Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I just love you guys.

1. Sep 16, 2006 #1
    I love this website and all of its users, in a completely platonic and non-online-stalker sort of way.

Thank you all for giving me a place to escape the idiotic atmosphere of my high school.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 16, 2006 #2

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

ah, I can see you are new to General Discussion. :rofl:

welcome, Crystal. How's the ramp coming along?

4. Sep 16, 2006 #3
    It is going ok. I have been getting quite a bit of constructive help from someone on the board.

I am still working on figuring out what exactly to insert into the equation. I am planning on sitting down with it seriously tomorrow.

I am such a physics NOOB!!!

5. Sep 17, 2006 #4

turbo

Gold Member

No problem! Thanks to packet-sniffing software, your last few posts have made it possible for MIH to determine your location to within a few hundred yards. You might want to start sleeping under your bed (with suitably-placed dummies) or perhaps doing lots of sleep-overs at frriends' houses until she loses interest. I am not kidding.

6. Sep 17, 2006 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

We'll have to make sure you get introduced to Artman. He'll love you back in a totally platonic way that would in no way offend his wife. :rofl: (It's a joke from an old thread that your comment reminded me of.)

Glad to have you here! Did Evo already direct you to the welcome tent where you can pick up your fish?

7. Sep 17, 2006 #6

turbo

Gold Member

All out of fish. Only cereal!

8. Sep 17, 2006 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh dear! All that love and all she gets is cereal? :frown: Where's Pengwuino?! Tell him to stop sneaking in at night and eating all the fish! :grumpy:

9. Sep 17, 2006 #8

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Welcome!

Have lots of fun here. We look forward to new GD members. :smile:

10. Sep 17, 2006 #9

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Uh oh. WHICH idiotic high school atmosphere?

11. Sep 17, 2006 #10

turbo

Gold Member

Just ask MIH. She's on her way as we speak, to tortu... er, administer the initiation rites.

12. Sep 17, 2006 #11

Evo

Staff: Mentor

All right, who got into the fish??? :grumpy: That's not cereal turbo, it's freeze dried jellyfish flakes, turns out they weren't quite as popular as we had anticipated. :frown:

MiH, when you get there, give her a good fish whacking. (I wonder if we need to put that in the guidelines, we seem to lose more new members that way)

Welcome to PF Crystal Faye !!!111

13. Sep 17, 2006 #12

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Just out of the blue:
    Is OP a boy or a girl?

14. Sep 17, 2006 #13

Evo

I guess one should never assume anything, but I'd say female based on the name.

I'm adding a frozen whale meat pizza to our food selection just for you arildno. :smile:

15. Sep 17, 2006 #14
    the user shows feelings, its defenetly a woman...

16. Sep 17, 2006 #15
    the user shows feelings, its defenetly a woman...

btw, save me some of the whai'sl fat, im out of candles...

17. Sep 17, 2006 #16

Lisa!

Gold Member

Welcome to PF!:smile:

Hope it wouldn't be only a crush...

:rofl: :rofl:

18. Sep 17, 2006 #17

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think we need to add Fish or Cereal checkboxes in the registration agreement with a special clause that you agree to be either smacked upside the head with a salmon or pelted with cereal at the welcoming ceremony. No, wait. Make it a radio button. Don't want 'em choosing both. Greedy newbs.

Anyhoo, I have searched all over the welcome tent and didn't turn up any fish. But I did find an octopus in the fridge at the Tiki Bar (I guess they are still doing Calimari Tuesdays.) That'll do. Brace yourself, Crystal!:devil:

Now will one of you clever people please provide me with a word that will elicit the sound effect of someone getting smacked with a 7 lb. octopus...?

19. Sep 17, 2006 #18

Evo

Good find on the octopus! Eight arms covered with suction cups whipping out should make a great sound.. Certainly we have a manly enough member to create the appropraite sound.

20. Sep 17, 2006 #19

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

KTHWACK​
    thupupupupup

Is that an appropriately manly sound effect Evo? :uhh:

21. Sep 17, 2006 #20

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Turned ME on at least, Moonbear!:smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?