Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I have a major dilema here

1. Jan 16, 2006 #1
    I have a little bit of heart burn. And I have one tums left. I really want to be a lazy bum and not leave home. I could take the tums now and get rid of the heartburn now, but what if I get really bad heart burn later? I could suffer through the minor pain now and take the tums later if it gets worse. I don't know what to do.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 16, 2006 #2
    do you have any baking soda at home?
  4. Jan 16, 2006 #3
    lol, you're funny.
    baking soda.
    I have soda
    I have an oven
  5. Jan 16, 2006 #4
    well you can use that as a antiacid :)
  6. Jan 16, 2006 #5
    not if you don't have any
  7. Jan 16, 2006 #6
    doesn't lye neutralize acid?
  8. Jan 16, 2006 #7
    oh how about soap? I've got soap
  9. Jan 16, 2006 #8
    try to eat a bar of soap and let us know how it works:approve:

eat a ****load of fruit if you have any.
  10. Jan 16, 2006 #9

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Do you have blackboard-chalks?
  11. Jan 16, 2006 #10

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You can derive a decision rule based on the expected strengh of each attack, and your discount value.
  12. Jan 16, 2006 #11
    Monkeys in southeast Asia have made themselves a nuisance by stealing and swallowing pieces of charcoal, which is the local cooking fuel. It also absorbs stomch acid, which is why, it is speculated, they swallow it. If you're ever caught out in the wilderness with an upset stomach, make a fire and swallow some of the charcoal left over.( Wait till it is cooled, of course. Also: don't try this with commercially made barbecue charcoal, especially the self-starting kind.)
  13. Jan 16, 2006 #12

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This is tribdog you're talking to...you should know you should have put that disclaimer right at the top, in BIG BOLD letters! By the time he gets to the last sentence of your post, he'll have already swallowed at least three bbq briquettes! :surprised

I say take the Tums now. If the heartburn comes back worse, you'll be more motivated to go out and get more. If not, just remember to swing by the nearest store on your way out to pick up your next drive-thru meal. That Mexican place you go to should sell antacids as a side-dish. :rolleyes:
  14. Jan 16, 2006 #13
    wow, I don't know which tastes worst. Red Devil, Dial or Kingsford.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?