Discover the Moon's Beauty - Google Moon

In summary, Google Moon is a web application that allows users to explore the surface of the Moon using high-resolution images and interactive maps provided by NASA. It can be accessed through the Google Maps website or directly through the Google Moon website. Some of its features include the ability to view the Moon's surface in different layers and zoom in for a closer look, as well as the option to learn more about points of interest and take a guided tour. It is available on both desktop and mobile devices and is based on reliable data from NASA. However, the images may not be in real-time and may not reflect recent changes on the Moon.
Knavish
Zoom into see what the moon's really like:

http://moon.google.com/

Physics news on Phys.org
ahahaha.. bastards! I was hoping to see the reflector on the moon they've installed for at least some real proof :biggrin:

Oh come on people.. this is funny.

Yes, it's funny! I love it.

I always thought it was supposed to be green, not orange.

:rofl: I love google...

Google is my fwend

ahahahha... ah yes, good ol neil armstrong making a sandwhich out of the moon.

1. What is Google Moon?

Google Moon is a web application that allows users to explore the surface of the Moon through high-resolution images and interactive maps provided by NASA.

2. How can I access Google Moon?

You can access Google Moon by going to the Google Maps website and selecting the "Moon" option from the drop-down menu in the top right corner. Alternatively, you can go directly to the Google Moon website by typing "google.com/moon" into your web browser.

3. What are some features of Google Moon?

Some features of Google Moon include the ability to view the Moon's surface in different layers, such as elevation and visible light, as well as the option to zoom in and out for a closer look at specific areas. Users can also click on different points of interest to learn more about them, and even take a guided tour of the Moon's landmarks.

4. Can I use Google Moon on my mobile device?

Yes, Google Moon is available on both desktop and mobile devices. You can access it through your mobile web browser or by downloading the Google Earth app.

5. Is Google Moon accurate?

Yes, Google Moon is based on data and images provided by NASA, making it a reliable and accurate source for exploring the Moon's surface. However, keep in mind that the images are not in real-time and may not reflect any recent changes or developments on the Moon.