My Last Day at High School: Reflections and Realizations

• Thread starter Paul Wilson
  • Start date
In summary, today was my last day of high school. I'm going to miss all of my old friends and teachers. I feel empty and lost without it. I'm excited to start university and see what new adventures await me.
Paul Wilson
Today was my last proper day at high school.

I'm gone. Left. For ever.

I never realized how hard it was, I'm never going to see most of my old friends ever again, I'm going to miss their ways. The teachers too!

I never thought that i'd miss school this much, I did primary school but this is worse. I thought i'd be all "WAO YES AWESOME" But I'm so down about it. I feel like I just lost a part of my life. High school made me the man that I am, and now I must make myself... Where do I start?

And it just went so fast! Unbelievably fast. It felt like last week I was looking in the mirror at my blazer thinking "wao! I'm in high school" Now I look in the mirror into my own eyes and think "What..just...happened? Where did it go to?"

Only out half a day and I'm thinking I blew so much! I could have achieved such great feats, but instead I wasted it by playing in class, truenting some days, some WEEKS! But now that I am wise - I reflect and feel a lump in my throat. I have the potential to get real smart, but now I can't use it. And if I can, I have no great grades to prove it.

I feel so empty.

Sorry for ranting people, but I need to get it out of my system.

If life is this fast and gets faster. I dunno. What's going to happen tomorrow?

Thanks for listening people! Thank you. :cry:

Physics news on Phys.org
It's not that bad...you probably didn't want to hear that, but...

Just think, now you'll be out in the real world, ready to make a difference and achieve even greater feats than you could've in high school!

Just wait, and things will happen.....

It's that waiting infinitetime. It's that waiting, where I ask myself, when do I stop waiting?

I thought I had it all sussed, and I do to some points. But there's a big question mark right there.

Paul Wilson said:
It's that waiting infinitetime. It's that waiting, where I ask myself, when do I stop waiting?

I thought I had it all sussed, and I do to some points. But there's a big question mark right there.

yeah, now that i think about it (i wasn't thinking before - hardly ever lately :uhh: ) the "waiting" concept is very hard to accept and grasp.

Stop waiting and start doing, I say! Get involved, do something exciting this summer, something - out there .

I don't know, your time will come, I'm sure... :smile:

Funny you mention that.

I just realized that I had my last ever university lecture today. Assuming I don't fail and have to repeat the year, of course...

Paul Wilson said:
I thought I had it all sussed...
Off topic, but what does "sussed" mean?

Paul Wilson said:
Today was my last proper day at high school.

I never realized how hard it was, I'm never going to see most of my old friends ever again, I'm going to miss their ways. The teachers too!

If life is this fast and gets faster. I dunno. What's going to happen tomorrow?

Thanks for listening people! Thank you. :cry:

Yeah i kinda felt like you when i left school.I kinda f***ed up in school too.
But life changes and i hope it 'll go well for you

And if you think that time passed too quickly, hah, you ain't seen nothin yet!

today was my last day of classes of my first semester at uni. Its weird, cause its like, wow, where'd time go, but then at the same time... i have high school graduation next month. Its weird. i already said my goodbyes, and I've even already moved on... but I'm only just now going to graduate. i don't miss high school at all. and I'm very glad i left. but it'll be cool to say goodbye to everyone... again...

brewnog said:
Assuming I don't fail and have to repeat the year, of course...
That's quite an assumption for someone who spends all of his time firing coins off of light bulbs and swilling suds. :tongue:

zoobyshoe said:
Off topic, but what does "sussed" mean?

I suppose it means a cross between 'understood' and 'sorted out'. If you've got something sussed, it's under control, or you know what's going on.

Guessing Paul is from the north of England too then...

Danger said:
That's quite an assumption for someone who spends all of his time firing coins off of light bulbs and swilling suds. :tongue:

Hey, you encourage me with at least, urm, both of those!

brewnog said:
Hey, you encourage me with at least, urm, both of those!
Everyone has a purpose, even if it's just to be a bad influence.

Danger said:
Everyone has a purpose, even if it's just to be a bad influence.

When's your birthday? You need a red suit and a new trident.

brewnog said:
When's your birthday? You need a red suit and a new trident.
Two months ago. I guess it'll have to wait for groundhog day. (I'm an atheist, so no Xmas presents please.)

