I have a request for the religious here

• Thread starter pmb_phy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Request
In summary, the conversation is about Pete requesting for prayers from his colleagues as he is going back to the hospital due to a staph infection after his back surgery. Many people responded with well-wishes and prayers for his recovery.
pmb_phy
Hi Everyone

I have a request to make. I had back surgery and I have a nasty staph infection. It is not behaving nicely. I have to go back to the hospital tonight (Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston), ER first of course. For those of you who are religious I would like to make a request. Please say a prayer for me in that my infection will die and not me. Thanks everyone.

Pete

Physics news on Phys.org
My boss is recovering from a serious staph infection after surgery, he is doing really well. You'll be fine!

I'm an atheist, but my best thoughts are with you. Recover soon.

The Smurf god bestows his boon upon you.

Best Wishes!

I will say a prayer for you, Pete. Hope you are feeling better.

Will do. Have done. Will continue to do. Let us know how things turn out.

Amen to you pmb_phy! Have faith.:smile:

Sending all good healing Earth spirits your way. Hope you heal quickly.

The Norns (i.e, Urd, Verdandi and Skuld) have decided not to cut your life-thread yet. Hope you get better soon.

Math Is Hard said:
I will say a prayer for you, Pete. Hope you are feeling better.

Me three, Pete! Hang in there! With all these prayers, how can you NOT get better? :smile:

Pete - We will be remembering you in prayer tomorrow in Church in Kingswood, England.

Garth

Said a prayer for you Pete. I'm sure all will go well.

Hi Pete,

I said a short prayer for your recovery. May God bless you!

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone would like to send pmb_phy wishes for a speedy recovery, please feel free to pm him.

What is the purpose of this request?

The purpose of this request is to gather information and data from individuals who identify as religious in order to better understand their beliefs and practices. This information will be used for research and analysis purposes.

Who can participate in this request?

Anyone who identifies as religious is welcome to participate in this request. This includes individuals of all ages, genders, and religious affiliations.

What kind of information will be collected?

The information collected will vary depending on the specific request, but it may include demographic information, beliefs and practices, religious experiences, and opinions on current issues related to religion.

How will my information be used?

Your information will be used for research purposes only and will be kept confidential. It will not be shared with any third parties without your consent. The results of the research may be published in academic journals or used for educational purposes.

Is my participation in this request voluntary?

Yes, your participation in this request is completely voluntary. You are not obligated to participate and can withdraw at any time. Your decision to participate or not will not have any impact on your relationship with the scientific community or your religious community.