Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I just dont get men

1. May 26, 2004 #1
    I had the most irritating conversation with this pig in the library. We were talking bout why women nowadays prefer being single. He said that women are getting uglier and thats why men arent dating them... its not that they want to be independent but that they are now not attractive enough to get anybody. He even had the audacity to say that the whole gender equality thing is just away for women to get free hand outs.!!! Please tell me he is the only one out there who thinks like this.. If u lookm at most of the big coporations in SA, most of people in top management positions are men. Wot is he talking about...??? :mad:
    Ladies why do some of u prefer being single. I'd like to know the real reason. I think women are single coz they are not prepared to put up with the rubbish our mothers had generations ago. am I right??

2. jcsd
  3. May 26, 2004 #2

jimmy p

Gold Member

And he dared to say that women are getting uglier in front of you?? Man that guy needs his eyes testing. Are you single mooberrymarz, if so what are your reasons?

4. May 26, 2004 #3
    yeah well the thing with the younger guy never worked out.. he was so clingy. I'll be honest.. i'm single coz i cant find anyone !! Plain and simple. My uni is absolutely devois of potentials... most of the guyz who i would date arent single.. they have girlfriends who could take me out. I have other reasons too.. but they dont make sense and I wouldnt want everyone thinking that I'm a freak. : ) :uhh:

5. May 26, 2004 #4
    You should've told him he's a retard

6. May 26, 2004 #5

jimmy p

Gold Member

LOL. Now you told us you have reasons, you have to tell us what they are. Dont worry, everyone in PF has their eccentricities.... if that is even a word.

7. May 26, 2004 #6
    Ok... But I cant explain them. Sometimes i like really nice guyz, but once they start showing interest I immediately get turned off the whole thing. And I hate it when my guy friends ask me out, it just puts me under so much pressure to be nice to them... the problem is that half the time I'm worried about giving them the wrong imprseeion. Wot else, i have major hygene issues, if ure not clean and ure hair looks dirty I feel sick... I think I've got issues.

8. May 26, 2004 #7
    What is it about guys that you would like to change?

9. May 26, 2004 #8

jimmy p

Gold Member

WHOOP WHOOP, call the looney police!! There's a CrAzEeEeEe in the house!! :tongue2:

Nah, that isnt that odd. That thing about personal hygiene is quite important and isnt weird at all. I wouldnt want to go out with someone who had personal hygiene problems. But at the moment, beggars cant be choosers :frown: :grumpy:

10. May 26, 2004 #9
    good question. I dont think I'd change anything bout them in general, maybe the ones i've met so far. Maybe I've got to change, I've tried it several times, try to overlook some stuff but it never works. : (

11. May 26, 2004 #10
    dont worrie about it, i dont get me either

12. May 26, 2004 #11
    A lot of men feel the same about women. That pig you spoke with in the library seems very confused to me.

13. May 26, 2004 #12

jimmy p

Gold Member

Maybe he got his butt and his face head mixed up cos he was talking crap.

14. May 26, 2004 #13
    Jimmy P ure are pretty hot for a Brit, I dont understand why u call ureself a "beggar"... women in the Uk must be pretty messed up if u r single. U know wot if u were here women would be lining up to date u... we love the brittish accent!!

15. May 26, 2004 #14

jimmy p

Gold Member

Pretty hot for a Brit?? is that an insult or a compliment lol. Sadly yes I am single and have been for 5 months now. I dont have anyone lining up to date me either. The last girl to be interested in me was 3 months ago but she had a boyfriend.

16. May 26, 2004 #15
    lol. no I was just kidding around. its very much a compliment! : ) She hd a boyfriend eh? I liked this guy but he didnt have a girlfriend... he had a cow of a mother.. who hated me coz i wasnt white. it wasnt like i was planning on marrying her precious son... gosh, she was just evil.

17. May 26, 2004 #16
    god i hate over protective mothers, or fathers, it's like WTF get a life and stop worrying about your cildrens lives, and single life is cool, but their is only so much singleness a person can take

18. May 26, 2004 #17

Njorl

Science Advisor

C'mon, there's 6 billion people in the world. Three billion are men. About 300 million of them are probably in the age range you want. Have you been through even half of them yet? You proabably haven't even dated 10 million of them! When you've rejected 100 million men, then you got something to complain about.

Njorl

19. May 26, 2004 #18

jimmy p

Gold Member

Lol, so optomistic Njorl. Maybe there are 3 billion girls in the world that dont want me. Yeah over protective parents are jerks. Mine dont really give a crap, as long as I dont remain single for the rest of my life... they want grandchildren. Sentimental fools.

20. May 26, 2004 #19
    same with mine, what if i dont want to get maried so i can get all the material stuff i want haha, 3 billion girls would probably reject me aswell

21. May 26, 2004 #20

Evo

Staff: Mentor

That doesn't even make sense. Equality for women means that they don't get any special treatment, they have to work for everything themselves, not be dependent on a man for financial support.

Women are able to get higher paying jobs now and support themselves. They no longer feel the need to stay in a bad relationship.

I prefer being single as opposed to being with someone that isn't right for me. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't love for the right man to come along, I just doubt there's anyone out there that can tolerate me. :frown:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?