I have a crush on my physics professor

In summary, the conversation revolves around a student who has a crush on her physics professor and is seeking advice on how to get over it. Some members of the group question the student's gender, but ultimately it is determined that it does not matter. The student is advised to focus on her education and avoid any potential complications with a student-teacher relationship. The conversation ends with a reminder to stay professional and not engage in inappropriate behavior.
Midas_Touch
[SOLVED] I have a crush on my physics professor

He's sooo fine... his grayish blue eyes... his intense stare... his hot body...mmmmm...so sweet... I can't even think when I am in class! How can I get past his hotness?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I hope your not a guy.

I was thinking the same thing^

LOL... I am not a guy! Plus... I thought that stuff was acceptable now...

cyrusabdollahi said:
I hope your not a guy.
Not that there's anything wrong with that...

What makes everyone think I am a guy!?? Is it because of my nick? If it was something like midas_girl, no one would question my gender...
_

fred, I think we fooled her. That was a close one.

...fine... I give up... y'all were right... anyway, any advice for my problem anyone??

so you are a guy?

if you sleep with him your guaranteed an A.

Having said that...don't. I just finished reading "Disgrace" by J.M. Coetzee for english class, if you've read that you'll know why I think it's a bad idea.

Why does my gender matter anyway?? What do I have to do to prove my real gender??

Midas_Touch said:
Why does my gender matter anyway?? What do I have to do to prove my real gender??

pics...with a sign that says "Midas_touch" held up.

lol, I believe your a girl, and if you weren't, well, then you definitely wouldn't want to "hit on" your physics prof!:biggrin: (you may see a grade decrease instead of increase if that were the case...)

Midas_Touch said:
...fine... I give up... y'all were right... anyway, any advice for my problem anyone??
You're infatuated. Try to get over it. Student-teacher relationships are a bad situation.

On the other hand, about 30 years ago, I saw a professor marry one of his students. Don't know if they are still married.

My advice - focus on your education, establish your independence first before getting into a serious relationship, and become a productive professional.

Gender has nothing to do with this.

rocketboy said:
pics...with a sign that says "Midas_touch" held up.

lol, I believe your a girl, and if you weren't, well, then you definitely wouldn't want to "hit on" your physics prof!:biggrin:
at least you believe me...

Astronuc said:
You're infatuated. Try to get over it. Student-teacher relationships are a bad situation.

On the other hand, about 30 years ago, I saw a professor marry one of his students. Don't know if they are still married.

My advice - focus on your education, establish your independence first before getting into a serious relationship, and become a productive professional.

Gender has nothing to do with this.
I don't want a relationship with him... Yes, it's an infatuation... It's just that I cannot concentrate in class when he's teaching... when he turns around, bends down and writes on the board... I really try to focus on my studies, but sometimes I cannot help it...

Midas_Touch said:
I don't want a relationship with him... It's just that I cannot concentrate in class when he's teaching... when he turns around and writes on the board... I really try to focus on my studies, but sometimes I cannot help it...
Oh, OK. Good.

The "his hot body...mmmmm...so sweet... " threw me. :rofl:

How about one of your peers?

Otherwise cold showers. :rolleyes: :rofl:

Astronuc said:
How about one of your peers?
Do you mean if I find them attractive or do they find him attractive?

There are a bunch of dorky guys in my physics classes... not hot older men...

Did you happen recently to go over the Lorentz equations with him after class?

margaret thatcher naked on a cold day, margaret thatcher naked on a cold day!

zoobyshoe said:
Did you happen recently to go over the Lorentz equations with him after class?
I did go to office hours today. :biggrin:

Midas_Touch said:
:biggrin:
I did go to office hours today. :biggrin:
Well, stay away from those Lorentz equations with him.

zoobyshoe said:
Well, stay away from those Lorentz equations with him.
I guess you would if you were in my shoes...:blushing:

Midas_Touch said:
I guess you would if you were in my shoes...:blushing:
I'm just saying I heard a similar story, and the girl was so exited she started babbling about length dilations instead of length contractions.

Come on, people, grow up. This stuff is not acceptable here.

- Warren

1. Can I act on my crush and ask my physics professor out?

It is not recommended to act on your crush and ask your physics professor out. It can create a power dynamic and potentially jeopardize the professional relationship between you and your professor.

2. Is it normal to have a crush on my physics professor?

It is not uncommon for students to develop crushes on their professors, especially if they are knowledgeable and engaging. However, it is important to maintain boundaries and professionalism in a student-teacher relationship.

3. How do I know if my physics professor has feelings for me too?

It is important to remember that your professor is in a position of authority and it is their responsibility to maintain a professional relationship with their students. It is not appropriate for them to have romantic feelings towards a student.

4. Can I change my class schedule to avoid my physics professor if I have a crush on them?

Changing your class schedule solely because of a crush on your professor is not necessary and may not even be possible. It is important to learn to manage your feelings and maintain a professional relationship with your professor.

5. How can I get over my crush on my physics professor?

It can be difficult to get over a crush, especially if you see them regularly in class. Try to focus on the course material and your academic goals. You can also seek support from friends, family, or a counselor to help process your feelings and move on.