Why Do Some Ladies Prefer Being Single?

• Thread starter mooberrymarz
  • Start date
In summary, this pig in the library said that women are getting uglier and that's why men arent dating them. He also said that the whole gender equality thing is just away for women to get free hand outs.
mooberrymarz
I had the most irritating conversation with this pig in the library. We were talking bout why women nowadays prefer being single. He said that women are getting uglier and that's why men arent dating them... its not that they want to be independent but that they are now not attractive enough to get anybody. He even had the audacity to say that the whole gender equality thing is just away for women to get free hand outs.! Please tell me he is the only one out there who thinks like this.. If u lookm at most of the big coporations in SA, most of people in top management positions are men. Wot is he talking about...? :mad:
Ladies why do some of u prefer being single. I'd like to know the real reason. I think women are single coz they are not prepared to put up with the rubbish our mothers had generations ago. am I right??

Physics news on Phys.org
And he dared to say that women are getting uglier in front of you?? Man that guy needs his eyes testing. Are you single mooberrymarz, if so what are your reasons?

yeah well the thing with the younger guy never worked out.. he was so clingy. I'll be honest.. I'm single coz i can't find anyone ! Plain and simple. My uni is absolutely devois of potentials... most of the guyz who i would date arent single.. they have girlfriends who could take me out. I have other reasons too.. but they don't make sense and I wouldn't want everyone thinking that I'm a freak. : ) :uhh:

You should've told him he's a retard

LOL. Now you told us you have reasons, you have to tell us what they are. Dont worry, everyone in PF has their eccentricities... if that is even a word.

Ok... But I can't explain them. Sometimes i like really nice guyz, but once they start showing interest I immediately get turned off the whole thing. And I hate it when my guy friends ask me out, it just puts me under so much pressure to be nice to them... the problem is that half the time I'm worried about giving them the wrong imprseeion. Wot else, i have major hygene issues, if ure not clean and ure hair looks dirty I feel sick... I think I've got issues.

What is it about guys that you would like to change?

WHOOP WHOOP, call the looney police! There's a CrAzEeEeEe in the house! :tongue2:

Nah, that isn't that odd. That thing about personal hygiene is quite important and isn't weird at all. I wouldn't want to go out with someone who had personal hygiene problems. But at the moment, beggars can't be choosers :frown: :grumpy:

good question. I don't think I'd change anything bout them in general, maybe the ones I've met so far. Maybe I've got to change, I've tried it several times, try to overlook some stuff but it never works. : (

dont worrie about it, i don't get me either

mooberrymarz said:
i just don't get men
A lot of men feel the same about women. That pig you spoke with in the library seems very confused to me.

Maybe he got his butt and his face head mixed up cos he was talking crap.

Jimmy P ure are pretty hot for a Brit, I don't understand why u call ureself a "beggar"... women in the Uk must be pretty messed up if u r single. U know wot if u were here women would be lining up to date u... we love the brittish accent!

Pretty hot for a Brit?? is that an insult or a compliment lol. Sadly yes I am single and have been for 5 months now. I don't have anyone lining up to date me either. The last girl to be interested in me was 3 months ago but she had a boyfriend.

lol. no I was just kidding around. its very much a compliment! : ) She hd a boyfriend eh? I liked this guy but he didnt have a girlfriend... he had a cow of a mother.. who hated me coz i wasnt white. it wasnt like i was planning on marrying her precious son... gosh, she was just evil.

god i hate over protective mothers, or fathers, it's like WTF get a life and stop worrying about your cildrens lives, and single life is cool, but their is only so much singleness a person can take

C'mon, there's 6 billion people in the world. Three billion are men. About 300 million of them are probably in the age range you want. Have you been through even half of them yet? You proabably haven't even dated 10 million of them! When you've rejected 100 million men, then you got something to complain about.

Njorl

Lol, so optomistic Njorl. Maybe there are 3 billion girls in the world that don't want me. Yeah over protective parents are jerks. Mine don't really give a crap, as long as I don't remain single for the rest of my life... they want grandchildren. Sentimental fools.

jimmy p said:
Lol, so optomistic Njorl. Maybe there are 3 billion girls in the world that don't want me. Yeah over protective parents are jerks. Mine don't really give a crap, as long as I don't remain single for the rest of my life... they want grandchildren. Sentimental fools.
same with mine, what if i don't want to get maried so i can get all the material stuff i want haha, 3 billion girls would probably reject me aswell

mooberrymarz said:
He even had the audacity to say that the whole gender equality thing is just away for women to get free hand outs.!
That doesn't even make sense. Equality for women means that they don't get any special treatment, they have to work for everything themselves, not be dependent on a man for financial support.

