Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I love PF!

1. Apr 28, 2005 #1
    I love this site, it's so good, I'm so glad I found it! I only joined to just ask one question cos in class I suddenly got worried I was being expanded and it's a night class so the teacher hasn't got time to indulge in my compulsive fantasies so I joined and asked and now I'm totally hooked on reading all these exciting threads about strings and light and stuff, it's great, even though I only understand about 1/8 of it. (....Deep breath) And everyone answers your questions so conclusively and well. I can't wait til another couple of years when I'm better at physics so I don't feel so inferior and I can answer dumb questions instead of just asking them. :smile:

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 28, 2005 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to PF icvotria! PF is a wonderful place for discussion of serious science. You will find many knowledgeable people gathered here and everyone benefits from the exchange of knowledge.

Down here in the lounge, the rules are a bit more relaxed.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

4. Apr 28, 2005 #3

JamesU

Gold Member

this does not apply to ALL PF members! :rofl:

5. Apr 28, 2005 #4

SOS2008

Gold Member

Ditto - Welcome to PF icvotria!
    Yeh, Evo is the moderator here, and we've polluted her. :biggrin:

6. Apr 28, 2005 #5
    Yay PF! Tell all your friends! :smile:

7. Apr 28, 2005 #6

Danger

Gold Member

Welcome for sure! I'm a newcomer myself, but have been made to feel like part of the family (okay, a cousin that they keep in the basement and don't talk about, but family nonetheless :rolleyes: ).
    Please keep in mind that there is no such thing as a dumb question as long as you really want to know the answer. There are a couple of guys around here who don't get that, but we make sure they know about it. (Down here in GD you will see stupid questions frequently, but we do it on purpose to twit each other.) Also, since this forum as no specific topic, and couldn't stick to it even if it did, there's a strong possibility that someone might have a problem or question that you are uniquely qualified to deal with. Nobody is useless here. (Smurf used to be, but then our old toilet brush broke... :tongue:)

8. Apr 29, 2005 #7

SpaceTiger

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I only told you that you weren't expanding so that you wouldn't try to run off and spend your last moments with your family or something. :biggrin:

9. Apr 29, 2005 #8
    Thanks for not using me for this reference. :biggrin: Now, stop teasing Smurf and get back down in your basement room. :grumpy:

Welcome icvotria. :smile:

10. Apr 29, 2005 #9

Danger

Gold Member

It's only because you don't have enough hair to make an effective brush. If, on the other hand, it was a plunger that we needed... :tongue:

11. Apr 29, 2005 #10
    We have got to get that basement lock fixed. :tongue:

12. Apr 29, 2005 #11

Danger

Gold Member

Won't work. Locksmith, remember? :biggrin:

13. Apr 29, 2005 #12
    Crap, we've got a problem. :yuck:

14. Apr 30, 2005 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think I need to start visiting the physics section more often. :rofl:

15. Apr 30, 2005 #14

Danger

Gold Member

It's a lot of fun. It just blows me away that once in a while someone asks something that I can answer.
    Y'know, Icvotria hasn't appeared since her original post. You don't suppose we scared the poor girl away already, do you? :frown:

16. Apr 30, 2005 #15

SpaceTiger

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Maybe she expanded away. :bugeye:

17. Apr 30, 2005 #16
    Boards and Nails?

18. Apr 30, 2005 #17

Danger

Gold Member

I don't know why I never made the connection before... what about those exploding frogs? Maybe she was right! :surprised

19. Apr 30, 2005 #18

JamesU

Gold Member

don't bring up another thread, you'll confuse someone(me) :tongue2:

20. Apr 30, 2005 #19

Danger

Gold Member

You've made it this far despite our best efforts. I don't think you're going to be that easy to lose. :tongue:

21. Apr 30, 2005 #20

JamesU

Gold Member

I feel special... :rofl:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?