I might be a redneck

• Thread starter turbo
  • Start date
turbo
Gold Member
I love the photos, I bet that Rocket was one sweet ride. I've seen autos in much worse shape then those, get returned to their original charm.
The Rocket was a pretty hot car at the time. In the early '60's my grandmother had a Buick Wildcat that was a handful. I'd love to have that rascal. That little old lady was a lead-foot and my grandfather bought her a big boat - an Electra 225 - to try to slow her down. It didn't help. There was an alarm on her speedometer that could be set to buzz at any speed, and she set it to 80 at a time when the highest speed limit in the state was 60. My mother wasn't too keen on letting me ride with Grammie.

You mean like this arboreal boot applied to a car that was parked too long?

TreeHugger.jpg
The cars in that photo have noticed bumper growth

Last edited:
Borek
Mentor
This is in Polish, so you won't be able to understand what the discussion is about, but it is mostly small talk. However, take a look at the pictures - if you don't have what you like, you have to like what you have. nasciturus69 decided to make his own wrecks :smile:

http://www.werttrew.fora.pl/wasze-bziki,7/rdza-kurz-i-zapomnienie,1676.html

There are much less old wrecks in Poland, as cars here were hard to get and very expensive, so they were rarely abandoned.

I get this:

Użytkownik:
Hasło:
Zaloguj mnie automatycznie przy każdej wizycie:

lol I think its a log in page?

If Cuba is ever opend up I would imagine a lot of pre 1959 classic car hunters will be making the trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Borek
Mentor
I get this:

Użytkownik:
Hasło:
Zaloguj mnie automatycznie przy każdej wizycie:
Oops, sorry. I am logged forever and I was not aware that this part of the forum is not visible to everybody :(

IMG_8868.jpg

IMG_8870.jpg

IMG_8871.jpg

IMG_8919.jpg

IMG_8921.jpg

IMG_8927.jpg

IMG_8937.jpg

IMG_8939.jpg

IMG_8944.jpg

IMG_8949.jpg

IMG_8954.jpg

IMG_8951.jpg

Honestly, no idea why. Gotta talk to owner.

LowlyPion
Homework Helper
Oh. I see. That guy makes Redneck table decorations for parties.

Like celebrating the "end of a drunk driving suspension" or a "getting out of debt for attending a Nascar event" or a "trailer park block party" or "our daughter is dating someone that wears shoes" party?

Borek--what a crack up!!

Borek
Mentor
Oh. I see. That guy makes Redneck table decorations for parties.

Like celebrating the "end of a drunk driving suspension" or a "getting out of debt for attending a Nascar event" or a "trailer park block party" or "our daughter is dating someone that wears shoes" party?
:rofl:

I will tell him about the idea.

turbo
Gold Member
Too cool! Where are the engines hanging from chainfalls in trees or is that a US redneck thing? My neighbors and I share a lot of stuff. I have a neighbor with heavy trucks and a headboard loader, another neighbor with a backhoe and a couple of tractors set up as front-end loaders, etc. They are not shy about dropping in to see if I have screw extractors, vacuum pumps, etc, or to borrow my low-profile high-capacity hydraulic lift, and I am not shy about asking them to borrow an engine lift, or asking them to cut some metal for me or weld up a bumper or trailer hitch. It all evens out. I'm going to buy some channel-iron and some angle-iron soon, and one of the neighbors will build a new bumper for my old Nissan pickup. He'll feel pretty good when I take him a few bags of Sugarsnax carrots this fall, and take him fishing in my old WT Grant boat with rebuilt (someday, I promise) Evinrude. We get along.

turbo
Gold Member
Please don't let the government find out about neighborly behavior, lest they try to tax it as "commerce". It's not barter, because there is no tit-for-tat. Instead, when somebody has done something nice for me, I feel honor-bound to "get back" at them and do something nicer for them, and they reciprocate. Being a redneck in a tiny town isn't all that bad.

Too cool! Where are the engines hanging from chainfalls in trees or is that a US redneck thing? My neighbors and I share a lot of stuff. I have a neighbor with heavy trucks and a headboard loader, another neighbor with a backhoe and a couple of tractors set up as front-end loaders, etc. They are not shy about dropping in to see if I have screw extractors, vacuum pumps, etc, or to borrow my low-profile high-capacity hydraulic lift, and I am not shy about asking them to borrow an engine lift, or asking them to cut some metal for me or weld up a bumper or trailer hitch. It all evens out. I'm going to buy some channel-iron and some angle-iron soon, and one of the neighbors will build a new bumper for my old Nissan pickup. He'll feel pretty good when I take him a few bags of Sugarsnax carrots this fall, and take him fishing in my old WT Grant boat with rebuilt (someday, I promise) Evinrude. We get along.

I had this on a shelf nearby:

screw.jpg

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Borek, I love those! They're so weird! And there was even one with a blue tarp...:rofl:!

turbo
Gold Member
That's a KILLER! I have a lot of extractors but none beefy like that rascal. Years, ago, I had a a bolt in a motorcycle engine that I could not extract and when I went to the auto-supply place, they had no extractors of the size that that would have been useful. The counter-guy was WAY less than helpful, so I asked him where the taps were, and he waved toward a wall. I found a left-hand tap just the right size. I cut off the bolt-head, drilled the shaft, and when I bottomed the tap, the shaft backed right out.

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
redneck fine dining..

http://yourscene.latimes.com/PHOTOS/LATM/1UserPhotos/299409E.jpg [Broken]

Who made that chili?

Borek
Mentor
Borek, I love those! They're so weird! And there was even one with a blue tarp...:rofl:!
He did more, these were only first trials.

IMG_9036.jpg

IMG_9038.jpg

IMG_9039.jpg

IMG_9040.jpg

IMG_9651.jpg

IMG_9652.jpg

IMG_9653.jpg

BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Oops, sorry. I am logged forever and I was not aware that this part of the forum is not visible to everybody :(

IMG_8949.jpg

Honestly, no idea why. Gotta talk to owner.
This one is great. Rusted out bodies are hard to do and the first diarama definitely didn't do it justice - no rust on the chrome, etc; just mud and bird dung. Body damage is also hard to do. The minor touches he missed were the coat hanger antenna (which is easy to make out of wire) and the tires on the tarp have too much tread. At least one cracked window (drawn with a strand of glue) would have been a good touch, as well.

To be fair, I might be a redneck. (Foxworthy alert) I have my own chain-saw and woodlot and have cut many, many dozens of cords of firewood, but since losing some balance and coordination to a stroke a number of years ago, I am less enthused about working on uneven ground with a screaming chain-saw. I used to be nimble enough to get out of the way quickly if a tree hung up and kicked off the stump. Not so sure now.

Edit:
I separated this from the natural gas thread.

Integral
Do you fry Raccoons and BBQ Squirrels?

turbo
Gold Member
Do you fry Raccoons and BBQ Squirrels?
I prefer ribs and hot dogs.:tongue2:

Take some pictures of them! If the scenery and lighting is just right, old junkers can make for some nice pictures.

Also, my grandfather has the very second Saab which was shipped to the US (model 93) in 1956, but the car has since deteriorated due to being left out in the weather all these years. I made sure to grab the horn button off of it which has the airplane symbol from when they made aircraft. He opened up one of the first Saab dealerships in the US here in Chattanooga. He also worked on VWs and Porsches out of the same shop.
Ha ha, my dad is the biggest Saab nut ever...

Turbo-1, you might want to listen to this song: - if you like it, you ARE a Redneck !

Warning: I liked the song, but I'm no Redneck (possibly White Trash), so the test might give false positives in a few cases.

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Turbo-1, you might want to listen to this song: - if you like it, you ARE a Redneck !

Warning: I liked the song, but I'm no Redneck (possibly White Trash), so the test might give false positives in a few cases.
Everybody loves that song!

Rednex is from Sweden too!

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
It reminds everyone of that time of when they drank a case of beer.