Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I know evrything!

1. Jul 28, 2005 #1

Lisa!

Gold Member

I don't know why everyone(men, women, children) thinks I know everything! :rofl: For sure it happens to all of you that sometimes people ask you about a address or thigs like that. And for sure it's not strange. But the problem is that I even can't study or concentrate for some minutse whenever I'm in public.

I'm sitting somewhere and I'm studying a book or newspaper very carefully and there are lots of other people around me who're sitting alone and doing nothing! Sudenly someone comes to me and says "Excuse me. could you tell me..."! :cry: :cry: :cry: Or I'm sitting or walking with some of my friends but someone straightly comes to me and ask a question. And even I say I have no information about that, they still continue talking... :confused:
    Once I went to a class to talk to my friend and for sure I didn't take that course. You know the term had started for 1 or 2 monthes and I've never attended that class. Suddenly one of the students came to me and start asking a question about what the professor'd taught last section! I said I hadn't taken this course yet but she was continuing... :confused:

Somehow it's funny! All my friend always razzing me about that! :rofl:

Any idea about why it happens?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 28, 2005 #2
    Perhaps you have a very amiable demeanor.

4. Jul 28, 2005 #3

Lisa!

Gold Member

What about when I'm angry or tired?

5. Jul 28, 2005 #4
    Perhaps you surround yourself with people who are always angrier or more tired than you? I don't know. Maybe you should purposely act stupid to confuse them.

6. Jul 28, 2005 #5

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Give them all the wrong answers

7. Jul 28, 2005 #6
    You must be wearing glasses.

BJ

8. Jul 28, 2005 #7

Lisa!

Gold Member

It won't help anyway! :rofl: You know most of time I just say I don't know!But they still continue............. :cry: and most of time another person(1 of my friend for example) interrupt us and answer! :rofl:

9. Jul 28, 2005 #8
    Do you wear glasses, Lisa?

10. Jul 28, 2005 #9

Lisa!

Gold Member

Just when I'm working with computer. You know I don't wear glasses in public! And you know I have this problem from my childhood. But I'm wearing glasses since I was 18! Anyway the reason couldn't be that at all. Most of people around me wear glasses while I don't!

11. Jul 28, 2005 #10

Clausius2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I've got it!! I've got it. Listen carefully:

No male student come to a girl for asking nothing if she is not a pretty and a beautiful girl. It is impossible a man losing his time talking voluntarily with an ugly girl, unless she is a great friend of him which is not the case you related.

From the last statement we can infer you are a beautiful girl, despites you can need to wear glasses, and despites we have not seen you in a photo because you are maybe too shy.

Right? Of course, I am right. I don't need a confirmation.

Not at all.

12. Jul 28, 2005 #11

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Lisa could have a truly exotic nose shape. Zoo-viewing is also a possibility, Clausius2..

13. Jul 28, 2005 #12

Lisa!

Gold Member

What about women, Clausius? why do they want to talk to me?

:rofl: :rofl: Not at all. Because they don't laugh when they're talikng to me. And they always have serious question. Would you talk to a clown when you have a serious problem?

14. Jul 28, 2005 #13

Clausius2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't know anyone who comes to an animal to ask it a question, Arildno. You are a man of rare costumes. We do know you talk with your coffee machine in mornings, but talking with a girl which has an animal nose shape is too heavy :rofl: .

Have I mentioned I desire to kill a driving examiner.?

15. Jul 28, 2005 #14

Clausius2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Have you checked they are not lesbians? (3 points in one basket!! :rofl: :biggrin: )

16. Jul 28, 2005 #15
    I would have thought exactly the same Clausius... This may be the most rationnal explanation. :wink:

17. Jul 28, 2005 #16

Lisa!

Gold Member

:bugeye: :bugeye: No, they're not! What about children or old people?

You ca't believe it. Sometimes their questins are ironic! I was walking in street with 1 of my friends. A very nice woman came to me and asked "Where can I find a good makeup store?" :bugeye: . There were lots of girls around who'd worn makeup while I didn't. If she didn't look so nice, I'd think she was razzing me!

18. Jul 28, 2005 #17

Clausius2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Old people has lack of sex, so it is comprehensible. There are lots of children who begin to flirt with women in an early age.

Therefore--> you don't use making up. Therefore--->you don't need it. Therefore---> you are too beautiful that you don't need it. Therefore---> you are too beautiful every people in the street want to interact with you. Therefore---> all students want to ask you or to be near you.

On the other hand, there is another remote possibility. I know many ugly girls who are very charming and kind, it's a typical class of woman. Then everybody looks for them to solve problems, questions and so on. But just when choosing a girl to date, they suddenly forget her.

In which group are you? :tongue: :wink:

19. Jul 28, 2005 #18

Lisa!

Gold Member

I don't wear makeup because I can't stand an extra layer on my face! :grumpy: :grumpy:

People who aske me questions, usually don't know me. I'm not ugly for sure because at least sometimes I miss myself! :blushing: But I don't think I'm so beautiful that evryone wants to interact with me!
    1 of my friends told me you walk like philosophers! :rofl:For sure she'd never met a philosopher because I think they walk too slowly but I always walk too fast !And anyway you know nobody asks a philosopher about makeup stores or stuff like that.Maybe I look too friendly, but on the other hand I don't think I look friendly because most of people thinks I'm too prideful when they meet me for the first time!

20. Jul 28, 2005 #19

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Lisa!, when will you post your picture in the member photo gallery.

Perhaps you appear both attractive and intelligent (knowledgeable), hence people feel you to be very approachable. :smile:

Whenever I travel, many times strangers ask me for information. I don't know why, but for some reason strangers feel comfortable talking to me.

Actually I reflect upon a situation at the main train station in Luxembourg, when I was 20 years old. An incredibly beautiful young woman walked out of the main entrance and came directly to me (I was sitting on a bench outside). She then proceeded to ask me something (presumably for directions or some information) in French. I was momentarily speechless, but I responded in what little French I knew, that I did not speak French. Nuts!!! :frown:

The same thing happend in Paris one time, just outside the Lovre on a bridge over the Seine. A beautiful young lady approached me, and asked in French, which way to the Atlantic Ocean. On older colleague translated for her. I pointed the way, and my colleague explained. Again, I was foiled by my inability to speak French. Nuts again!!! :frown:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2005
  21. Jul 28, 2005 #20

wolram

Gold Member

I think it was a dream :wink: when you wake up no one will be pestering you
    unless you want them to :devil: :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?