1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I need advice on a career path!

1. Oct 4, 2011 #1
    So I am a pretty normal grade 11 kid, I have good grades (92.5% average and all level 1 courses), I'm a natural at maths and physics and I'm already weeks ahead of my physics class. My true talent is probably with computers, I taught myself a bunch of languages, like Python, Java ...

I'm incredibly interested in anything physics related. I spend alot of my free time reading books like Einstein for Dummies, Brief History of Time and A Stubbornly Persistent Illusion. But I have a problem, my dream job would be to work at a huge facility like CERN but the reality is, is that, that probably wont happen. My dad is a civil engineer and I come from a middle-upper class family in eastern Canada, and a good salary means alot to me and I feel like a career in physics wont be able to give me this! Aeronautics engineering is also something I'm seriously considering, I have been always really interested in the Apollo missions and the Mars exploration missions since I have been really young. The industry is going to really kick-start within the next decade or two so it seems like a good possibility. Working for NASA developing new spacecraft is a childhood dream but like a CERN career path, it seems really unlikely!

I need your advice on a possible career path, something attainable! Your help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks alot!

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 5, 2011 #2
    If I had it all to do over again I'd be a drug dealer.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook