Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I just moved to Los Angeles

1. Oct 9, 2003 #1
    I just moved to Los Angeles!!

hi people.

i just moved to downtown los angeles and honestly i am kind of paranoid, excited, scared and happy...

anybody else here?

i live in a loft in the industrial district and i hardly see any humans around here.
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 9, 2003 #2
    heya fellow Socaler:smile: I live down in OC, but I frequent LA because I have some friends there. Did you relo from another state, or another country?
  4. Oct 10, 2003 #3
    Im origionally from Riverside!

It may only be about 60 miles away from downtown LA... but it feels like 6,000.

So different. So lonely. So... er.... yeah.

5. Oct 11, 2003 #4
    awwws- I'm sure you'll meet people- it's LA. You can't live in LA and NOT meet people.
  6. Oct 11, 2003 #5

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Why did you move there Entropia? I've been downtown LA and it didn't look too inviting to me.. :S
  7. Oct 11, 2003 #6
    nahh-It's not that dangerous depending on what area you're in. And it sure beats a 2 hour drive from riverside- and that's without heavy traffic.
  8. Oct 12, 2003 #7
    grad school.

it depends on where in downtown LA :) parts of it are gorgeous... parts of it are... erm.. not.
  9. Oct 12, 2003 #8
    Ahhh, grad school...I had been wondering what ever happened there...we haven't talked in so long.
  10. Oct 13, 2003 #9

Gold Member

For a fun evening, get yourself down to the the IMAX theater for a good movie! Then go have some dinner at Guido's (awesome Italian) in Malibu. Their calamari and Ceasar salads were the BEST! (Didn't it used to be in Brentwood? - anyone?) (And what was the name of the place on PCH in Santa Monica or Malibu that served those GREAT buckets of clams? YUM!!!!)
  11. Oct 13, 2003 #10

I have heard of that place in malibu, but I can't think of the name. However there are some awesome japanese restuarants in the westwood district. Oh and across from 97.1 in korea town there's this fantastic korean place. Yummy=) But you have to be exotic- I had octopus soup:wink:
  12. Oct 13, 2003 #11

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You call octopus soup exotic? What? It was still alive?

I call fish intestine soup or chicken feet/ pork feet/ cow stomach/ intestine/ pork belly, among other things I shall not name, exotic..

I once saw a show on television, in US, where teams of people have to compete against eachother in a foreign country and whoever reaches the end destination first, wins.

The were in Korea and had to finish a plate of octopus... preparation? Take an octopus (alive ofcourse), take a sharp butcher knife, cut the octopus in bite size pieces, serve with a dipping souce and bon appetite!

Although cut up into tiny pieces, it was still very much alive. The tentacles were crawling off the plate and the suction cups were still working, attaching themselves to the teeth and gums of the eaters..

13. Oct 13, 2003 #12
    bahhh-you haven't lived until you've had balut:wink: I like exotic but not moving, thanks!
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?