What are some interesting topics for a calculus paper?

• Thread starter Jez
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Idea
In summary, the speaker is struggling to come up with a topic for their calculus paper. They initially considered writing about fracture mechanics but found it too boring. They ask for suggestions and someone suggests writing about rocket trajectories. The speaker loves rockets but is hesitant because others in their class are already doing that topic.
Jez
Help. i have to write a paper for my calc class and i have no idea what to write about. i was going to write it on fracture mechanics of different materials but that just got too boring. any ideas? it just has to use calc somehow. i know it should be really easy to pick a topic but i am just having the hardest time.

Jez

Physics news on Phys.org
If you've got any rocket fuel in your blood, here's a topic:

http://fti.neep.wisc.edu/~jfs/neep602.lecture28.trajectories.96/neep602.lecture28.trajectories.96.html

thanks. I LOVE rockets but everyone else in my class is doing the same topic so i'll think about it.

What do you mean by "I need an idea"?

When someone says "I need an idea", they are typically looking for inspiration or a new concept to explore, whether it be for a project, experiment, or creative endeavor.

Why do people often struggle to come up with ideas?

There are many reasons why people may struggle to come up with ideas. It could be due to lack of knowledge or experience in a certain area, fear of failure, or simply feeling overwhelmed by too many options.

How can I improve my ability to generate ideas?

One way to improve your ability to generate ideas is to expose yourself to new and diverse experiences. This can help broaden your perspective and give you more resources to draw from when brainstorming. Additionally, practicing brainstorming techniques and keeping an open mind can also help stimulate creativity.

Are there any specific techniques for generating ideas?

Yes, there are various techniques that can help with generating ideas. Some popular methods include brainstorming, mind mapping, and the SCAMPER technique. These techniques often involve breaking down a problem or topic into smaller parts and then exploring each part to generate new ideas.

How can I ensure my ideas are original and innovative?

To ensure your ideas are original and innovative, it's important to do your research and familiarize yourself with what ideas have already been explored in your field. This can help you identify gaps and opportunities for new ideas. Additionally, seeking feedback and collaborating with others can also help refine and improve your ideas.