Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I need a superconductor

  1. Aug 28, 2012 #1
    Does any one know how one might obtain a chemical called "Mercury Thallium Barium Calcium Copper-Oxide"(Hg12Ti3Ba30Ca30Cu45O125)? I searched online, but I couldn't find any vendors.
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 28, 2012 #2
    It's possible that you might not be able to purchase it commercially. (It happens.)

    Using Google Scholar, I was able to find this patent. It might serve as a useful starting point for further investigation/online searches, I hope!
  4. Aug 28, 2012 #3
    Thanks for finding the patent!
  5. Aug 29, 2012 #4


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor

    Maybe you have more luck when you search for
    Hg12Tl3Ba30Ca30Cu45O125 (Thallium Tl instead of Titanium Ti)
  6. Aug 29, 2012 #5
    Oh, I have been, I must have just typo'd the "i" when I posted this thread.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook