The Greatness of Physics - Express Your Love!

In summary, this conversation revolves around the subject of physics and its relation to mathematics and philosophy. Some argue that physics is based on mathematics, while others believe it is the other way around. It is also discussed whether the meaning of the universe can be understood through physics and the role of philosophers and mathematicians in the development of physics. It is ultimately acknowledged that physics is a fundamental tool for understanding the world around us.
vela said:
Pffft. The analogy that's most apt is: physics is to math as sex is to masturbation.

And paying for a physics education is like paying for... :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Better than what paying for a math education would be like. :wink:

vela said:

:rofl:

vela said:

Zing!

Not to burst the party or anything but one has not truly opened their eyes to other fields until they like it.

I used to be very one-dimensional. It started out with the elegance of physics, then I saw the beauty in math. And for a long time I was pigeonholing my interests toward those fields. Its often very hard to take the jump into the other side and see the beauty of other things. But I took a great deal of interest in why I like certain things and why other people like different things.

Certainly its not engrained into your genetics to like physics or chemistry. But it solely dependso on your past experience and certain internal communications/paradigms that you have obtained over your life time.

Jump start some time and now I also love biology, chemistry, business, social sciences, psychology/neuroscience, philosophy, nanotechnology, etc.. etc.. As a result, I have a gained a MUCH deeper appreciation and love of life.

I urge others to challenge the paradigms of their one-dimensional interest and look upon other things. You miss a big part of life until you truly open your eyes.

Nano-Passion said:
Jump start some time and now I also love biology

*shakes head* Another one bites the dust. :tongue2: