1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Have A Puzzling Question

1. Mar 16, 2004 #1
    I Have A Puzzling Question!!

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A STREAMLINED DESIGN ENGINE IS AND HOW IT IMPROVES THE FUEL ECONOMY.

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 16, 2004 #2

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I'm assuming you are in the "energy" chapter of your texbook?

"Streamline designed" is referring to the shape of the car (not the engine) which was designed with the use of a wind-tunnel. The result is a reduction of air resistance on the car. This means less of the car's energy is lost to "fricitonal" forces. So therefore more of the car's fuel energy remains as ... (you know)

4. Mar 16, 2004 #3
    Thanks a lot. That helped so much.

5. Mar 16, 2004 #4
    Ahem it might very well be respective of recent design improvements that are following racing technologies inasmuch as the intake manifolds are polished to un-restrict airflow, many design features are to improve (by reduction) the motors weight, reduce the number of components (other then the computerized pieces that have been added) as to make the processes of assembly, design, (itself) and repair, more efficient and accessable....

Streamlined doesn't just refer to airflow principals it is and can be used as a general term for making processes smoother, making operation smoother, that kinda thing...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?