Am I the only one who starts threads with 'I'?

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary: Close. "You're so vain, you think this song is about you."lol, thanks for straightening that out for me.
tribdog
I think this could mean something. Most of my new threads start with "I" but hardly anyone else starts a thread with I. Am I the most concieted person ever, or just here?

Here's my hypothosis: I start my threads with I because you all are boring and I don't really care about your lives.

lol, I hope that's not true cause that would make me such a jerk.
new thread: I crack myself up sometimes.

Physics news on Phys.org
LOL! OMG! My sides are splitting with that whole magnet thing! :rofl: And the soda can! :rofl: It hurts to laugh this hard! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The zooby-tribdog, lim-fest was priceless. How did I miss that ? :confused:

<jogging memory>

Okay, that was before I discovered Gen. Disco.

Maybe someone should compile a "The Very Best of Gen Disco" for us newbs.

Gokul43201 said:
The zooby-tribdog, lim-fest was priceless. How did I miss that ? :confused:

<jogging memory>

Okay, that was before I discovered Gen. Disco.

Maybe someone should compile a "The Very Best of Gen Disco" for us newbs.
I think I may do that. Some of those threads are just too good to let disappear.

tribdog said:
Here's my hypothosis: I start my threads with I because you all are boring and I don't really care about your lives.
I generally prefer to keep my private life... private.

tribdog said:
I think this could mean something. Most of my new threads start with "I" but hardly anyone else starts a thread with I. Am I the most concieted person ever, or just here?

lol, I hope that's not true cause that would make me such a jerk.
new thread: I crack myself up sometimes.

Yes you are. You are so conceited that even this post is all about you.

jimmy p said:
Yes you are. You are so conceited that even this post is all about you.
Wasn't that a Carly Simon song?

tribdog said:
Wasn't that a Carly Simon song?

Close. "You're so vain, you think this song is about you."

lol, thanks for straightening that out for me. I can finally quit humming the tune and go vocal

1. What should I do if I just noticed something in my experiment?

If you have noticed something in your experiment, it is important to carefully document what you have observed and note any potential impacts on your results. You may also need to adjust your procedures or conduct further investigations to understand the significance of your findings.

2. Is it normal to notice unexpected results in my experiment?

Yes, it is common to encounter unexpected results in scientific experiments. This is why careful planning and documentation are crucial in order to accurately interpret and analyze your data. These unexpected results can also lead to new discoveries and further research.

3. Should I report my findings even if they are not what I expected?

Yes, it is important to report all of your findings, even if they are not what you initially expected. This will contribute to the scientific community's overall understanding and can also help other scientists avoid making the same mistakes or encountering similar issues in their own research.

4. How can I determine if what I noticed is a significant result?

Determining the significance of your findings requires careful analysis and statistical testing. It is important to consult with your colleagues or a statistician to accurately interpret your data and determine the significance of your results.

5. What should I do if what I noticed contradicts previous research?

If your findings contradict previous research, it is important to carefully review your methods and data to ensure accuracy. You may also need to conduct further experiments or seek input from other scientists to determine the cause of the discrepancy and if it warrants a revision of existing theories or research.