Women are able to get higher paying jobs now and support themselves. They no longer feel the need to stay in a bad relationship.

I prefer being single as opposed to being with someone that isn't right for me. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't love for the right man to come along, I just doubt there's anyone out there that can tolerate me. :frown:

Evo said:
That doesn't even make sense. Equality for women means that they don't get any special treatment, they have to work for everything themselves, not be dependent on a man for financial support.

Women are able to get higher paying jobs now and support themselves. They no longer feel the need to stay in a bad relationship.

I prefer being single as opposed to being with someone that isn't right for me. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't love for the right man to come along, I just doubt there's anyone out there that can tolerate me. :frown:
i'm all for women equality as long as its equal, feminist groups are pushing it too far, for example, to join the army reserves and regulars, here in Canada, a guys has to be able to make 18 push ups, now that not a lot, but women only have to make 9 push ups with the pivot point being there knees, and if they can't hold their own in the army chances are they are a hazard to themselves and their unit because a unit is only as strong as the weakest member, i would give a real life example but it might offend some

my 2 cents

Have to agree with you on the feminism thing (the modern movement, the original one in early twentieth-century was fine) and their continual man-bashing :yuck:. Its even parodied on The Simpsons during a show "Afternoon Yak" where the female host says "Men" and the female audience replies with a resounding "Boo!".

As for the guy in the library, id recommend staying away from him. Anyone with that kind of attitude toward any specific group should be avoided. I know of a few with this type of personality and they don't make good company.

Still single tho, tried many things. Tried being myself (didnt work), tried being different (didnt work), and now I am reverting back to being myself (hasnt worked yet, but if it does... :biggrin:).

Hey Evo.. I don't know u really that well, but from ure posts u see to be very strong and independent. that's very cool, women who have laready figured out who they are, are so hard to find. If i was a lesbian, u would be the first woman on this forum that i would date. : )

An motai i know how u feel. I think its better being ureself coz it takes an awful amount of energy being something ure not.

Last edited:
:biggrin: I like men. They run faster, jump higher, can carry, lug, shove and push really heavy stuff. They tell the best jokes and are handy with mechanical gadgets. They are built differently and they are fun to be with. They are ready to go to extraordinary lengths for their love ones while expecting very very little in return. I like men :tongue2:

Men are different from us, that's why they are called "men" instead of "women". It is such a waste, and certainly in my opinion too immature a decision, to decide to give up on them now, just because we don't know the buttons to push. Almost like throwing away a perfectly fine digital camera just because we don't know how to operate it.

Acceptance and trust are huge to men. They can improve themselves alright, as soon as they sense that we genuinely accept them as they are. Any why shouldn't we? women are pretty funny if you think about it. Why should we be so egoistical to expect others to feel what we feel and think what we think? Men have their rights too you know :devil: .

With regard to your scruffy friend, try this. Next time when you spot the slightest improvement at all in his attire, breath, hygiene or whatever, praise him, and you will see tremendous and sustained improvement in that area. In short, ignore undesired behaviour, compliment desired behaviour :biggrin: .

1. Why do some ladies prefer being single?

There can be a variety of reasons why some ladies prefer being single. Some may enjoy the independence and freedom that comes with being single, while others may have had negative experiences in past relationships and prefer to focus on themselves. Some ladies may also have personal goals or career aspirations that they want to prioritize without the commitment of a relationship.

2. Is it normal for a woman to prefer being single?

Yes, it is completely normal for a woman to prefer being single. Just like how some people prefer vanilla ice cream over chocolate, everyone has their own preferences when it comes to relationships. Being single should not be seen as a negative thing, as it can be a fulfilling and empowering choice for some women.

3. Are there any benefits to being single as a woman?

Absolutely! Being single can have many benefits for women. It allows for more time and energy to focus on personal growth, hobbies, and friendships. It also eliminates the potential stress and complications that can come with relationships. Additionally, being single can give women the opportunity to discover and understand themselves better.

4. What are the myths surrounding women who prefer being single?

One common myth is that women who prefer being single are lonely or incapable of finding a partner. This is not true as many women who choose to be single have fulfilling lives and strong support systems. Another myth is that single women are unhappy, when in reality, they can be just as happy and fulfilled as those in relationships.

5. Are there any downsides to being single as a woman?

There can be some downsides to being single, just like there can be downsides to being in a relationship. Some women may feel societal pressure to be in a relationship, leading to feelings of loneliness or inadequacy. Additionally, being single can mean missing out on the perks and support that come with a healthy and supportive partnership. However, these downsides do not apply to all single women and can vary greatly based on individual experiences.