I just Balanced an Egg

• Thread starter mbrmbrg
  • Start date

hehe

The real trick is balancing the egg on its end on your nose while standing on one leg, it's a skill people spend lifetimes trying to aquire!

Just for the record, I balanced two eggs last night. AND I didn't take so long about it that I didn't have time to clean a room, do the dishes, and put up a batch of bread. Ha!

I'd like to thank the Forum for standing with me through this rough patch :biggrin:

DaveC426913
Gold Member

Just for the record, I balanced two eggs last night. AND I didn't take so long about it that I didn't have time to clean a room, do the dishes, and put up a batch of bread. Ha!

Well done!

With more practice, you should be able to take enough time to balance an egg that you don't have time to clean a room, do the dishes and put up a batch of bread. :wink:

This camera is a bit odd in some ways. This piece of fossil rock was sitting firmly on top of my home-made woodbox, but it doesn't look that way here.

floatingfossil_comt.jpg
I haz levitating rocks!

Looks like the shadow from your head is creating the shadow below the rock that looks like the shadow of the rock itself, making it appear as if the rock is floating.

This camera is a bit odd in some ways. This piece of fossil rock was sitting firmly on top of my home-made woodbox, but it doesn't look that way here.

floatingfossil_comt.jpg
I haz levitating rocks!

5ma2xt.jpg

Also, I just balanced an egg on my desk. I held it pointy side down for a while and put it over a candle for a few seconds, then flipped it and did the same to the not-so-pointy side. Then I simply balanced it and it was easy.

turbo
Gold Member

Aliens!!

turbo
Gold Member

5ma2xt.jpg

Also, I just balanced an egg on my desk. I held it pointy side down for a while and put it over a candle for a few seconds, then flipped it and did the same to the not-so-pointy side. Then I simply balanced it and it was easy.
Aliens! They gave me levitating rocks, but I'm not supposed to tell. They leave footprints that glow in the dark, and I keep telling them "Hey Mr Spaceman, won't you please take me along? I won't do anything wrong. Hey Mr. Spaceman, won't you please take me along for a ride?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Balancing a single egg is easy. Let's see you balance an egg on top of another egg.

Balancing a single egg is easy. Let's see you balance an egg on top of another egg.

I can do better. I can balance an egg on top of four eggs, which are themselves, balanced on an egg carton.

DaveC426913
Gold Member

I can do better. I can balance an egg on top of four eggs, which are themselves, balanced on an egg carton.

Hrm. I take umbrage with your definition of "balance". :tongue:

Evo
Mentor

I wonder how many people are now obsessed with balancing eggs due to this thread?

turbo
Gold Member

I wonder how many people are now obsessed with balancing eggs due to this thread?
That would be a fun statistic! How many people stumbled across this silly thread and just HAD to see if they could do it...

That would be a fun statistic! How many people stumbled across this silly thread and just HAD to see if they could do it...

And that, my friends, is how pop science is born!

thats pretty impressive, considering there must be organic deformties inside the egg itself!

turbo
Gold Member

Hrm. I take umbrage with your definition of "balance". :tongue:
Quit stealing all the umbrage!!!! Leave some for others.

Well, this probably doesn't apply but if infant to balance an egg I just sprinkle some salt on the table and then balance it on that. If your husband Is the kind of guy that would pull that off then ask him about it.