I know evrything!

• Thread starter Lisa!
  • Start date
Lisa! said:
I don't know why everyone(men, women, children) thinks I know everything! :rofl: For sure it happens to all of you that sometimes people ask you about a address or thigs like that. And for sure it's not strange. But the problem is that I even can't study or concentrate for some minutse whenever I'm in public.

I'm sitting somewhere and I'm studying a book or newspaper very carefully and there are lots of other people around me who're sitting alone and doing nothing! Sudenly someone comes to me and says "Excuse me. could you tell me..."! :cry: :cry: :cry: Or I'm sitting or walking with some of my friends but someone straightly comes to me and ask a question. And even I say I have no information about that, they still continue talking... :confused:
Once I went to a class to talk to my friend and for sure I didn't take that course. You know the term had started for 1 or 2 monthes and I've never attended that class. Suddenly one of the students came to me and start asking a question about what the professor'd taught last section! I said I hadn't taken this course yet but she was continuing... :confused:

Somehow it's funny! All my friend always razzing me about that! :rofl:

Any idea about why it happens?

May be ya are paying the price of being beautiful(it appears the way ya have explained!)
By the way i think look on the face also matters,the way ya express yourself,i suppose more than beautiful ya must be looking approachable,wise and helpful!!

Lisa!
Gold Member
Smasherman said:
I'd say that you probably look like you'd know the answers. People who look like they know what they're doing gain followers, just as people who look like they have answers gain questioners.
That's more probable. Although some problem's remained.

People at school ask me things that have nothing to do with any classes I take at school, but it might just be a reputation for having answers
So you have the same problem. :smile:

arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Lisa! said:
Not at all. Because they don't laugh when they're talikng to me. And they always have serious question. Would you talk to a clown when you have a serious problem?
Hmm, there goes that theory down the drain.. :frown:
But:
Perhaps you look unintimidating rather than that you inspire trust?

I'm not sure if to look unintimidating should be regarded as a compliment..

Lisa!
Gold Member
arildno said:
Hmm, there goes that theory down the drain.. :frown:
But:
Perhaps you look unintimidating rather than that you inspire trust?

I'm not sure if to look unintimidating should be regarded as a compliment..

What about you? Do you look intimidating? :tongue2:

arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Oh, I just have a perfectly ordinary gorilla shape.

Lisa!
Gold Member
arildno said:
Oh, I just have a perfectly ordinary gorilla shape.
:uhh: :uhh: :uhh:

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Lisa!, perhaps you just smile a lot and look approachable rather than scowling and frowning. Or maybe you just have good posture or walk with a quick step; something that simple can give you the appearance of confidence that makes people think you'll know the answers. It could also just be that you tend to be in the center of rooms where people can approach you. If you sit at the desk in the middle of the library, someone might stop by and say hi as they pass, but if you sit at the desk in the corner, it will appear that you wish to be secluded and people will be less likely to disturb you. It's amazing how people trust the answers of others based entirely on appearances rather than accuracy of the responses.