I Love You - Share Your Story!

• Thread starter Moni
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Love
In summary, love can be a tricky thing to navigate in a relationship. For some, it may be obvious when the word "love" is appropriate and accurate between a man and a woman. It should be demonstrated through actions, seen in their eyes, and heard in their voice. It may also be shown by the way they refer to the relationship and include the other person in their life. However, for others, it may not be so clear and it's important to be true to oneself and communicate honestly. It's important to consider the feelings of the other person and make a decision based on what is best for the relationship.
Originally posted by chroot
Are you making or doing that enormous pee-pee? I'm confused. Wanna help me out here, Ivan?

- Warren
machen?

(Well, I SAID in was 'fractured' German. I learned it correctly -I think- many years ago, and of course, over time and with frequent episodes of CRS, :wink: it has evolved/degraded to that! I guess I think it just *sounds* hysterical and is easy enough for almost anyone who doesn't know German to comprehend... It's OK...Call me weird... :wink:)

Physics news on Phys.org
Well, uh, what you (sort of) said was:

"I must do a giant pee-pee!"

Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?

- Warren

Well, uh, what you (sort of) said was:

"I must do a giant pee-pee!"

Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?

- Warren
No. Just that.

Catch you later! :wink:

Originally posted by zoobyshoe
(SNIP) The thing is, I don't think women do this as a head game at all, nor is it a hidden agenda. It's an authentic failure to realize how far they go with these definitions of "love", being "in love", and so forth without men being included in the process. (SNoP)
There actually is a difference 'tween "feeling love", being "loving". and being "IN love" huge difference, just that the only way, you too, will know the hormonal cascadence that arises for the one to three year period, is to end up there...good "Luck" (whatever that means)...and Lord knows your going to be in trouble if she/he doesn't feel the same way...it is a 'dangerous/delightful' portal to obsession or really powerful love...not for the faint of heart, not easy to 'obtain' as it is an idiosyncratic reaction, you might just go through your whole life not exeriancing it (lucky? you) and it is IMO way harder on a man, then on the woman as it is intensely emotive...

This is too bad, Moni. Religious prohibitions against involvement with people of other religions are very tough to overcome. Pure fantasy. It'll never happen.

Online love happens, for real. People have gotten married who first met on the web. It is much more realistic than your other two options.

Hmm...I don't know this Religious things happen in US or not but it happens bitterly in this South Asia [b(]

Hmm...in western countries models fly...but not here :wink:

Online? Hmm...but without meeting face to face is that really possible?

Originally posted by Evo
How sad! Unfortunately religious bias, social status, money, are all things that can come between two people.

Models are no different from anyone else, well some "think" they are. If it is someone that you actually meet and there is a "spark" there, go for it. I've dated male models, all very nice, down to earth, funny, intelligent. It just happened that they were "discovered" and the money was just too good to turn down.

If the "model" is someone in a magazine, on tv, uhm, aside from maybe having an innocent "crush", I would say do nothing, you will likely only waste your time.

Yes, I do believe in online love, I know people that met their "perfect" match online. I personally have made wonderful friends online, some I have met, some I still haven't. I met my best friend online.

Thanks again Evo for nice reply :)

"religious bias, social status, money, are all things that can come between two people"

Still we don't think people as PEOPLE
May be this is not so big problem there but in South Asia it's a huge problem...even while making just FRIENDSHIP relations...girls become very cautious and asks about our Religion, bank balance etc. etc.

About models...as far as I've seen they are very smart, cute and do behave well...but what my experience they just use it for there career, once I met one, she said, "Oh! You are ... so so, I've never met like you before" and after few days my friend said she also told him the same speeches

So, how acutally we do believe? It's very difficult to know what's going on girls minds

Online friends? How do you make them? Aren't we friends here in this PF? :wink:

Originally posted by Moni
It's very difficult to know what's going on girls minds

You have just voiced the opinion of every man in the world. I congratulate you Moni.

Thanks again Evo for nice reply :)

"religious bias, social status, money, are all things that can come between two people"

Still we don't think people as PEOPLE
May be this is not so big problem there but in South Asia it's a huge problem...even while making just FRIENDSHIP relations...girls become very cautious and asks about our Religion, bank balance etc. etc.
Religion is much more of a problem where you are. It is a shame that there is not as much tolerance for different beliefs there. Bank balance? Well, here those types of women are every where.
About models...as far as I've seen they are very smart, cute and do behave well...but what my experience they just use it for there career, once I met one, she said, "Oh! You are ... so so, I've never met like you before" and after few days my friend said she also told him the same speeches
Stay away from them, they're usually bad news.

So, how acutally we do believe? It's very difficult to know what's going on girls minds
Yes! That is a problem.

Online friends? How do you make them? Aren't we friends here in this PF? :wink: [/B]
Yes, we ARE friends here! After time if you get to know someone online very well, you may decide to actually meet them in real life. I've done this many times and I have met some truly incredible people. My best friend lives in another country and we take turns flying back and forth on vacations to see each other. We met videoconferencing online 6 years ago.

Just take things slowly. Let a girl know that you like her by smiling at her and see what she does. Be polite and friendly. Don't come on too strong.

