Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I have this assignment from writing class

1. Oct 7, 2005 #1
    I have this assignment from writing class that needs me to interview successful college students.

Help I dont have time to do interview... can you guys give me some answers?!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!

1 WHEN DO YOU EXPECT TO GRADUATE AND WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR?

2 WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITION OF A SUCCESSFUL COLLEGE STUDENT?

3 HOW DO YOU STUDY?

4 WHAT KIND OF CHANGES YOU MADE DURING COLLEGE?

5 WHAT IS YOUR GOAL?

6 HOW IS YOUR SOCIAL LIFE?

7 DO YOU PARTICIPATE IN EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES? IF SO, DESCRIBE.

8 WHAT ADVICES DO YOU HAVE FOR ME?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 7, 2005 #2
    Are you serious? :grumpy::eek:

4. Oct 7, 2005 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Even though this is homework, I'm going to move this over to General Discussion. You're more likely to find people willing to take the time to provide answers for this type of question over there.

Note to GD participants: please stay on topic in this one since it was originally posted in Homework Help! If you're not a college student, please refrain from answering.

5. Oct 7, 2005 #4
    1 WHEN DO YOU EXPECT TO GRADUATE AND WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR?

Spring (~May) 2007, or Spring (~May) 2008. Secondary Math Education.

2 WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITION OF A SUCCESSFUL COLLEGE STUDENT?

College is about finding what you want to do for the rest of your life, and if you can do that while in college, then you are successful.

3 HOW DO YOU STUDY?

Depends on the class. I usually read the book, and think about the problems the book asks.

4 WHAT KIND OF CHANGES YOU MADE DURING COLLEGE?

I changed my sleeping habits, such that I now get 7-8hrs of sleep every night. It has helped quite a bit.

5 WHAT IS YOUR GOAL?

Teach Math at the High School level

6 HOW IS YOUR SOCIAL LIFE?

Life?

7 DO YOU PARTICIPATE IN EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES? IF SO, DESCRIBE.

No.

8 WHAT ADVICES DO YOU HAVE FOR ME?

Sleep!

6. Oct 7, 2005 #5
    1. In late 2007, major is Computer Engineering.

2. One that can handle life and make world changing innovations in it.

3. Whenever I need info to do an assignment, I see the Internet, then, rarely, a book. I also study a couple hours before an exam. Other than that, I don't attend classes and I don't study. :biggrin:

4. I learned to socialize.

5. 10-20 year goal: Go to Mars. Life goal: Make world peace, start with Pakistan.

6. Less than five close friends at the university, the rest on the net, mostly on IRC.

7. Yeah I take part in coding competitions, general knowledge competitions, and I've just become Event Manager for the IEEE student chapter.

8. Take no tension over exams, take college life easy. Chill as much as you can. You may not get the chance again. Know enough to pass courses. You don't need to do a Masters if you come up with something innovative.

7. Oct 7, 2005 #6
    THanx for the answers THANK YOU ALOT
    just one more person answer then I am done... THANKS ALOT!!!

8. Oct 7, 2005 #7
    does it have to be undergraduate students?

9. Oct 8, 2005 #8
    1. May 2007. Mechanical Engineering
    2. One who can do research, get a 3.5+ GPA, have a social life, and sleep 8 hours a day
    3. Read the book
    4. Study less, skip useless classes, start worrying about money
    5. Graduate in 2007 with a 4.0, go to a good grad school, get a masters and maybe a PHD in the least amount of time possible, and find a girl
    6. I get along with pretty much everyone but I don't have time to go out
    7. Undergrad research
    8. Actually think about your decisions, even minor ones (ie. doing problem #4 instead of copying it), because a lot of the time the right thing to do is counter-intuitive.

10. Oct 8, 2005 #9

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Well for #1....

oh wait, successful college students...

11. Oct 10, 2005 #10
    Thanx alot people!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?