Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I just made the US physics team

1. Apr 15, 2005 #1
    haha, I know this may be irrelevent to many of your lives, but it's very exciting, and I just wanted to let it out somewhere.

I just made the US physics team ( national high school cut of 24).

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

haha, so, thanks to everyone here who's had the patience to answer some of my questions, it's been very helpful. I love you guys

There's a training camp in a monht, so i'll be able to get a GREAT view of physics life. :biggrin:

thanks again,

-David

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 15, 2005 #2

Danger

Gold Member

Congratulations! I wish that I could share in the credit, but I never helped you. That's probably why you made it.

4. Apr 15, 2005 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

daveed, that's wonderful!!!!! Congratulations!!! That is indeed quite an accomplishment!! :approve:

5. Apr 15, 2005 #4

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Maybe you should get yourself one the Physicsforums Tee shirts to wear at your Physics camp! :smile:

6. Apr 15, 2005 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:biggrin: Great idea! Though, I'm hoping some of our expert PhotoShoppers around here will come up with some snazzy new design logos for the t-shirts. They're all a little...white. I know if I got one of them, Danger would be chasing me with the garden hose. :rofl:

Ahem...back to the topic (can't derail the important ones):
    Congrats Daveed!!!! That is truly wonderful news. I'm happy to be a part of the community that helped you (even if I wasn't in any way directly involved in any of that help :rolleyes:). Have a great time at training camp! :smile:

7. Apr 15, 2005 #6

Danger

Gold Member

I wouldn't trust you to stay within hose range. I've got a SuperSoaker just for you—large calibre, double-barrelled. :biggrin:

8. Apr 15, 2005 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Double-barrelled? I didn't know they made them that way! :eek:

9. Apr 15, 2005 #8

Danger

Gold Member

You've forgotten already about me designing weapons? That includes modifying existing ones. :wink:

10. Apr 16, 2005 #9
    oh gosh, i loved my super soaker. but my kid brother's inherited that one =/

11. Apr 16, 2005 #10
    What do you do in US physics team?

12. Apr 16, 2005 #11

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

I have this vision of guys wearing sweatbands and glasses sweating and pushing buttons on calculators with a coach screaming at them...I thought it was kinda funny anyways

Congrats! Doing anything on a national level is quite an accomplishment.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?