Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I hate you all, BTW

1. Dec 25, 2004 #1
    How many of you are now getting online with a brand new computer recently delivered by Santa?
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 25, 2004 #2
    not me, but I am not going to complain about the computer I have :smile:
  4. Dec 25, 2004 #3
    i love you too, tribdog!

ps i got my laptop for my birthday. ;)
  5. Dec 25, 2004 #4
    I got my top of the line xps system about 2-3 months ago and plays doom 3 like no other!
  6. Dec 25, 2004 #5
    I just upgraded, got a tape drive for my Commodore 64
  7. Dec 25, 2004 #6
    Then why are you complaining :cool:
  8. Dec 25, 2004 #7

Gold Member

Commadore 64? I used to have one of those! Oh the memories!
  9. Dec 25, 2004 #8
    don't you miss those days. I remember having a boxing game that took at least 30-40 minutes to load.
  10. Dec 25, 2004 #9
    All I wanted for xmas was some batteries for my discman...I got more than a bargained for. :)
  11. Dec 25, 2004 #10
    Although my laptop was a present last christmas, I just received a wireless router and pcmcia card. So instead of sitting in the cold basement I am in my kitchen ignoring the family.
  12. Dec 25, 2004 #11

Staff: Mentor

I still have mine, the lovely orange type on the screen. :approve:
  13. Dec 26, 2004 #12

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

LOL! I remember playing Jeopardy and Winter and Summer Olympics competitions on a Commodore 64. Those were the days when you could get excited about creating Mr. Bo Jangles, the dancing stick figure, using BASIC! Those were also the days when my computer science class homework could be completed without a computer!
  14. Dec 26, 2004 #13

Gold Member

I do miss my old commadore. I barely remember the thing, and was probably too young to be any good at the games anyway, but still I think fondly of it. I was a little more attatched to my Atari ST, which was the next one I had. Oh man, did that thing have some good games!
  15. Dec 26, 2004 #14
    I had a Commadore 128 and except for the slow loading, the lockups and the inability to use multiple windows, I really did love that thing. Actually several of the programs had functions that I can't find on similar programs in windows, functions that I really miss.

Oh well, I just have to console myself with my new cable internet connection. :smile:
  16. Dec 26, 2004 #15
    I had a Coleco ADAM computer with Daisy-wheel printer.
  17. Dec 26, 2004 #16
    My dad just got wireless in the house so I am here on my nice laptop instead of the crummy home computer, does that count?
  18. Dec 26, 2004 #17
    Let's see, do I hate you?....Yep. Okay yes it counts.
  19. Dec 26, 2004 #18
    I got nunchucks. I want to be just like the guy in the video.
  20. Dec 27, 2004 #19
    and I'm sure you will be
  21. Dec 27, 2004 #20

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I did get Legos, though just a tiny box of 32 legos...it was a present from my nephew. :biggrin: He got everyone some sort of toy or game for Christmas...pretty precocious for an 18 mo old, don't you think? Is it any wonder I spoil him rotten?

Other than that, nothing I asked for. I got a nice green suede jacket with a fur collar. It's a nice jacket, but nothing I needed or would have chosen for myself. I just got a new winter jacket last month that I'm happy with already (it unzips apart so I can also use it as just a fleece or windbreaker in addition to being a very warm winter jacket, and has a ton of pockets inside and out...it's everything I ever dreamed of in a jacket), so now a suede jacket is rather pointless. I have a good, long, wool coat for when I need to dress up (more practical than a jacket if I'm wearing a skirt too, since it keeps my legs warm), so really, I don't know when I'll ever wear a suede jacket. What a waste of money. Who buys someone a jacket without asking anyway?

No new computer, but mine is pretty new already. Just got it in September or October (can't remember now).
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?