I, Robot Movie Review: 8/10 - Better than The Day After Tomorrow

• Thread starter Miles
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Robot
In summary, the conversation revolves around a movie that one person enjoyed and gave an 8 out of 10 rating, but the other person did not like due to it not being faithful to the book it was based on. The conversation also touches on the pricing of movies and the violence in the movie, as well as the preference for a movie about a different type of robot character. One person also mentions their love for the movie AI and how it made them cry.
Miles
... It was pretty good, worth the five dollars I spent to watch it. The movie isn't any story I ever read of Asmiov though. Its a good story about robots when subject to extreme situation like most of the story in the book I, Robot. Overall I would give it a 8 out of 10. Which is more then I can say for The Day After Tomarrow. :devil:

Physics news on Phys.org
Was the movie violent or anything?

The movie isn't any story I ever read of Asmiov though.

That's what I seriously despise about movies that are based on books. I think they should stick to the book.

That movie wasn't based on a book.

The title wasn't even the title until quite a bit into the project. They just stole the title and changed the name of one of the characters.

I'm boycotting.

Movies are only $5 up in Chico?

If you go to the movies befor 6pm then there only $5 after 6pm I think it's $7. The movie is kind of violent but most of it is robot vs robots or humans vs robots. There is one seen were a robot broke someones neck that surprised me but it went by kind of fast.

Both I, Robot and Spiderman are showing in Hong Kong. I am equally tempted with regard to both of them, although I am skeptical that any movie in that genre can beat AI.

AI is my all-time favourite and it is so tragically underrated.

AI is my all-time favourite and it is so tragically underrated.

Argh! That movie was horrible. Who cares about some little robot boy oblivious to the world. Robots aren't suppost to be nice. They're suppost to be mean, hostile, cold-hearted SOBs. Thats why we need a movie based on the coolest robot of all time: Bender. The whole movie would only be about 30 minutes and would consist of Bender drinking, smoking, stealing, screaming at women and children, and then trying to annihilate the human race (he doesn't succeed, he just scares all the humans half to death). Some people might think that just sounds like an episode of Futurama, but what do they know.

AI is both sad and meaningful. I have never cried so much over a movie. My friend and I practically cried a small brook while watching it and we walked out of the cinema with eyes and noses all swollen and red. I was sobbing ten minutes after it. It was a movie about love, the need to love and be loved, it is also about the fear and sadness of losing the people you love. It is a masterpiece.

:grumpy: Hey Entropy, nothing you say will persuade me otherwise :grumpy:

1. Is "I, Robot" better than "The Day After Tomorrow"?

It depends on personal preference, but many viewers consider "I, Robot" to be a better film due to its thought-provoking themes and complex plot.

2. Is "I, Robot" a faithful adaptation of the book by Isaac Asimov?

No, the film takes liberties with the source material and only loosely follows the plot of Asimov's book. However, it does incorporate some of the book's key themes and ideas.

3. What makes "I, Robot" a good science fiction movie?

"I, Robot" explores the relationship between humans and artificial intelligence, raising thought-provoking questions about the ethics and consequences of creating advanced machines. It also has impressive special effects and an engaging storyline.

4. Are the robots in "I, Robot" realistic?

While the robots in the film may seem advanced, they are based on real-life robotics research and current technology, making them believable and realistic within the context of the movie.

5. Does "I, Robot" have any flaws?

As with any film, "I, Robot" has some flaws, such as plot holes and inconsistencies. However, these do not detract significantly from the overall quality of the movie and can be overlooked by most viewers.