Can Edible Paper Be the Next Big Thing?

• Thread starter meee
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Idea
In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of edible paper and different types of edible foods. The first suggestion was edible ink, but the person had a negative experience with it in the past. Then, there were suggestions for edible radishes and Brussels sprouts, but someone pointed out the contradiction in terms. The conversation also touches on the idea of making money out of edible paper. Overall, the conversation highlights the potential of edible paper and the need for better-tasting edible ink.
meee
edible paper. sounds cool?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Been done. Next?

Edible ink?

Urgh, don't. You're bringing back memories of the time I sucked on a pen tube a bit too hard in an RE lesson and filled my mouth with ink. They really should work harder on making that stuff taste less like earwax.

brewnog said:
They really should work harder on making that stuff taste less like earwax.
Yeah, so you could suck it back and like it.:yuck:

Edible radishes, perhaps?

arildno said:
Edible radishes, perhaps?
Hm. Yeah.
Edible Brussels sprouts.

DaveC426913 said:
Hm. Yeah.
Edible Brussels sprouts.
That's a contradiction in terms.

brewnog said:
Urgh, don't. You're bringing back memories of the time I sucked on a pen tube a bit too hard in an RE lesson and filled my mouth with ink. They really should work harder on making that stuff taste less like earwax.

my pen tasted ok when i accidentally sucked the ink

I've eaten paper before and never had any bad reactions.But why?

meee said:
edible paper. sounds cool?

Good idea. Money should be made out of that paper. :biggrin:

1. What exactly is edible paper?

Edible paper is a type of paper that is made from food-grade materials and is safe for consumption. It is typically used as a decorative element in food, but it can also be eaten as a snack.

2. How is edible paper made?

Edible paper is typically made from a combination of starches, water, and food coloring. The ingredients are mixed together to create a smooth, thin batter, which is then spread onto a flat surface and baked until it becomes crisp.

3. Is edible paper safe to eat?

Yes, edible paper is safe to eat as long as it is made from food-grade materials. However, it is important to check the ingredients list to ensure that there are no allergens or other ingredients that may cause adverse reactions.

4. What are some common uses for edible paper?

Edible paper is commonly used as a decorative element in cakes, cookies, and other desserts. It can also be used to create edible art, such as printed images or designs on the paper itself.

5. Can edible paper be flavored?

Yes, edible paper can be flavored with different extracts or flavorings to add a unique taste to your food. Some common flavors include vanilla, chocolate, and fruit flavors. However, it is important to make sure that the flavoring used is safe for consumption.