What's a Naturopathic Doctor?

• Thread starter Dr. Mark Sexton
  • Start date
In summary, "I jumped the Gun" is a phrase that means to act prematurely or without all the necessary information. It originated in the early 20th century in the United States, possibly from track and field. Examples of "jumping the Gun" include proposing marriage without getting to know someone well enough and making a business decision without proper research. While it can sometimes lead to positive outcomes, in most cases, it can have negative consequences and should be avoided. To avoid "jumping the Gun," one should practice patience and gather all the necessary information before making a decision or taking action. Seeking advice from others can also help avoid acting prematurely.
Dr. Mark Sexton
. This is Dr, Mark Sexton N.D. phD. I am a new member and got so excited I failed to read the proper protocol.
So, this is post my pre-question. I hope I am forgiven and someone can help me with my question.
Thanks,
Dr. Mark

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks Greg. I am actually a Naturopathic Doctor. I am still trying to figure out how to navigate in "threadland!"

Dr. Mark Sexton said:
Thanks Greg. I am actually a Naturopathic Doctor. I am still trying to figure out how to navigate in "threadland!"

What's a Naturopathic Doctor? Welcome to the PF.

Likes berkeman

What does "I jumped the Gun" mean?

"I jumped the Gun" is a common phrase that means to act prematurely or before the appropriate time. It can also refer to making a decision or taking action without having all the necessary information or without considering the consequences.

Where did the phrase "I jumped the Gun" originate from?

The origin of the phrase "I jumped the Gun" is unclear, but it is believed to have originated in the early 20th century in the United States. It may have originated from the sport of track and field, where starting a race before the starter's gun is fired is considered a false start.

What are some examples of "jumping the Gun"?

Examples of "jumping the Gun" include proposing marriage before getting to know someone well enough, making a business decision without proper research, or announcing a new product before it is fully developed. It can also refer to starting a task before all the necessary resources or information are available.

Is "jumping the Gun" always a bad thing?

Not necessarily. In some cases, taking action before the appropriate time can lead to positive outcomes. For example, in a competitive market, being the first to launch a new product can give a company an advantage. However, in most cases, "jumping the Gun" can lead to negative consequences and should be avoided.

How can one avoid "jumping the Gun"?

To avoid "jumping the Gun," one should practice patience and gather all the necessary information before making a decision or taking action. It is also essential to consider the potential consequences of acting prematurely and to seek advice from others before making a significant decision.