1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I just made the US physics team

1. Apr 15, 2005 #1
    haha, I know this may be irrelevent to many of your lives, but it's very exciting, and I just wanted to let it out somewhere.

I just made the US physics team ( national high school cut of 24).

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

haha, so, thanks to everyone here who's had the patience to answer some of my questions, it's been very helpful. I love you guys

There's a training camp in a monht, so i'll be able to get a GREAT view of physics life. :biggrin:

thanks again,

-David

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 15, 2005 #2

Danger

Gold Member

Congratulations! I wish that I could share in the credit, but I never helped you. That's probably why you made it.

4. Apr 15, 2005 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

daveed, that's wonderful!!!!! Congratulations!!! That is indeed quite an accomplishment!! :approve:

5. Apr 15, 2005 #4

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Maybe you should get yourself one the Physicsforums Tee shirts to wear at your Physics camp! :smile:

6. Apr 15, 2005 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:biggrin: Great idea! Though, I'm hoping some of our expert PhotoShoppers around here will come up with some snazzy new design logos for the t-shirts. They're all a little...white. I know if I got one of them, Danger would be chasing me with the garden hose. :rofl:

Ahem...back to the topic (can't derail the important ones):
    Congrats Daveed!!!! That is truly wonderful news. I'm happy to be a part of the community that helped you (even if I wasn't in any way directly involved in any of that help :rolleyes:). Have a great time at training camp! :smile:

7. Apr 15, 2005 #6

Danger

Gold Member

I wouldn't trust you to stay within hose range. I've got a SuperSoaker just for you—large calibre, double-barrelled. :biggrin:

8. Apr 15, 2005 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Double-barrelled? I didn't know they made them that way! :eek:

9. Apr 15, 2005 #8

Danger

Gold Member

You've forgotten already about me designing weapons? That includes modifying existing ones. :wink:

10. Apr 16, 2005 #9
    oh gosh, i loved my super soaker. but my kid brother's inherited that one =/

11. Apr 16, 2005 #10
    What do you do in US physics team?

12. Apr 16, 2005 #11

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

I have this vision of guys wearing sweatbands and glasses sweating and pushing buttons on calculators with a coach screaming at them...I thought it was kinda funny anyways

Congrats! Doing anything on a national level is quite an accomplishment.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?