Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I may be somewhat quieter for a while.

1. Aug 28, 2008 #1

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Hey guys,

I am incredibly busy this semester. With the Physics GRE coming up in a month in a half, and coursework back in full swing, I have a lot to do. Coupled with the fact that I have a good number grad school applications to complete this fall, things are getting crazy.

Let me first point out- I will still be around and still be posting relatively often, but I may be much more quieter than I usually am. I just thought I'd point it out so you guys didn't hold a grudge on me for "ignoring" you. (Looking at you, Evo:biggrin:)

See you around PF guys. (Just not as often as I'd like:frown:)

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 28, 2008 #2
    CRAP! THE PHYSICS GRE!! I need to sign up for that! I totally forgot!

Good luck, man.

4. Aug 28, 2008 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I have hardly seen you at all lately!!!! :grumpy: Where are your priorities???

I <sob> miss you!!!!

5. Aug 28, 2008 #4

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Thanks! Good luck to you as well.

I miss you too Evo. I will still be around don't worry, I just never know what days I will have time to spend posting on PF.

Right now, I usually spend a lot of my free time doing PGRE practice problems and reviewing. I know I may be over doing it, but I am somewhat of an over achieving box of fries after all.:biggrin:

I am also in the middle of drafting a statement of purpose while dealing with a horrible case of writer's block. Sigh. I just keep telling myself eventually it'll be over with!

6. Aug 28, 2008 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

mmmmm, fries...that reminds me, I haven't eaten all day. :devil:

7. Aug 29, 2008 #6
    I'm sure you will do just great this semester. We will keep your seat warm for ya.

8. Aug 29, 2008 #7

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Good luck with the GRE: I don't envy you!

9. Aug 29, 2008 #8
    My sympathy and perhaps, it's redundant, but have you considered to overcome that writers block by structuring your thoughts?

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~writing/materials/student/ac_paper/write.shtml

Success

10. Aug 29, 2008 #9

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Good luck! Though, you won't need it; I'm confident you'll do well.

I second Andre's advice here. A common problem we see among students who have to write something (including grad students starting on their dissertations) is they spend an inordinate amount of time staring at a blank sheet of paper trying to write a perfect first sentence. You're going to edit and revise many times before you have a final version, so don't worry about the details on the first go around. Just sit down and write an outline of what you want to include, then start filling in details for the outline points, then start joining them into sentences, and THEN go through and polish the sentences to make them sound nice. This will also keep you from wasting a lot of time during the editing and revising to shuffle things into a logical order.

11. Aug 29, 2008 #10
    G01: My thoughts are with you. I hope it will go well. And remember, there are always more ways than one to be an overachiever. :) I hope that thought will give you comfort regardless of the outcome.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?