Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I just realised

1. May 12, 2005 #1
    Today was my last proper day at high school.

I'm gone. Left. For ever.

I never realised how hard it was, i'm never going to see most of my old friends ever again, I'm going to miss their ways. The teachers too!

I never thought that i'd miss school this much, I did primary school but this is worse. I thought i'd be all "WAO YES AWESOME" But i'm so down about it. I feel like I just lost a part of my life. High school made me the man that I am, and now I must make myself... Where do I start?

And it just went so fast! Unbelievably fast. It felt like last week I was looking in the mirror at my blazer thinking "wao! i'm in high school" Now I look in the mirror into my own eyes and think "What..just...happened? Where did it go to?"

Only out half a day and i'm thinking I blew so much! I could have achieved such great feats, but instead I wasted it by playing in class, truenting some days, some WEEKS! But now that I am wise - I reflect and feel a lump in my throat. I have the potential to get real smart, but now I can't use it. And if I can, I have no great grades to prove it.

I feel so empty.

Sorry for ranting people, but I need to get it out of my system.

If life is this fast and gets faster. I dunno. What's going to happen tomorrow?

Thanks for listening people! Thank you. :cry:

2. jcsd
  3. May 12, 2005 #2
    It's not that bad.....you probably didn't want to hear that, but...

Just think, now you'll be out in the real world, ready to make a difference and achieve even greater feats than you could've in high school!

Just wait, and things will happen..............

4. May 12, 2005 #3
    It's that waiting infinitetime. It's that waiting, where I ask myself, when do I stop waiting?

I thought I had it all sussed, and I do to some points. But there's a big question mark right there.

5. May 12, 2005 #4
    yeah, now that i think about it (i wasn't thinking before - hardly ever lately :uhh: ) the "waiting" concept is very hard to accept and grasp.

Stop waiting and start doing, I say!! Get involved, do something exciting this summer, something - out there :surprised .

I don't know, your time will come, I'm sure....... :smile:

6. May 12, 2005 #5

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Funny you mention that.

I just realised that I had my last ever university lecture today. Assuming I don't fail and have to repeat the year, of course....

7. May 12, 2005 #6
    Off topic, but what does "sussed" mean?

8. May 12, 2005 #7

Yeah i kinda felt like you when i left school.I kinda f***ed up in school too.
    But life changes and i hope it 'll go well for you

9. May 12, 2005 #8
    And if you think that time passed too quickly, hah, you ain't seen nothin yet!

10. May 12, 2005 #9
    today was my last day of classes of my first semester at uni. Its weird, cause its like, wow, where'd time go, but then at the same time... i have highschool graduation next month. Its weird. i already said my goodbyes, and i've even already moved on... but i'm only just now going to graduate. i don't miss highschool at all. and i'm very glad i left. but it'll be cool to say goodbye to everyone.... again...

11. May 12, 2005 #10

Danger

Gold Member

That's quite an assumption for someone who spends all of his time firing coins off of light bulbs and swilling suds. :tongue:

12. May 12, 2005 #11

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I suppose it means a cross between 'understood' and 'sorted out'. If you've got something sussed, it's under control, or you know what's going on.

Guessing Paul is from the north of England too then...

Hey, you encourage me with at least, urm, both of those!

13. May 12, 2005 #12

Danger

Gold Member

Everyone has a purpose, even if it's just to be a bad influence.

14. May 12, 2005 #13

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

When's your birthday? You need a red suit and a new trident.

15. May 12, 2005 #14

Danger

Gold Member

Two months ago. I guess it'll have to wait for groundhog day. (I'm an atheist, so no Xmas presents please.)

16. May 12, 2005 #15

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What the hell is groundhog day? From the sound of it, I imagine it to be a bit like mothers' day, but with mothers-in-law instead.

17. May 12, 2005 #16
    Hey Paul, first of all congrats on finishing high school. It's a big thing (as you're realizing now.) It's pretty natural to feel a little down and maybe a little scared when your life changes like that. That's the thing; you've completed one chapter of your life. The good news is that there are more chapters to be written. :approve: Start working on them now. Find some fun things to do, spend time with friends, maybe get yourself prepared for college if you're going or a career if you're not. Above all else remember that you can't change the past, but the future is wide open before you.

18. May 12, 2005 #17

That's pretty funny actually. :tongue2: I guess Groundhog Day is just an American thing. Basically, it's a day in early February when a ground hog pops out of hit 'hole' in a small town in Pennsylvania. If he sees his shadow (a sunny day) it means we can expect six more weeks of Winter. If he doesn't, we can expect an early Spring.

19. May 12, 2005 #18

Danger

Gold Member

It's North American. The Canuk chuck is named 'Wiarton Willie'. The idea is actually based upon the European 'Candlemas'.

20. May 12, 2005 #19
    Wow -- I'm in the exact same situation.

I gradute in about a week.. and all the excitement, fancies of college, pangs of high school have become meaningless. I feel like ****. Everyone has been awesome; I seriously can't say I hate or even dislike somebody in my class. (Our class has about 200 students, so we've gotten to know each other quite well.)

I just cannot believe I won't be around these guys anymore, guys I've been with since the third grade. I cannot believe we won't ever be together anymore.

21. May 12, 2005 #20
    Groundhog day is February second. In punxatawny Pennsylvania there is a groundhog and if he comes out ofhis hole and sees his shadow there will be six more weeks of winter. If he doesn't see his shadow then Spring is soon. The tradition has European and Christian roots. http://www.groundhog.org/history/tradition.shtml

Oddly enough Christmas doesn't have Christian origins. December 25th was originally a day of celebration in pagan religions before Christianity adopted it. http://www.historychannel.com/exhibits/holidays/christmas/real.html

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?