If she is willing to talk, ask her questions about herself, what her hobbies are, what movies, what music, etc... she likes, and comment on the ones that you also like, and add any thing you like that from what she's said you think she may also enjoy, that will get a conversation going.

Be a good listener. Don't make fun of her...a BIG mistake during the first few dates. Some guys get nervous and do this and wonder why she won't talk to him any more.

On a first date, a single flower is a nice gesture, especially if you remembered it was her favorite from a previous conversation. It shows her you really listened.

Here's an example of right things to do after you start dating: My 16 year daughter old has just started dating a new guy. He's in college in California this year. For christmas he sent her a package with a number of little items that each have a special meaning to her. She is always cold, so he sent her his college sweatshirt, his wool scarf, his down comforter, and packets of her favorite hot cocoa & teas and then also created a CD with songs that all tied into things they had shared or like about each other that ended up telling a story about them. He didn't go out and spend any money but those gifts meant more to her than any expensive gift bought at a store.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Evo
(SNIP) Here's an example of right things to do after you start dating: My 16 year daughter old has just started dating a new guy. He's in college in California this year. For christmas he sent her a package with a number of little items that each have a special meaning to her. She is always cold, so he sent her his college sweatshirt, his wool scarf, his down comforter, and packets of her favorite hot cocoa & teas and then also created a CD with songs that all tied into things they had shared or like about each other that ended up telling a story about them. He didn't go out and spend any money but those gifts meant more to her than any expensive gift bought at a store. (SNoP)
And just out of curiosity, what did she send him in return??...ya know...equality...??

Hmm...I don't know this Religious things happen in US or not but it happens bitterly in this South Asia [b(]
It certainly doesn't happen here as much as it used to, but my own parents are an example of what used to happen alot: my mother wouldn't marry my father unless he converted to her religion.
Online? Hmm...but without meeting face to face is that really possible?
Eventually, of course, you would arrange to meet in person. This has, in fact, lead to marriages.

(SNIP) Eventually, of course, you would arrange to meet in person. This has, in fact, lead to marriages. (SNoP)
Yup and the one I knew led further, all the way to divorce...

Originally posted by Mr. Robin (Killjoy) Parsons
Yup and the one I knew led further, all the way to divorce...
So that's how you and Mrs. Robin Parsons met and split! I knew there had to be a story there.

So that's how you and Mrs. Robin Parsons met and split! I knew there had to be a story there.
Ooooops, you forgot something Zoob, MRP = Never been married!...soooooo (A needle pulling thread!)

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons
And just out of curiosity, what did she send him in return??...ya know...equality...??
She did make him a cd in return, but I have no clue what else she gave him.

Funny how much more "thought" and how much more you are willing to do when you're in the initial "love chemical soup" phase of a relationship. :smile:

As one of my co-workers so eloquently put it explaining how he landed such a great girl "I had to be the kind of guy she wanted and do whatever I needed to get her to marry me, but now that we're married, I don't have to impress her anymore". So, basically, he pretended to be someone else. And we wonder why the divorce rate is so high? Women do the same thing.

As someone once wisely put it:

Don't flatter yourself that friendship authorizes you to say disagreeable things to your intimates. The nearer you come into relation with a person, the more necessary do tact and courtesy become.

-Oliver Wendell Holmes

"Familiarity breeds contempt" now that y'all knows that, think it will stop it from occurring?

You can take a lesson from it and learn to have your own hobbies?

Is there a beauty contest here today?

Originally posted by The_Professional
Is there a beauty contest here today?
Tomorrow, isn't it?

Whoa, Monique ROCKS! Her paper is out!

Congrats Monique!

Originally posted by Evo
Whoa, Monique ROCKS! Her paper is out!

Congrats Monique!
AWESOME, Niek! I'm so PROUD to know you!

thanks girls, couldn't have done it without the et al's :)

Originally posted by Monique
thanks girls, couldn't have done it without the et al's :)
Yeah, but they're just the mayo on the sandwich. YOU'RE the big CHEESE! And if the cheese is good enough, you don't even really NEED the mayo...:wink:

Originally posted by Tsunami
Yeah, but they're just the mayo on the sandwich. YOU'RE the big CHEESE! And if the cheese is good enough, you don't even really NEED the mayo...:wink:
If ask me, mayo is gross anyway!

- Warren

You're studying cheese at the Mayo clinic?

Njorl

mayo rocks...in the right place of course...but u know what is ultimate?? Bacon.

OK OK I ADMIT IT... I LOVE BACON! *drools*

If ask me, mayo is gross anyway!

- Warren
Only if it's on cheese that's 'good enough' to stand alone. Otherwise, things like artichokes, broccoli, asparagus...they are all considered to be very good vehicles and reasons to eat LOTS of mayo! :wink:

Originally posted by Njorl
You're studying cheese at the Mayo clinic?

Njorl
WOW! Do they have a course in CHEESES there now? COOL! I'm all over it...

Originally posted by jimmy p
mayo rocks...in the right place of course...but u know what is ultimate?? Bacon.

OK OK I ADMIT IT... I LOVE BACON! *drools*
YUM! Bacon and mayo on toast... YUM! You ARE my nephew, sweet Chopnik.

P.S. Congratulations Monique (not that this is the place to put that/this, but) on your publication, neat stuff et al's and all...if I have a chance, perhaps I'll read it through...