1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I need clarification about Bell state Measurements

1. Oct 29, 2004 #1
    The four bell states are

1: (|00>+|11>)(2)^-0.5
    2: (|00>-|11>)(2)^-0.5
    3: (|01>+|10>)(2)^-0.5
    4: (|01>-|10>)(2)^-0.5

I'm looking at super dense coding and the way i thought of it at first was that if a measurement of the first qubit was made then if we consider the first bell state (1) if 0 is the value obtained then the system if forced into the state |00> so that measurement of the second qubit yields 0 with certainty..

Now take (2) if we measure the first qubit and we get 0 then apparently measurement of the 2nd qubit yields 1 with certainty.. So my way of thinking isn't correct lol

Can someone clarify?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 29, 2004 #2
    Seems to me you are really into QIT...

Check out this site of John Preskill. All the answers are in the links to lecture notes, they are highly recommended. I studied quantum info theory from these lectures at college...
    http://www.theory.caltech.edu/~preskill/ph219/
    marlon

4. Oct 29, 2004 #3
    I'm doing a project on Quantum computing :D

5. Oct 29, 2004 #4
    well, you will find everything in them notes...feel free to ask more questions though

marlon

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?