Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I know, I know, I am back

1. Mar 25, 2014 #1
    We all know why I am here so how about a discussion about threads being prematurely closed.

I get that I push things but the discipline of Science is my guide. For those of you who question my 'motive' here it is: I am dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge through the scientific method .

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 25, 2014 #2

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

1) You started a thread with a question that can easily be googled. If you bothered for 10 seconds to look it up for yourself, then you would have received the answer. See also https://www.physicsforums.com/blog.php?b=3588 [Broken]

2) I posted a wikipedia link which contains all the information. You clearly did not bother to read it, but started questioning it anyway.

3) Your question was whether we had anything better than Archimedes and after a few posts in becomes clear that you already knew about Ramanujan's identities. So why bother to ask the question if you already knew the answer?

4) Instead of reading the wiki link I provided, you started an off-topic discussion about the use of PF and so forth.

These 4 reasons contributed to the lock.

With respect to the lock of this thread, it has mainly one reason: the question has been answered.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook