I have adobe acrobat installed

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, Adobe Acrobat is a software program that allows users to view, create, manipulate, print, and manage PDF (Portable Document Format) files. It offers a variety of features such as editing, converting, and merging documents, as well as adding annotations, comments, and digital signatures. Adobe Acrobat is widely used in businesses, schools, and organizations for its versatility and user-friendly interface. It also offers a subscription-based service, Adobe Acrobat DC, for more advanced features and collaboration tools. Overall, Adobe Acrobat is a powerful tool for managing and working with PDF files.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
hi.

i have adobe acrobat instaled but there are a lot of thing
i can not view, is there any free software i can download
that can allow me to accsess theese files?

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
what type of files can't you open?

the only files i can open are PDF nothing else will, i always
get a message "your computer is not able to open this file"
or words to the same effect.
thanks for any help.

If some of these files that you're referring to are in Postscript format (i.e. have a .ps extension) then, yes Acrobat will not read them.

But, if you are referring to .ps files then you can use GSView along with Ghostscript to view these files.

They programs can be found here:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/

Ghostscript translates the postscript file and allows you to view them using the DOS commandline. However, this can be tedious in Windows (assuming you're using windows). GSView is a GUI that runs on top of Ghostscript allowing you to view/print just like any other windows app.

If you're not referring to .ps files then the above free programs are still good to have in your arsenal of application tools.

Cheers.

many thanks REDROGUE.

1. What is Adobe Acrobat?

Adobe Acrobat is a software program used for creating, editing, and viewing PDF files.

2. How do I install Adobe Acrobat?

You can download and install Adobe Acrobat from the official Adobe website or through a licensed software distributor.

3. Is it necessary to have Adobe Acrobat installed?

No, it is not necessary to have Adobe Acrobat installed unless you frequently work with PDF files or need to edit them. Most computers have built-in PDF viewers.

4. Can I open and view PDF files without Adobe Acrobat?

Yes, most web browsers and operating systems have built-in PDF viewers. You can also use alternative PDF viewing software.

5. Is Adobe Acrobat free to use?

No, Adobe Acrobat is a paid software program. However, there are free versions available, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader, which allows you to view PDF files without editing capabilities.