Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I know it could be worse, but

1. Jul 18, 2008 #1

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

OMG, what a week. Started Sunday with a flat tire (already posted in another thread). But then...

Broke expensive glassware. Split fingernail. Forgot about a meeting. Left work one day without sending out an important e-mail, couldn't do it from home; had to return to work (through terrible traffic) to do it. Dog vomitted. Argument with horrible neighbor. Lost some paperwork. Broke a band saw. Forgot to bring my lunch.

And the topper: a surprise subpoena for some of my labwork!

Woohoo, do I know how to have fun, or what?!?

OK, rant's done.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 18, 2008 #2

wolram

Gold Member

That sounds like a normal day for me, though i do not go round breaking band saws, and i do not have a dog to vomit.

4. Jul 18, 2008 #3
    have some ice cream and be glad its over

5. Jul 18, 2008 #4

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:wink:...wine's better, after this week...

6. Jul 18, 2008 #5
    and liquor is quicker

7. Jul 18, 2008 #6

Tsu

Gold Member

Even BETTER!!11...

[​IMG]
    For you, my friend. I'd love to join you. :biggrin:

8. Jul 18, 2008 #7
    Try some vodka :smile:

[​IMG]

Edit:
    I guess I have beaten everyone!

"“DIVA Premium Vodka” is triple distilled vodka produced by the Blackwood Distillers of Scotland. The drink is unique because it is filtered through a sand of crushed diamonds and gemstones. And also, in the middle of each of the bottle we can find precious stones, including diamonds. The price per bottle is between GBP 2,000 (equivalent to $3,700) and GBP 540,000 (equivalent to $1 million), depending on the choice of precious stones used in the bottle, which is probably the most expensive vodka in the world."

9. Jul 18, 2008 #8
    Light up a fatty.

10. Jul 18, 2008 #9

Mk

11. Jul 18, 2008 #10
    It's actually some pretty good ice cream. Extremely overpriced, but not bad at all.

12. Jul 18, 2008 #11
    something new to me (I need to get out more often, I guess, and try not to get a flat tire)

what is that?

13. Jul 18, 2008 #12

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl:

You all are so sweet!

14. Jul 18, 2008 #13
    Wow, that's pretty bad. Yeah, go buy yourself something you like to cheer yourself up. Always works for me.

15. Jul 18, 2008 #14
    so, what did you decide?---a Sangria ice cream float?

16. Jul 18, 2008 #15

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

...and hold the ice cream...!

17. Jul 18, 2008 #16
    Bleh. Yep, I'd drown that week in some alcohol, wipe the slate clean, and begin again fresh.

18. Jul 19, 2008 #17

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:eek: What have you been doing in you lab? Hammering nails into babies?

19. Jul 19, 2008 #18
    She stole uranium!

20. Jul 19, 2008 #19

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Just what are you making in the lab :uhh:, and how did you break a band saw? Did you break the bandsaw in the lab?

This was horrible week for me; perhaps one of the worst in the ten years that I've been in business: Two consecutive nights with almost no sleep and still got my butt kicked, but I think everything is going to work out. I did get yelled at a lot by the customer. I was plagued with parts problems, late shipments, shipping errors, design changes, and last minute glitches that I had never seen during testing of a new circuit design. The suppliers were out of stock on design critical parts like precision resistors, precision zener diodes, and other components that can't be compromised, which forced revision after revision. The entire ordeal just kept dragging on until I thought my head would explode, but that is the joy of self-employment. :biggrin:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  21. Jul 19, 2008 #20
    Not much better here. My Lear jet is in for repairs and I locked my keys in my Lamborghini so I had to take a cab to get to my yacht. Brad and Angie had a good laugh at my expense. I was so miffed that I threw my Rolex against the wall. You got any of that sangria left? I want the ice cream in please.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?