Danger said:
Two months ago. I guess it'll have to wait for groundhog day. (I'm an atheist, so no Xmas presents please.)

What the hell is groundhog day? From the sound of it, I imagine it to be a bit like mothers' day, but with mothers-in-law instead.

Hey Paul, first of all congrats on finishing high school. It's a big thing (as you're realizing now.) It's pretty natural to feel a little down and maybe a little scared when your life changes like that. That's the thing; you've completed one chapter of your life. The good news is that there are more chapters to be written. :approve: Start working on them now. Find some fun things to do, spend time with friends, maybe get yourself prepared for college if you're going or a career if you're not. Above all else remember that you can't change the past, but the future is wide open before you.

brewnog said:
What the hell is groundhog day? From the sound of it, I imagine it to be a bit like mothers' day, but with mothers-in-law instead.

That's pretty funny actually. :tongue2: I guess Groundhog Day is just an American thing. Basically, it's a day in early February when a ground hog pops out of hit 'hole' in a small town in Pennsylvania. If he sees his shadow (a sunny day) it means we can expect six more weeks of Winter. If he doesn't, we can expect an early Spring.

Grogs said:
I guess Groundhog Day is just an American thing. Basically, it's a day in early February when a ground hog pops out of hit 'hole' in a small town in Pennsylvania. If he sees his shadow (a sunny day) it means we can expect six more weeks of Winter.
It's North American. The Canuk chuck is named 'Wiarton Willie'. The idea is actually based upon the European 'Candlemas'.

Wow -- I'm in the exact same situation.

I gradute in about a week.. and all the excitement, fancies of college, pangs of high school have become meaningless. I feel like ****. Everyone has been awesome; I seriously can't say I hate or even dislike somebody in my class. (Our class has about 200 students, so we've gotten to know each other quite well.)

I just cannot believe I won't be around these guys anymore, guys I've been with since the third grade. I cannot believe we won't ever be together anymore.

Groundhog day is February second. In punxatawny Pennsylvania there is a groundhog and if he comes out ofhis hole and sees his shadow there will be six more weeks of winter. If he doesn't see his shadow then Spring is soon. The tradition has European and Christian roots. http://www.groundhog.org/history/tradition.shtml

Oddly enough Christmas doesn't have Christian origins. December 25th was originally a day of celebration in pagan religions before Christianity adopted it. http://www.historychannel.com/exhibits/holidays/christmas/real.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah today was my last official day in high school as well. Though tomorrow we have to go to the awards and then an entire week of graduation practice (!). An entire week! Crazy. One or two days is more than enough.

Really, I don't care anymore. I've been looking forward to moving onto a collegeic environment for such a long time, as I have maxed out the academics at my school.

Mainly I am just filled with ambivalent apathy towards the entire graduation process. I still have a lot of years of schooling, and tons of exciting stuff to learn in the future.

Thanks for all these replys guys. Much appreceated.

I hope to get some A-levels in, maybe uni too, and then somehow train to be an Airline Pilot.

It's my goal, and i'll make it work.

Thanks for the boost guys.
EDIT: And gals. :p

1. What inspired you to write about your last day at high school?

I was reflecting on my own high school experience and realized that my last day was a significant moment in my life. I wanted to document my thoughts and feelings about it, and share my reflections with others who may have had similar experiences.

2. What were some of the most memorable moments from your last day at high school?

There were many memorable moments, but some that stand out include saying goodbye to friends and teachers, receiving my diploma, and reflecting on the past four years and all the memories and lessons learned.

3. Did you have any realizations or epiphanies during your last day at high school?

Yes, I had several realizations about the importance of cherishing the present moment and the relationships I had formed in high school. I also realized the impact that my teachers and classmates had on shaping who I am today.

4. How did your last day at high school affect your future plans and goals?

My last day at high school made me reflect on my future plans and goals, and solidified my decision to pursue higher education. It also made me appreciate the opportunities and experiences that high school provided me with, and motivated me to continue learning and growing in the future.

5. Do you have any advice for students who are about to have their last day at high school?

My advice would be to savor the moment and take the time to reflect on your high school journey and the people who have influenced you. Also, don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and try new things, as high school is a time for growth and self-discovery. Lastly, cherish the friendships you have made and stay in touch with those who have had a positive impact on your life.