Salmon Burgers: Delicious, Nutritious & Fast!

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Love
In summary: I love burgers but over the past few years I've been making an effort to minimize my consumption of beef. Within the last few weeks I've been buying salmon burgers. I thought at first it would be gross and fishy, but I was wrong. They cook up fast and with just a bit of tartar sauce they are delicious and nutritious. I've been buying the Trident brand. Anyone else eat these things? :)Sounds gross and fishy.Sounds gross and fishy.
I love burgers but over the past few years I've been making an effort to minimize my consumption of beef. Within the last few weeks I've been buying salmon burgers. I thought at first it would be gross and fishy, but I was wrong. They cook up fast and with just a bit of tartar sauce they are delicious and nutritious. I've been buying the Trident brand. Anyone else eat these things? :)

Physics news on Phys.org
Sounds gross and fishy.

tahayassen said:
Sounds gross and fishy.

haha it's sooo good. Making one right now :)

My wife cooks salmon steaks, very tasty. Also salmon head soup with tofu and ginger. I've never had salmon burgers though. Is that ground up fish product?

Are salmon burgers not just like fishcakes?

That reminds me when I was looking at the lobsters clamoring over each other and picking out just the right ones. The woman next to me asked the clerk "Are these fresh?"

I hate to suggest ruining good tuna steaks this way, but tuna-burger made out of fresh steaks could be really good. I love to grill tuna steaks, so there is no way I'm going to grind them up to try it out.

BTW, I like to get decent char/grill marks on each side of the steaks, then bring them in for supper. It really doesn't matter if they are rare inside (for my wife and me) because we both like tuna sushi.

We keep a bag frozen salmon burgers for those times when we're running late or just too tired to cook. They're good!

Those sound awesome, even the ingredient list is tops. No fillers, no preservatives.

Ingredients: Pink and/or Keta Salmon, Water, Canola Oil, Contains 2% or less of: Lemon Juice, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, White Pepper, Spice, Sea Salt, Color Added, Mesquite Smoke Flavor, Vegetable Extractives, Natural Flavor. Parfried in Soybean or Canola Oil
Contains: Fish (Salmon).

Unfortunately the website says
This product is no longer available. Continue shopping at Costco

Might I also recommend an almond burger (topped with some tomatoes, sprouts and dijon mustard). I first had one after going to lunch with a vegetarian friend (as much of a friend as a vegetarian can be, anyway) and it was wonderful.

Evo said:
Unfortunately the website says

hmmm I just bought a pack at my local grocery store yesterday. I bet Costco is just stopping.

Never been a big fan of seafood (the only thing that swims that I'll eat is shrimp, but I need to try crab cakes,) but I'm sure they're delicious (not that I'd find them such, but, again, not a big fan of seafood.)

Has anyone tried grass-fed hamburgers? So much better than the others, but that could be a placebo thing.

Greg Bernhardt said:
hmmm I just bought a pack at my local grocery store yesterday. I bet Costco is just stopping.
Buy them all!

Everytime I find something I love they stop making them. :frown:

lisab said:
We keep a bag frozen salmon burgers for those times when we're running late or just too tired to cook. They're good!

We keep them in the freezer for the same reason and for when the grand children show up unexpectedly.

A while back my wife and I were at an Albertsons grocery store here in Tucson. My wife asked the guy behind the counter where their salmon came from. He replied: "A warehouse in Phoenix".

Whovian said:
Never been a big fan of seafood (the only thing that swims that I'll eat is shrimp, but I need to try crab cakes,) but I'm sure they're delicious (not that I'd find them such, but, again, not a big fan of seafood.)

Has anyone tried grass-fed hamburgers? So much better than the others, but that could be a placebo thing.

Grass-fed is the best quality. Cattle are natural grazers. In the feed lots they are fed corn. Corn is not a natural food for cattle.

Greg Bernhardt said:
I love burgers ...
Then you need to come to Kansas.

http://www.specksbarandgrill.com/Bunyon.jpg

giant-burger2.gif

http://www.specksbarandgrill.com/hamburger_tour.htm

edward said:
Grass-fed is the best quality. Cattle are natural grazers. In the feed lots they are fed corn. Corn is not a natural food for cattle.
The nearest beef-producer is a farm that raises only Angus cattle, and their cattle are grass-fed. Yum!

