Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I miss my cat

1. May 12, 2006 #1
    she died last week at the age of 16 and a half.
    i dont even remember how it was before she was there, she always came to sleep in my bad, and walked over my keyboard when i ignored her because i used the computer...

she died peacefully, she just lay in a sleeping position, breathing comfortably, and never got up again.

i just saw this movie while browsing: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=70423446378227413&q=genre:comedy

and it reminded me how much i miss her.

i smiled through the whole movie... so many good memories.

2. jcsd
  3. May 12, 2006 #2

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Be gratefulthat your life was enriched by her presence

4. May 12, 2006 #3

Curious3141

Homework Helper

RIP, dear kitty. :frown:

5. May 12, 2006 #4

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

My condolensces to you over the loss of your cat.

One of our cats died about 18 months ago. She would also come to bed with us, particularly in winter time and she slept by my side. She would also ride on my shoulders.

Our male cat Chester sleeps by my side or on my chest if I am lying on my back. He also like to rub noses or nuzzle with my face. At breakfast time he paces back and forth on the bed, meowing, until I get up and fed him and our other cat, Misty. Misty sometimes comes to bed with us, but she mostly sleeps on my daughters bed. Misty comes to wake me up as well. She likes to smooch too. Misty also comes to me for vigorous back rubs, in which she stand ups with her front paws on my thigh while I give her a nice firm back rub. First cat whom I've met who does that. Most cats prefer gentle contact, although one of my friends has a cat who likes a good belly rub.

6. May 12, 2006 #5

Evo

I'm sad to hear about the loss of your cat. :frown: Sounds like she was loved. :smile:

7. May 12, 2006 #6

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

fargoth, there is no shortage of cat lovers here. Frankly, I like my cats better than I like most people. :biggrin:

Sorry about your kitty.

8. May 12, 2006 #7

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's hard. It's really, really hard. I miss my kitties that have passed on, too. I miss them every day. And then sometimes I think to myself, it's not worth the trouble and sadness to have them in my life. It is too painful when they go. But then the next one comes along, and how can you say no! This poem describes it well:

They bring so much to our lives and ask for so little. Each one has been a special unique little friend that I will treasure forever. I understand how much you miss her.

9. May 12, 2006 #8

Evo

Now you made me cry MIH.

10. May 12, 2006 #9
    Oh man reminds me of this:

and this

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2006
  11. May 12, 2006 #10
    I lost my cat a few months ago, he was two and I think he got hit by a car, found him dead one morning. I only knew him two years, but what he brought to me personally was easilly worth ten. I have always had a cat and sometimes dogs, anyone who says they aren't a member of the familly has no idea. I'm with you on this one forgoth.

12. May 12, 2006 #11

Danger

Gold Member

Sorry to hear it, fargoth. I had my last cat for 10 years (he died on his 20th birthday, within a day or so), and the one before that for 15, so I know how you feel.
    And Astro, current cat Lucy likes it rough as well. She doesn't mind being petted, but just loves to be thumped gently and have her fur ruffled.

13. May 12, 2006 #12
    Im sorry *hugs* I dread the day my cat goes too! She is getting older she is probably 12 or so years old. I love her so much and it would be a death like a grandma or grandpa (which i dont have any left :P)

Draw your cat! Write poems about your cat! itll help ease the pain

14. May 12, 2006 #13
    thank you all very much.

yeah, i noticed this forum was a cat lover's forum :biggrin:

MIH, i liked that poem, its very touching, my family wants to get a new cat, and i told them i dont want a "replacement".
    but your song made me see it in a different light.

cyrus, that last lisa quote was really good.

danger, did you say your cat made it to the age of 20? - thats remarkable!

and astronuc, i had two cats, the one who's still alive is her daughter (she's 13), and she likes it when you stroke her very hard, she actually leans on you when you stroke her.
    its pretty funny, because if you stop stroking her suddenly, she falls :biggrin:

oh, and kokoro, thanks for the hug :biggrin: i think i will draw her, it has been a while since i drawn anything, thanks for giving me that idea.

and again, thank you all for your sympathy (even those i havent mantioned expliciltly :tongue2: ).

Last edited: May 12, 2006
  15. May 12, 2006 #14

Danger

Gold Member

Yeah. He was 10 when I bought him from the pound. His previous owners had a baby and were scared that he'd smother it. :rolleyes: The only cats that I don't generally like are Siamese, and that's only because I find their voices irritating. So I ended up with an 18 lb. tabby with a proportionally loud Siamese voice. He absolutely never shut up as long as he was awake. My mother named him Dingbat McBeth. 'Dingbat' from Gilbert and Sullivan: "Dingbat the singing cat; he sang so loud that he sang flat." McBeth from Shakespeare: "McBeth murders sleep." :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?