I might be a redneck

• Thread starter turbo
  • Start date
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
This one is great. Rusted out bodies are hard to do and the first diarama definitely didn't do it justice - no rust on the chrome, etc; just mud and bird dung. Body damage is also hard to do. The minor touches he missed were the coat hanger antenna (which is easy to make out of wire) and the tires on the tarp have too much tread. At least one cracked window (drawn with a strand of glue) would have been a good touch, as well.
The tires should all be flat too. :biggrin: I still think they're really cool. Something to display near the beer cooler in the garage along with the singing fish, Nascar logos, and neon Budweiser sign. :biggrin:

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Hey, while driving through Maine on the 201 there was lots of old cars everywhere. Very empty state!

Definitely a redneck state. :smile:

turbo
Gold Member
201 is the main drag, Jason, and you passed within 2.5 miles of my house. If you wandered onto the back roads here in Solon, you could find 4-5 unlicensed junkyards (lots of junkers at peoples' houses) within a couple of miles from here.

That's a KILLER! I have a lot of extractors but none beefy like that rascal. Years, ago, I had a a bolt in a motorcycle engine that I could not extract and when I went to the auto-supply place, they had no extractors of the size that that would have been useful. The counter-guy was WAY less than helpful, so I asked him where the taps were, and he waved toward a wall. I found a left-hand tap just the right size. I cut off the bolt-head, drilled the shaft, and when I bottomed the tap, the shaft backed right out.
it came in with some 'other stuff'---I don't think its ever been used--if you ever need one that big, let me know

along the same line, have you seen that set of three e-z-outs by Craftsman for screws?--they REALLY work well

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The tires should all be flat too. :biggrin: I still think they're really cool. Something to display near the beer cooler in the garage along with the singing fish, Nascar logos, and neon Budweiser sign. :biggrin:
:rofl:

But remember, Borek posted these pics from a Polish site...I don't think they have any of those things in Poland!