We can't yet get that equivalent in seafood, though, but salmon-steaks sound good. There is a thriving salmon industry on Maine's coast, and the processors probably have enough scraps and trimmings to make burgers out of them. I might have to ask my wife to check around.

Greg Bernhardt said:
I love burgers but over the past few years I've been making an effort to minimize my consumption of beef. Within the last few weeks I've been buying salmon burgers. I thought at first it would be gross and fishy, but I was wrong. They cook up fast and with just a bit of tartar sauce they are delicious and nutritious. I've been buying the Trident brand. Anyone else eat these things? :)

Hmm, never tried it. Is there any restaurant that you go to for their salmon burger?

dlgoff said:
Then you need to come to Kansas.

http://www.specksbarandgrill.com/Bunyon.jpg

... This is photoshopped.

edward said:
Horse-sh...t. :grumpy: I've raise beef calves for butchering and Grass is NOT good. Corn for marbling and Milo for sweetness.

Gad said:
... This is photoshopped.

:cry: Okay

dlgoff said:
Horse-sh...t. :grumpy: I've raise beef calves for butchering and Grass is NOT good. Corn for marbling and Milo for sweetness.

Corn is great for marbeling and fast weight gain. On the other hand the meat is not as healthy for the consumer.

But corn consumption in cattle causes many problems, because quite simply, cattle were never meant to consume corn. Cattle on pasture have Ph neutral (Ph of 7) stomachs. A corn diet dangerously raises the acid level in the cow’s stomach creating health conditions such as acidosis, necessitating medications and antibiotics which create prime conditions for the existence of E. Coli.

http://www.globalaginvesting.com/news/blogdetail?contentid=1479

Over all, grass-fed beef comes out ahead, according to the report in the latest Nutrition Journal. Beef from grass-fed animals has lower levels of unhealthy fats and higher levels of omega-3 fatty acids, which are better for cardiovascular health. Grass-fed beef also has lower levels of dietary cholesterol and offers more vitamins A and E as well as antioxidants. The study found that meat from animals raised entirely on grass also had about twice the levels of conjugated linoleic acid, or CLA, isomers, which may have cancer fighting properties and lower the risk of diabetes and other health problems.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/11/switching-to-grass-fed-beef/

Last edited by a moderator:
edward said:
Corn is great for marbeling and fast weight gain. On the other hand the meat is not as healthy for the consumer.

But corn consumption in cattle causes many problems, because quite simply, cattle were never meant to consume corn. Cattle on pasture have Ph neutral (Ph of 7) stomachs. A corn diet dangerously raises the acid level in the cow’s stomach creating health conditions such as acidosis, necessitating medications and antibiotics which create prime conditions for the existence of E. Coli.

http://www.globalaginvesting.com/news/blogdetail?contentid=1479

But the thing is, for us country folks (me at least), this isn't a problem.

They don't live long enough to get those kind of conditions. https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/1211379599/Yummy-Icon2_normal.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I love fish, and salmon is a great fish, however there is some alleged danger of cumulative mercury poisoning if you eat as much as I would were there no danger.

Salmon should be banned.

What are salmon burgers?

Salmon burgers are a type of burger made from ground salmon, mixed with various ingredients such as herbs, spices, and breadcrumbs, and then cooked on a grill or stovetop.

Why are salmon burgers considered nutritious?

Salmon is a nutrient-dense fish that is high in protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and essential vitamins and minerals. When made with healthy ingredients and cooked in a healthy way, salmon burgers can be a nutritious meal option.

Are salmon burgers easy to make?

Yes, salmon burgers are easy to make as they require minimal ingredients and can be cooked in just a few minutes. They are a great option for a quick and healthy meal.

What are some common ingredients in salmon burgers?

Some common ingredients in salmon burgers include salmon, onions, garlic, herbs, spices, breadcrumbs, and eggs. These ingredients can be adjusted to suit personal preferences and dietary restrictions.

Can salmon burgers be a sustainable food choice?

Yes, salmon burgers can be a sustainable food choice if made with sustainably sourced salmon. It is important to research and purchase salmon from fisheries that follow sustainable practices to support the health of our oceans.