1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I have a crush on my physics professor

1. Feb 15, 2006 #1
    [SOLVED] I have a crush on my physics professor

He's sooo fine... his grayish blue eyes... his intense stare... his hot body...mmmmm...so sweet... I can't even think when I am in class! How can I get past his hotness?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 15, 2006 #2
    I hope your not a guy.

4. Feb 15, 2006 #3

JamesU

Gold Member

I was thinking the same thing^

5. Feb 15, 2006 #4
    LOL... I am not a guy! Plus... I thought that stuff was acceptable now...

6. Feb 15, 2006 #5

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

7. Feb 15, 2006 #6
    What makes everyone think I am a guy!!!?? Is it because of my nick? If it was something like midas_girl, no one would question my gender...
    _

8. Feb 15, 2006 #7
    fred, I think we fooled her. That was a close one.

9. Feb 15, 2006 #8
    ...fine... I give up... y'all were right... anyway, any advice for my problem anyone??

10. Feb 15, 2006 #9
    so you are a guy?

11. Feb 15, 2006 #10
    if you sleep with him your guaranteed an A.

Having said that....don't. I just finished reading "Disgrace" by J.M. Coetzee for english class, if you've read that you'll know why I think it's a bad idea.

12. Feb 15, 2006 #11
    Why does my gender matter anyway?? What do I have to do to prove my real gender??

13. Feb 15, 2006 #12
    pics.....with a sign that says "Midas_touch" held up.

lol, I believe your a girl, and if you weren't, well, then you definately wouldn't want to "hit on" your physics prof!:biggrin: (you may see a grade decrease instead of increase if that were the case...)

14. Feb 15, 2006 #13

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

You're infatuated. Try to get over it. Student-teacher relationships are a bad situation.

On the other hand, about 30 years ago, I saw a professor marry one of his students. Don't know if they are still married.

My advice - focus on your education, establish your independence first before getting into a serious relationship, and become a productive professional.

Gender has nothing to do with this.

15. Feb 15, 2006 #14
    at least you believe me...

16. Feb 15, 2006 #15
    I don't want a relationship with him.... Yes, it's an infatuation... It's just that I cannot concentrate in class when he's teaching... when he turns around, bends down and writes on the board... I really try to focus on my studies, but sometimes I cannot help it...

17. Feb 15, 2006 #16

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Oh, OK. Good.

The "his hot body...mmmmm...so sweet... " threw me. :rofl:

How about one of your peers?

Otherwise cold showers. :rolleyes: :rofl:

18. Feb 15, 2006 #17
    Do you mean if I find them attractive or do they find him attractive?

There are a bunch of dorky guys in my physics classes... not hot older men...

19. Feb 15, 2006 #18
    Did you happen recently to go over the Lorentz equations with him after class?

20. Feb 15, 2006 #19
    margaret thatcher naked on a cold day, margaret thatcher naked on a cold day!

21. Feb 15, 2006 #20
    I did go to office hours today. :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?