others find them really annoying. Some people don't mind paying for cable tv, while others think that they should be able to watch the tv show without being bombarded with commercials.
We don't have cable out here in the boonies, but even if it was available, I wouldn't get it. We can get local and national news with our antenna, and that's about the only thing I watch on TV. TV is a spectacular waste of time - about the only time I turn it on aside from the news is to watch a movie on DVD.

Physics news on Phys.org
turbo-1 said:
We don't have cable out here in the boonies, but even if it was available, I wouldn't get it. We can get local and national news with our antenna, and that's about the only thing I watch on TV. TV is a spectacular waste of time - about the only time I turn it on aside from the news is to watch a movie on DVD.

I agree. The only time I really watch TV is when I'm eating breakfast to watch sports news. I watch sports at bars with friends and such. Plus, movies like you said. I don't even have a remote for my TV!

I didn't even bring a TV to Quebec with me.

Then again, computers are just as bad as TV's though.

JasonRox said:
You pay for cable TV?

It's not even worth it. For basic cable here, it's like $30 a month. There are many better things to do with that $30.

Plus, TV comes with internet. Lots of channels host everything online now. For example, if I want to relax and watch a TV show like "Degrassi High", or watch a show from Discovery Channel or watch TSN (sports), it's all online.

My brother too. He ended up picking up a nice antenna someone was giving away, and he gets close to 30 channels which is what basic cable charges!

Everyone pays for cable tv.

JasonRox said:
I agree. The only time I really watch TV is when I'm eating breakfast to watch sports news. I watch sports at bars with friends and such. Plus, movies like you said. I don't even have a remote for my TV!

I didn't even bring a TV to Quebec with me.

Then again, computers are just as bad as TV's though.

I'd get one station, fuzzy, if I didn't have cable. I used to just have antennas, but where I live now, it's not an option. The mountains interfere with the signals too much. Besides, I can't get cable internet without getting the basic cable TV package (again, not a choice, they don't offer just internet, it's either internet plus basic cable or neither). I can't work with just dial-up from home, and apparently I live too far out in nowhere to get DSL.

Cyrus said:
I hope a bus hits you crossing the street tomorrow, driven by Billy Mays because he was fired from his tv spot and couldn't find a job anywhere else.

No need to get your boxers in a bunch. I knew that website hosted a lousy fanclub, all along. We need our own.

I nominate Cyrus, the guy with the altimeter, to be Official President of the PF Billy Mays Fan Club.

Cyrus for President

That's not an altimeter. That is a turn coordinator that helps him avoid flying his rented Skyhawk upside-down.

AHH NOW HE JUST CAME ON SELLING SOMETHING TO Fix CAR SCRATCHES!

I hope that car runs over his head!

Use your turn coordinator to line up and smack'em with your rented skyhawk!

dude, this guy is hilarious! just look at kaboom cleans ring around the toilet!

Ha. Funny this is, I knew who Cyrus was talking about before I even read the thread. He's just like most people on television, acting out to get attention. Makes me glad I don't own a tv.

Looks like the commercials are working.

Jordan Joab

Cyrus said:
AHH NOW HE JUST CAME ON SELLING SOMETHING TO Fix CAR SCRATCHES!

I hope that car runs over his head!

I guess I shouldn't tell you that he's now selling health insurance?:uhh:

Those hand motions have to be the most universal known to man.

Last edited by a moderator:
HEY! I'm Barry Scott

barry-scott.jpg

B. Elliott said:
I guess I shouldn't tell you that he's now selling health insurance?:uhh:

Those hand motions have to be the most universal known to man.

Yes, I've seen those too!

Whats the deal with his constant hand motions and pointing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
My mom hates him as much as you, maybe more. You should start a club.

binzing said:
My mom hates him as much as you, maybe more. You should start a club.

Already done. We all got together via PM and elected Cyrus, (in absentia) president pro-tem of the Physics Forum Obnoxous TV Personalities Fan Cub. The PFOTVPFC, for short.

Cyrus said:
...he strikes again on my tv tonight.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nkuReA-AGa8

New product this time.

Read the youtube comments!

"Perform complex dental work! "

So, you can't stand the guy, he annoys you on the TV, but when you see him, instead of changing the channel and moving on, you seek out his youtube videos, actually get far enough along to read the comments, and then try to torture us with them here? :rofl: What part of this makes sense?

Moonbear said:
So, you can't stand the guy, he annoys you on the TV, but when you see him, instead of changing the channel and moving on, you seek out his youtube videos, actually get far enough along to read the comments, and then try to torture us with them here? :rofl: What part of this makes sense?

I was watching a different network! This guys everywhere. If I must suffer through im, so must the rest of the world until we gang up, hold him down, and kill him slowly using his own products!

PS. they say this new product his selling stinks...-literally.

Phrak said:
Already done. We all got together via PM and elected Cyrus, (in absentia) president pro-tem of the Physics Forum Obnoxous TV Personalities Fan Cub. The PFOTVPFC, for short.

oh I'm definitely in!

Cyrus said:
Thats al borlan, you leave him alone.

Sorry I can't resist, his facial hair purrs to me.