1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I have a germanium question

1. Aug 26, 2008 #1
    i have to find 5 facts about germanium-72. Does the 72 atomic mass change it chemically or just the neutron weight. Im not sure what my teacher is looking for by asking for five facts. In the book it says eka silicone...does that mean silicone is made of it.

Any help is greatly appreciated

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 26, 2008 #2

Staff: Mentor

4. Aug 26, 2008 #3
    i put it has a melting point of 945 deg celcious it has a grey metal appearance it is a metalloid it was given the nickname eka silicone by dmitri ivanovich mendeleev and its atomic number is 32 are those correct?
  5. Aug 26, 2008 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

This is clearly a homework question. Note that we do not do students homework for them here at PF: in future, you need to show some effort before we will help you.
  6. Aug 26, 2008 #5
    How was i not putting forth effort? They are listed in my second post and I simply do not know if they are correct. I didn't ask anywhere for anyone to post me 5 facts. Your post is rude and unhelpful.
  7. Aug 29, 2008 #6

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Close enough. Those facts are for naturally-occurring germanium, not just germanium-72. Have you found anything specific to germanium-72?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?