Unleash Your Creativity: Making Memes 101

• Thread starter DeathByKugelBlitz
  • Start date
In summary: The 'did time start at the big bang?' meme is a template with a variation of a Crazy Girl Photo with a changing caption.Which caption will change in your meme?But it was a meme, that I was staying up at night to watch the...video.
DeathByKugelBlitz
Gold Member

Physics news on Phys.org
I assume that's all supposed to mean something, but I don't get it.

phinds said:

I don’t need sleep, I need answers. I need the answer to the question ‘Did time start at the big bang?’

phinds said:
The TV show is called "The Big Bang Theory".

DaveC426913 said:
The TV show is called "The Big Bang Theory".
I'm very aware of the program. His post still did not make any sense to me

DeathByKugelBlitz said:
I don’t need sleep, I need answers. I need the answer to the question ‘Did time start at the big bang?’
And why is that question a meme?

DeathByKugelBlitz said:
Which part is the meme? The repeat?
One meme I know is, 'Overly attached girlfriend,' the meme is her spaced out loved up face with the caption that can be changed each time to demonstrate she is overly attached, 'i went through your garbage last night,' for instance.
Which part changes?

So, the first image is an actual video - it's called 'Did Time Start at the Big bang'?

Did you watch it? Does it not have any answers for you?

• Haha
Likes davenn
DaveC426913 said:
So, the first image is an actual video - it's called 'Did Time Start at the Big bang'?

Did you watch it? Does it not have any answers for you?

The joke is i’m watching the video instead of sleeping. Cos i don’t need sleep, i need answers

DeathByKugelBlitz said:
The joke is i’m watching the video instead of sleeping. Cos i don’t need sleep, i need answers
I'm sorry there is nothing worse than trying to explain a joke and m not trying to kill it but I don't think this is a meme as such.
A meme is an idea that proliferates and was coined by Dawkins.
The 'pop' meme is an internet template with a common theme (crazy girl photo) with changing captions.
Which caption will change in your meme?

pinball1970 said:
I'm sorry there is nothing worse than trying to explain a joke and m not trying to kill it but I don't think this is a meme as such.
A meme is an idea that proliferates and was coined by Dawkins.
The 'pop' meme is an internet template with a common theme (crazy girl photo) with changing captions.
Which caption will change in your meme?

The video. This meme has been done many times but with different videos

Likes pinball1970
DeathByKugelBlitz said:
Ah ok got you. I'll have a look for others.

@DeathByKugelBlitz I think the lesson you should take away from this thread is that, on this forum at least, if you have a question, don't be cutesy, just ask the question.

DeathByKugelBlitz said:
Ah! Gotcha.

You're saying this is an existing "meme template". :thumbup:

Strange. I lurk on imgur a lot during these lazy summer days, but I haven't seen this one once.

DaveC426913 said:
Ah! Gotcha.

You're saying this is an existing "meme template". :thumbup:

Strange. I lurk on imgur a lot during these lazy summer days, but I haven't seen this one once.
Memeplate? This thread keeps giving and giving.

pinball1970 said:
Memeplate? This thread keeps giving and giving.
About everything except what SEEMS to have been the original question

phinds said:
About everything except what SEEMS to have been the original question
Yeah I still don't get it completely so I was skipping over it for now.
I'm pretty sure the one where Sheldon doesn't want to sleep is to do with him ending up in a ball park realising his equations are not working. The reason is he is imagining the electrons in his problem behaving as waves rather than particles.
Nothing to do with time at the BB.

Last edited:
DeathByKugelBlitz said:
Did time start at the big bang?
The current cosmological model is silent on the creation event and what, if anything, preceded it, so the answer is "we don't know". You would have gotten this immediately had you just asked the question.

phinds said:
The current cosmological model is silent on the creation event and what, if anything, preceded it, so the answer is "we don't know". You would have gotten this immediately had you just asked the question.

But it was a meme, that I was staying up at night to watch the video

DeathByKugelBlitz said:
But it was a meme, that I was staying up at night to watch the video
And what does that have to do with getting an actual answer here?

phinds said:
And what does that have to do with getting an actual answer here?
It’s a meme, which is why I posted in general

DeathByKugelBlitz said:
It’s a meme, which is why I posted in general
Ah. OK, so your main goal was just having a rambling discussion, not getting an answer to the question. I misunderstood.

Likes DeathByKugelBlitz
And since the whole thread seems to have no point, I'm closing it.

Likes Bystander

1. What is a meme?

A meme is a piece of content, usually an image or video, that is humorous, relatable, or satirical in nature. It is often shared and spread rapidly through social media and the internet.

2. How do I come up with creative meme ideas?

Creativity is subjective, but some tips for coming up with meme ideas include observing current trends and popular culture, using humor and wit, and thinking outside the box.

3. Do I need any special skills or software to make memes?

No, you do not need any special skills or software to make memes. There are many free online tools and apps that allow you to easily create and customize memes using pre-made templates or your own images.

4. Can I use any image or video to make a meme?

It is important to consider copyright and fair use laws when using images or videos to make memes. It is best to use royalty-free or creative commons images and videos, or to create your own content.

5. How can I make my memes stand out and be successful?

To make your memes stand out and be successful, it is important to be timely, relevant, and original. You can also use clever captions, popular hashtags, and share your memes on different social media platforms to reach a wider audience.