Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I have a house!

1. May 3, 2009 #1

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I finally bought another house. I closed on Monday, which is why you have once again not seen me around all week. No pictures yet. I took some the first day, but they're on my other computer and not yet uploaded to a site where I can share them. Besides, they are the "before" pictures. I'll have "after" pictures soon enough.

I spent this week getting two rooms redone from top to bottom. New paint, pulling up ugly carpet, putting down new laminate floors, installing new shelving in the closets, swapping all the outlets and switches from beige to white...my knees will NOT forgive me. I've also replaced doorknobs...the house had some cheap, ugly doorknobs, so rather than just get them re-keyed, I decided to get new knobs. Actually, I got the kind that have lever handles...what a wonderful thing those are when I have a handful of stuff! Installed shelving in another closet too. The bathroom has a new shower head on an adjustable bar now (the previous owners had the showers sized for giants...I had a hard time reaching the old shower head!). One more room will be painted this week before furniture gets moved in (maybe two rooms if I'm really fast and all goes well), then the decks get scrubbed and stained/treated whenever it stops raining, and I still need to replace the valve in one toilet and stop one bathroom sink from dripping (it just started today :rolleyes:). Also on the "to-do" list is to put in a new kitchen sink and faucet...currently, the kitchen sink is very shallow, and the faucet is probably the cheapest one made, so I will never be able to fit any big pots under that faucet. I found kitchen cabinets that match the ones I have, so another item on the list is to put in a peninsula on the wasted side of the kitchen to increase cabinet and counter space.

Anyway, the important news is I still have all my fingers. :biggrin: I have a few new power tools in my collection and thoroughly enjoyed using them.

2. jcsd
  3. May 3, 2009 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I thought you lived inside a lab.

Congrats i mean :)

4. May 3, 2009 #3
    Sleepover! :biggrin:

I rented Dark Knight on DVD.

5. May 3, 2009 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You might want to wait until after I have a TV there...and furniture. I'm not moving any of that until this coming Friday. Though, there's plenty of room for everyone if they bring their sleeping bags. :biggrin: Even Ember is waiting until Friday to move there...she wants her couch and bed there before she moves.

6. May 3, 2009 #5
    You can't undo sleepover. Once sleepovers been called, its locked in stone.

7. May 3, 2009 #6
    I wanna be invited to the sleepover, too!!

8. May 3, 2009 #7
    Did someone say kinky pillow fight?

9. May 3, 2009 #8
    Ohh, I love pillow fights! :biggrin:

10. May 3, 2009 #9

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Pillow fight..woo-hoo :!!) ! Congrats, Moonie!

11. May 3, 2009 #10
    Can we use the feather filled pillows?? :!!)

12. May 3, 2009 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, okay, if you don't mind sleeping on floors, it's BYOP...bring your own pillow. :biggrin:

13. May 3, 2009 #12
    Woo Whooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PILLOW FIGHT! Get all the hotties to come to your place tonight :biggrin:

14. May 3, 2009 #13

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I have Jiffy Pop for the sleepover!

Congrats, Moonbear!

15. May 3, 2009 #14

turbo

Gold Member

Jiffy Pop!! If you can stock up on Hula Hoops and Chubby Checker records, it's almost guaranteed that a party will break out. Twiss again, twiss again!

16. May 3, 2009 #15

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Sweet, I can bring pizza... nice greasy yummy pizza... mmmmm...

I slept on a solid futon for the past 2 years. Sleeping on the floor is sometims more comfortable. I'll be fine. :P

17. May 4, 2009 #16

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That reminds me. Someone needs to bring Twister.

18. May 4, 2009 #17

Danger

Gold Member

I'm sure it's not the first time that your knees have been worn out (need I mention 'The Clinic'?), but congrats on your new pad.

19. May 4, 2009 #18
    Congrats Moonie!

Knees can always be replaced I hear.

20. May 4, 2009 #19
    Way to go Moonbear. You can have your own garden, with the extended growing season there, even if you plant by mid summer, you will get great veggies!

21. May 4, 2009 #20

*Kia*

Gold Member

Congrats Moonbear =)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook